What's new

Tyronne Wallace

homeytennis

He was our last second round pick in 2016 and played with the Stars and the Jazz didn't proffer him a contract. So he is still Jazz property. He has about the same size as Dante. Anyone think he is a prospect?

He was our last second round pick in 2016 and played with the Stars and the Jazz didn't proffer him a contract. So he is still Jazz property. He has about the same size as Dante. Anyone think he is a prospect?

I watched him play a little in the D League this year. He has the size and athletic ability to compete at the 2 and 1. Unfortunately his jumper is terrible. That is what he needs to iron out over the offseason. As a former PG he can pass and handle the ball. I also liked his ability to get over screens. He also needs to get stronger. If we can dump Burks contract, I think he could have a spot as 5th or 6th wing.

I watched him play a little in the D League this year. He has the size and athletic ability to compete at the 2 and 1. Unfortunately his jumper is terrible. That is what he needs to iron out over the offseason. As a former PG he can pass and handle the ball. I also liked his ability to get over screens. He also needs to get stronger. If we can dump Burks contract, I think he could have a spot as 5th or 6th wing.

The few times I actually watched the D-League, he definitely seemed like he had the most NBA potential outside of Bolomboy.

I will cry if the Jazz replace Burks with a 5th or 6th wing. The need more than a DLeague guy in that spot.

I'm interested in Tyronne Wallace because lately I've been wondering why the heck the Jazz invite 100+ guys that won't make the NBA to predraft workouts. Are they really going to find something? What is the point? Last year they worked out a ton of people, hopefully that means they made a pretty educated guess by drafting Wallace at 60. But who knows???

I will cry if the Jazz replace Burks with a 5th or 6th wing. The need more than a DLeague guy in that spot.

I'm interested in Tyronne Wallace because lately I've been wondering why the heck the Jazz invite 100+ guys that won't make the NBA to predraft workouts. Are they really going to find something? What is the point? Last year they worked out a ton of people, hopefully that means they made a pretty educated guess by drafting Wallace at 60. But who knows???

Jazz probably going to replace Burks with a draft pick(s) this year.

Though really, unless there is a direct order to cut salary from the Millers, there might not really be a need to trade Burks prematurely. Maybe he comes into this season healthy and actually plays well and suddenly becomes a good contract and not worthless.

Though really, unless there is a direct order to cut salary from the Millers, there might not really be a need to trade Burks prematurely. Maybe he comes into this season healthy and actually plays well and suddenly becomes a good contract and not worthless.

As I understand he is still Jazz property as the Jazz never offered him a contract. It's like Tomic playing overseas. I know some of it is semantics but the same thing happened to Pierre Jackson when he was drafted but not signed and stashed in the DLeague. Whoever drafted him still had his rights.

As I understand he is still Jazz property as the Jazz never offered him a contract. It's like Tomic playing overseas. I know some of it is semantics but the same thing happened to Pierre Jackson when he was drafted but not signed and stashed in the DLeague. Whoever drafted him still had his rights.

Seems like that would be pretty ****ed up.

Definitely. Selling Burks while he is injured just to clear some salary would be dumb. His 10 million dollar contract will have some real value if he can return and play well.

I saw this and thought:

"what does Tyronne Wallace look like!?"

"what!"

"I said, what does Tyronne Wallace look like!"

"what!"

"I said, what one more god damn time! I ******* dare you!"

I can't count the times I thought while watching the Jazz/Warriors series that what the Jazz need in order to beat the Warriors are D-League guys. We already have Shelvin on a Plate.

Definitely. Selling Burks while he is injured just to clear some salary would be dumb. His 10 million dollar contract will have some real value if he can return and play well.

When was the last time this happened?

March 11th, 2017

21 pts, 7 rebs, 2 assists on 46% fg & 60% 3pt in just 23 minutes played.
How quickly people forget. That isn't all that long ago.

I still believe he is very talented. Just needs to get healthy.

Has a great attitude and work ethic and loves the game.

I saw this and thought:

"what does Tyronne Wallace look like!?"

"what!"

"I said, what does Tyronne Wallace look like!"

"what!"

"I said, what one more god damn time! I ******* dare you!"

35d057a78558af82112f2a4e840a240f.jpg