What's new

U of Utah - poor job with team medical care so far IMHO

Golfman

The University of Utah paid the Jazz a whole boatload of $$$ in late 2014/early 2015 for the rights to provide health care for the team. The Jazz FO took the money, and let go (fired) the team of physicians that helped the Jazz through the Stockton/Malone, DWill/Boozer/Okur/AK era. That medical staff knew what they were doing, injuries were infrequent, and players recovered fast thanks to excellent, confident care. Reminded me of the infamous Phoenix Suns training staff.

Fast forward to the past year or two. I personally think the inexperience of our NEW medical staff that PAID for the right to provide care, instead of being chosen based on merit and ability to provide the best care, has been detrimental to our team. Players are getting injured more, take longer to get back, and medical updates are often pretty poor.

Sorry for the rant. I've been thinking about this all year but haven't been on the board for a while to post it. I think the Jazz FO should have gone out and paid for the BEST medical care, instead of allowing a a bunch of doctors from the U (some, I know, are less than 1 year out of training and inexperienced) to pay the Jazz a bunch of $$$ so they could provide care. All for the sake of advertising.

At any rate, I was really happy we were finally healthy to start the playoffs. I certainly hope RUDY makes it back sooner rather than later!

I mean, this might be true, especially for Favors/Hood who have had season long problems, but injuries Rudy/Hayward/Hill sustained this year where just flukes that cant be prevented.

The University of Utah paid the Jazz a whole boatload of $$$ in late 2014/early 2015 for the rights to provide health care for the team. The Jazz FO took the money, and let go (fired) the team of physicians that helped the Jazz through the Stockton/Malone, DWill/Boozer/Okur/AK era. That medical staff knew what they were doing, injuries were infrequent, and players recovered fast thanks to excellent, confident care. Reminded me of the infamous Phoenix Suns training staff.

Fast forward to the past year or two. I personally think the inexperience of our NEW medical staff that PAID for the right to provide care, instead of being chosen based on merit and ability to provide the best care, has been detrimental to our team. Players are getting injured more, take longer to get back, and medical updates are often pretty poor.

Sorry for the rant. I've been thinking about this all year but haven't been on the board for a while to post it. I think the Jazz FO should have gone out and paid for the BEST medical care, instead of allowing a a bunch of doctors from the U (some, I know, are less than 1 year out of training and inexperienced) to pay the Jazz a bunch of $$$ so they could provide care. All for the sake of advertising.

At any rate, I was really happy we were finally healthy to start the playoffs. I certainly hope RUDY makes it back sooner rather than later!

And your medical training has allowed you what particular insight regarding the mismanagement of the Jazz injuries ??

Why would U of Utah "pay" the Jazz to take care of their players? Is it like a sponsorship kind of thing to get the name U of Utah out there?

Why would U of Utah "pay" the Jazz to take care of their players? Is it like a sponsorship kind of thing to get the name U of Utah out there?

Marketing. I know someone who works up there and that is what management is all about. Hemorrhaging staff because they don't treat them right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Except that I heard a lot of the doctors from the golden age and the Deron era were retiring. So the Jazz had to look at other options

I mean, this might be true, especially for Favors/Hood who have had season long problems, but injuries Rudy/Hayward/Hill sustained this year where just flukes that cant be prevented.

The Burks injury/surgery/rehab was a debacle too.

If what you say is true, the Jazz need to upgrade. You should consider sending this or a message like this to DL.

If what you say is true, the Jazz need to upgrade. You should consider sending this or a message like this to DL.

Nah, DL is too busy spending all that UofU bribe money to listen.

Im less concerned with the Jazz medical staff than I am with the clock management team at Vivint Arena. They should have drained the swamp years ago with the current operators we have now.

So I would like to think the injuries won't anyways be like the last couple of years, but there is not a single source cited to support the claims made here.

Does anybody have anything beyond heresay? Seems like journalists may have glossed this over as well, but I don't read everything.

Sent from my SM-G930P using JazzFanz mobile app