What's new

Uh oh, as if the odds weren't stacked against us already

She's fantastic, IMO. I think they should always have someone from the PR staff of one of the teams do some color. Congrats, Spurs, Doris seems like a wonderful addition to your staff.

I actually like her. Every announcer makes mistakes even big one's like she did. I guess you haven't listen to Ron Boone lately. She gives the jazz a lot of credit and doesn't just recycle "Harping played QB in..." stories. I certainly would rather listen to her than the Spurs home announcers. I can't stand them.

The fact that some people mention she is a woman only shows they have a problem with her being a woman. She is either a bad announcer or a good one. I don't see how her gender is an issue.

The fact that some people mention she is a woman only shows they have a problem with her being a woman. She is either a bad announcer or a good one. I don't see how her gender is an issue.

...my 88 year old Dad wants to know "What do broads know about sports?"

She is the color announcer yet she cannot relate at all and does not bring any expert or inside knowledge/insight because she has never played in the nba nor has she ever coached in the nba. If she was doing play-by-play then I would understand the argument that her sex is not important, but she's not doing play-by-play. She's supposed to be the expert yet she repeatedly gets stuff wrong and does so more often than other professionals in her position.

Her sex is irrelevant to me, but it does explain her lack of professional experience - I just think she sucks compared to other national tv level color commentators. Comparing her to local mainstays like Boone does not help justify Burke doing NBA playoff coverage for the largest sports channel in the country.

She still might be better than Mullin though. Now he is horrible.