What's new

Udoka , woof

So it should kind of balance out. That's nice.
Is this good or bad news for Dok? "Udoka suffered a partially dislocated right ankle while playing for Utah’s G League affiliate Friday night, the Jazz announced (via Twitter). The team’s medical staff determined that the second-year center has a subluxation in his right ankle, but initial X-rays didn’t show a fracture. Doctors will continue to review the MRI results to set a timetable for Azubuike’s recovery (Twitter link)."
"

Is this good or bad news for Dok? "Udoka suffered a partially dislocated right ankle while playing for Utah’s G League affiliate Friday night, the Jazz announced (via Twitter). The team’s medical staff determined that the second-year center has a subluxation in his right ankle, but initial X-rays didn’t show a fracture. Doctors will continue to review the MRI results to set a timetable for Azubuike’s recovery (Twitter link)."
"
Maybe. But probably good news for his next team.

Doke's pick was the worst because it just makes zero sense from the get-go.

Exum sucks but the logic behind selecting him makes sense. Lyles was bad but selecting him makes sense.

Using a first round pick to get a backup center that are readily available at min deals, makes no sense.

And we did it twice, passing up guys like Derrick White, Bane, Josh Hart, Mcdaniels in the process.
I feel bad for Dok and then started to check on centers the Jazz ran off. Even if healthy Dok's big weakness is free throw shooting and it didn't seem to be improving. So I checked on Bradley, Willie Reed and Isaac Haas. Bradley is doing pine for the Bulls, Reed is playing in Eastern Europe, and Big Ike is playing in China. The worst FT shooter this season is Big Ike at 68%. That percentage is better than seven Jazz players right now. Big Ike is third in his league in rebounding, 5th in blocked shot and averaging 13 ppg. Willie is averaging about the same ppg. The point is that one of these guys could have been the third center and we would not have wasted treasure in getting rid of Bradley, drafting Dok, and telling Willie and Big Ike: "Go away, you guys suck." I tell you the front office is staffed with geniuses.

I feel bad for Dok and then started to check on centers the Jazz ran off. Even if healthy Dok's big weakness is free throw shooting and it didn't seem to be improving. So I checked on Bradley, Willie Reed and Isaac Haas. Bradley is doing pine for the Bulls, Reed is playing in Eastern Europe, and Big Ike is playing in China. The worst FT shooter this season is Big Ike at 68%. That percentage is better than seven Jazz players right now. Big Ike is third in his league in rebounding, 5th in blocked shot and averaging 13 ppg. Willie is averaging about the same ppg. The point is that one of these guys could have been the third center and we would not have wasted treasure in getting rid of Bradley, drafting Dok, and telling Willie and Big Ike: "Go away, you guys suck." I tell you the front office is staffed with geniuses.
the goal with Doke has always been making him the backup center because he never gonna challenge Rudy in that starting role. And backup centers are one of the cheapest species in this league. So he's alway been a low ceiling/low floor type of pick that has no chance to succeed.