What's new

Unicorn Sighting: NYT article about the Jazz (Clarkson)

UB

100% certified ****boii
Contributor
Well well well...we don't see this very often from the New York Times. The Gray Lady deigned to pay a few columns of tribute to the Jazz, but specifically to Jordan Clarkson's success as a Filipino NBAer. A nice article, and pretty neat to see how he has made the Jazz better known in the SE Asian archipelago nation. I liked seeing all the different Jazz jerseys in the pics. I'm a sucker for the Malone jersey at the beginning. We have some Filipino Jazzfanz members, don't we? Anyways, here is the article:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/05/sports/nba-jazz-jordan-clarkson-philippines.html

Good article. Yeah most of what I have been seeing lately are articles along the lines of "who are the top teams of the west? The Lakers are the team to beat. The clippers and Nuggets are right there. Don't sleep on the Suns! Dallas and Portland might be the dark horses. Oh wait, what? Who? Oh yeah, the Jazz are out there too, I guess they have won some games. Anyway, back to the Nuggets!!"

• Haha
Reactions: UB
Great read! I thought royzzz and I were the only jazz fans in the country in the 90s/early 2000 LoL.
Hope there will be more fans who will be appreciative of the team culture, playing style and the organization.
Glad to have you!

Great read! I thought royzzz and I were the only jazz fans in the country in the 90s/early 2000 LoL.
Hope there will be more fans who will be appreciative of the team culture, playing style and the organization.
Where are you in Philippines?

I lived in Manila for a few months. People is nuts about basketball over there. I went to a few games of the 2016 FIBA qualifying tournament. I remember watching Philippines, and then saying "wait, is that Andray Blatche? what is going on". He bricked 3 after 3 after 3 haha

Yep good to have more Jazz fanz now here in PHL.
I remember watching Jazz-Bulls championship games and only very few were rooting for the Jazz.

Now you can see some Mitchell jerseys.
Now there's even a Jazz facebook group where Filipinos are quiet active.

Reactions: UB
Where are you in Philippines?

I lived in Manila for a few months. People is nuts about basketball over there. I went to a few games of the 2016 FIBA qualifying tournament. I remember watching Philippines, and then saying "wait, is that Andray Blatche? what is going on". He bricked 3 after 3 after 3 haha
Hey Latin!

Just in the city-Metro Manila, I might have watched that FIBA game too:) Andray can be very dominating one day, then bricking the next.

I'm from Philippines and when I was a kid during the Bulls vs Jazz era I was rooting for the Jazz and was a big fan of Malone like how I idolize WWE stars. I'm maybe a rare fan in my country who has no interest watching the Bulls or MJ but instead I enjoyed watching the Jazz. So basically Jazz is my #1 team among else and I'm rooting them from Malone, AK47, Okur, Dwill, Hayward and I think I stop following them after Clarkson came to NBA. Now I'm happy I have a guy I follow is in the same team that I used to root growing up.