What's new

Udonis Haslem

This is a move I wouldn't mind making. I think Haslem would be a very solid pick up.

Haslem will want to stay with Heat. He gets to collect some rings very quickly.

The only problem with this is the timing. I wouldn't make a move that would jeopardize our ability to sign Wesley. Also, I think the Heat may try to find a way to keep him and that he would be inclined to stay. I think he would take the best offer though.

I vote yes if we can get him for a reasonable price, however I think one or more of the spurned LeBron-chasers might be willing to offer him more than we should pay.

Haslem would be an excellent pickup. Love his game. Good defender, good rebounder, and can knock down open jumpers.

The heat can't offer him very much, league minimum for a 6 year vet is just over a million. I don't know if Haslem has made enough money to take a pay cut like that. Dropping from 7 million down to 1 million?He left money on the table on his last contract but it was 10 million over the course of 5 years. He's still young enough that he doesn't have to give up money while going after a ring. IMO

I'd take Haslem on the Jazz in a heartbeat. We would have to sign Matthews first.

Yep, he's a real player. Not All-star level, but a solid, hard-working, intelligent ball player, who would work in Sloan's system.

The heat can't offer him very much, league minimum for a 6 year vet is just over a million. I don't know if Haslem has made enough money to take a pay cut like that. Dropping from 7 million down to 1 million?He left money on the table on his last contract but it was 10 million over the course of 5 years. He's still young enough that he doesn't have to give up money while going after a ring. IMO

I'd take Haslem on the Jazz in a heartbeat. We would have to sign Matthews first.

Can't teams go over the LT cap to sign their own FAs? They can give him whatever they want right? Miami should be able to go into LT territory now with total sellouts and higher ticket prices.

Can't teams go over the LT cap to sign their own FAs? They can give him whatever they want right? Miami should be able to go into LT territory now with total sellouts and higher ticket prices.
The Heat had to renounce Haslem and their other free agents to get under the cap to sign LeBron, Bosh and Miller. Once you renounce a free agent, they aren't your free agent any more as far as bird rights. At this point they are pretty much restricted to minimum salary deals to fill out their roster.

This. ^^^

Also, I have heard that the big three are looking to structure their contracts so that there's enough space left to fill out the roster. Probably not enough to get great players, but probably enough so they aren't starting D-Leaguers.

I'd give big props to Wade,LeBron and the other dude if they each agreed to 12-13 mill to help get more talent there. I don't see it happening but we'll see soon enough.

This Udonis Haslem? With the Florida tat? Yeah, he'll come to Utah...
udonis-haslem-florida-tattoo.png

We dont need another 6-8 235lb undersized PF to take mins away from our young bigs. I would rather Koufos get those mins and develop this season. Haslem is a good last piece on a contending team. A solid defender who can make baseline jumpers. He could have been a good backup for Boozer.

But we now have both AK and possibly Koufos contending for backup PF mins and Millsap is going to play atleast 30-35 mins.
And we are no longer contenders. This season is all about living and dying with our young guys and see how far they can go.
Plus Haslem atleast has a chance to start with the Heat.

Yeah, I wanna see Sap, AK, and Koko take PF duties for the year. Jazz should be focusing on another C to bring in. Use the Harp exception on Gortat or what's Dampier doing now?

Haslem's a solid player but not what the Jazz need right now. Let the other guys develop and if the Jazz lose a few games in the process they're closer to the lottery, instead of another early playoff exit.