What's new

Under the Dome

Not a fan of Crow in this role. King himself said he always pictured Eastwood in his early westerns when he thought of Roland, and really a late-90's Eastwood would be about perfect for the role. I think they need to go a different route with it and find a newcomer who can pull off the Eastwood look and feel better. Kind of like the way that Josh Brolin pulled off such an awesome Young Tommy Lee Jones in MIB 3.

But I also have never been that impressed with Crow to begin with. I liked Beautiful Mind, but still am not a Crow fan.

But crow did such an amazing job in Les Miserables. Not once during that newest version did I find myself screaming WHY WHY WHY. If you try closing your eyes and plugging your ears during a crow flick you might learn to appreciate his body of work.

Crow was pretty good as a cowboy in 310 to yuma imo.

Anything is better than tom cruise as Jack Reacher..... worst casting job ever.
Should have been the dude who plays opie in sins of anarchy

Crow was pretty good as a cowboy in 310 to yuma imo.

Anything is better than tom cruise as Jack Reacher..... worst casting job ever.
Should have been the dude who plays opie in sins of anarchy

The best movies TC has ever been in were Interview with the Vampire and Eyes Wide Shut, both would have been fine without him.

If they didn't re-press the Stephen King book right after the show made its advertisement, I would never have guessed that it was a King story. Didn't read the book, watching the show still, skipping a few episodes and then watch along with my wife.

I have thought that Garret Dillahunt could pull off Roland. He has done a lot of character actor stuff, like in Looper and No Country for Old Men. I think he has the look and some of the mannerisms, and he has always seemed solid. Not sure he can make the leap to that big a starring role though.
Is he the creepy killer guy in NCFOM? I think he was actually scheduled to have the part, but backed out when Warner Bros. (I think) pulled out.

As of now, I think, Ron Howard is on board to direct it. I had heard rumors a few months ago that Russell Crow was playing Roland... It sounds like that is no longer a rumor, and Crow is it. Ugh. Part of me wants to scream "NOOOOOOOO!", as there isn't a single thing about Crow that even remotely portrays Roland. Worse than Afflack as Batman, if that's even possible. On the other hand, I am one of the few people I know who really liked A Beautiful Mind, and that was Howard and Crow at their best. I'm torn.

I liked A Beautiful Mind too.

As for Under the Dome........ It's been pretty bad IMO. I really shouldn't have wasted my time with it after the first few episodes. I guess the joke is on me.

Yeah I am not coming back for the second season that is for sure. Gonna have to re-read the book to get the crappy taste of the series out of my mouth.