What's new

Unleash Tony Bradley

No thanks... please keep him properly leashed. Apologies that Ed is not exciting enough for some of you but he's been fine.

Ed Davis has always looked like trash. He's a guy that does some things that don't show up in a box score that coaches love and has parlayed that into a long career.

Ed Davis has always looked like trash. He's a guy that does some things that don't show up in a box score that coaches love and has parlayed that into a long career.

He rebounds the effs out of the ball. His defense was good last night. He closed out and then moved his feet well to cut off the drive on Frank the Tank.

Ed's offense is a problem, but also gets some extra possessions by hitting the offensive glass. What exactly were people expecting.

Davis defense been better than what i expected, but his offense, man, it gets hard to see, really bad, and problably worse to play with, considering his screens, rim rolling and fts...

His plus minus is staggeringly bad. I just think Mr Ed is a bit undersized. If the dough boy can compete its worth give him a run outside of garbage time. Problem with that is Mr Ed then gets the hump about minutes and his place in the rotation, who knows what promises were made when he was signed.

No thanks... please keep him properly leashed. Apologies that Ed is not exciting enough for some of you but he's been fine.
My reasons have less to do with Davis and more to do with inserting players who might get some buckets when we’re in an icy stretch.

During the two games where our offense has really bogged way the **** down, it seems like there’s a feedback loop that gets going: a little bog leads to a bigger bog. If there’s something like this happening when Rudy needs a breather, then I want to see some Bradley cuz Davis isn’t getting us out of those loops.

My reasons have less to do with Davis and more to do with inserting players who might get some buckets when we’re in an icy stretch.

During the two games where our offense has really bogged way the **** down, it seems like there’s a feedback loop that gets going: a little bog leads to a bigger bog. If there’s something like this happening when Rudy needs a breather, then I want to see some Bradley cuz Davis isn’t getting us out of those loops.
If these aren’t the conditions for seeing some Bradley, then what (besides garbage minutes in a blowout) are the conditions?

Can we please see what he can do with an actual NBA situation? It’s not like his resume hasn’t earned him something, imo.

He rebounds the effs out of the ball. His defense was good last night. He closed out and then moved his feet well to cut off the drive on Frank the Tank.

Ed's offense is a problem, but also gets some extra possessions by hitting the offensive glass. What exactly were people expecting.
Bradley seems to be a good rebounder too.
Is there a way to look up his per 36 rebounding numbers from pre season this year? I bet they are pretty good.
I looked up his regular season per 36 rebounding numbers and they were right around 15 per game per 36. Of course his sample size is so small that it means nothing.
Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Definitely not impressed with Ed so far.

Wouldn’t mind Tony getting some burn.
He's so bad in the PNR. Udoh at least had some ball control and was more instinctive as a passer.

I doubt Quin drops Davis this early, but if this continues Bradley might get a shot.

I get that... it seems both our centers have a problem in PnR catching and finishing... Bradley can help that... but his other stuff he gets off cleaning up garbage off the glass. I think Davis is better there.

Davis' defense has been really solid... I'm not sure Bradley can do that. I also think you need significant cause to justify benching a respected vet like Davis... he hasn't given us that yet. If Bradley was unbelievably good then you could justify it that way, but I think the move would be questionable or could be a flat out downgrade. This is the kind of move you do at the 20-25 game mark if things aren't clicking.

Only way Bradley gets on the court in non-garbage time is if there is an injury. If he showed something while one guy was out then Davis might get benched.

If Conley resembled anything like the player we hoped to get the offense would be fine. I'm not super worried but it is not something that I want to linger on... he needs one breakthrough performance and I think he can put some of this stuff behind him.

I get that... it seems both our centers have a problem in PnR catching and finishing... Bradley can help that... but his other stuff he gets off cleaning up garbage off the glass. I think Davis is better there.

Davis' defense has been really solid... I'm not sure Bradley can do that. I also think you need significant cause to justify benching a respected vet like Davis... he hasn't given us that yet. If Bradley was unbelievably good then you could justify it that way, but I think the move would be questionable or could be a flat out downgrade. This is the kind of move you do at the 20-25 game mark if things aren't clicking.

Only way Bradley gets on the court in non-garbage time is if there is an injury. If he showed something while one guy was out then Davis might get benched.

If Conley resembled anything like the player we hoped to get the offense would be fine. I'm not super worried but it is not something that I want to linger on... he needs one breakthrough performance and I think he can put some of this stuff behind him.
Unleash Bradley!