Votes: 4 15.4%
  • I prefer half-assed tank

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • NO tank.....make trade to climb to crappy pick

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • We're still making the playoffs, just need to change the line up

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
To me Exum and Hayward are the starters we need to keep. Favors has the most tradeable contract, I'm not saying trade him but if we can get something really good from him I say do it.

What I hate about tanking is the fact that a great game that the Jazz win is a letdown. I'm just not programmed that way. And that all talk shifts towards kids playing basketball in college. I don't like kid basketball and don't care about the pipsqueaks playing it. I'd rather talk about what the Jazz are up to.

I can relate to this. As much as I try to pimp the rebuild, I have a hard time not rooting for our players when I watch. Losing by a buzzer beater is fine with me, but I hate to watch us getting creamed, even though in most drafts every single win can kill you.
-
Trying to keep up with college players is too time consuming for me, so when we have a decent pick, I usually wait until a month or so before the draft, and then I familiarize myself with our possible options. Still can't relate to people who get so caught up in college players that we end up with a frickin' Laker rookie thread in the Jazz forum. Those guys need help and I'd prefer they get banned for corrupting the board like that. Ok, maybe not really, since they do all the homework I'm too lazy to do, but they should be caned at the very least.

What I hate about tanking is the fact that a great game that the Jazz win is a letdown. I'm just not programmed that way. And that all talk shifts towards kids playing basketball in college. I don't like kid basketball and don't care about the pipsqueaks playing it. I'd rather talk about what the Jazz are up to.
For my part, I will still be happy when we win but also be ok with a loss. I'm totally invested in our players rather than next years draft.

So while I do support this year's tank...... it's different than last season when I was rooting for losses and pissed off when we won

-
Trying to keep up with college players is too time consuming for me, so when we have a decent pick, I usually wait until a month or so before the draft, and then I familiarize myself with our possible options.

Samesies

To me Exum and Hayward are the starters we need to keep. Favors has the most tradeable contract, I'm not saying trade him but if we can get something really good from him I say do it.

I agree about Favors. I'm up and down with him but mostly down. I think he has the talent to be a great player but I don't think he has the mentality. It would have to be someone really good, like you said. We need players with a killer instinct if this team is ever going to go deep in the playoffs. Hayward has it, but I don't think Favors does.

Lindsey just doing the "GM tank" again. Got rid of RJ and MW and replaced with Booker and Ingles/Hood. Exum essentially about as effective as Garrett. Have to admit I'm a little disappointed Trey and Kanter haven't shown more improvement. And I was secretly hoping for more from Dante. But if all that means the Jazz get a top-3 or top-5 pick, I think Utah will be better off in the long run.

I know Dante is young, but I am really worried about this guy. He seems to have very little confidence going to the hole. From what I have seen he doesn't have tthat killer instinct. I hope it's there, just hiding.

I agree about Favors. I'm up and down with him but mostly down. I think he has the talent to be a great player but I don't think he has the mentality. It would have to be someone really good, like you said. We need players with a killer instinct if this team is ever going to go deep in the playoffs. Hayward has it, but I don't think Favors does.

LOL. What Hayward has is too big of a mouth yo. Should have let him screw the Bobcats over instead. A very unpopular opinion I guess.

If by, "Just tank the F out of that B", you mean "Keep playing our super-young lottery players together even though they're struggling, while working them to the point of exhaustion in practice so they know the new system inside and out, and keeping Trey "Black Jesus" Burk and Enes "The Menace" Kanter in the starting lineup until at least the All Star break instead of trying Exum and Gobert as starters, letting Gobert, Exum and Hood grow into their bodies/roles, and quietly plotting to leverage whatever assets are needed to add an All-Star caliber player to anchor the future group of Exum, Hayward, Favors, Burks (6th), Hood and maybe (depending on his trade value and RFA) Kanter."

If that's what you mean, then heck yeah. Tank the F out of this B!

I want this group to work hard, learn the system and actually spend time together on the court - even if it doesn't feel like it's working or translating to wins. They need to keep playing Gobert, Hood and Exum more so they get more work on tape to evaluate. Development and team chemistry are the keys for now. Add an All Star level scorer any way possible (draft, trade or free agency) and improve the bench in the process and this is a good, playoff level team. Quin and the players can't quit. At some point they need to have success, and I think they will. I see them finishing better than they've started, but still ending up with a top 5-10 pick.

I'm rooting for them to win, but I'm also not stressing out if they lose. They're young, learning and struggling to find their way. The bench is terrible right now, by design through inexperience IMO. There's a long way to go, but this team isn't built to win right now. This whole thing is a process. I'm still encouraged by some of the things Ive seen (especially Hayward and Favors) and think it will translate to long term success as they grow together and hopefully get that #1 option that they need so desperately.

Best in season post yet.