What's new

Unsigned Free Agents

homeytennis

Are there any unsigned free agents out there that could improve the roster? I know there are about 3 or 4 bigs that are unsigned and DWill hasn't signed with anyone yet. Creatively the Jazz could waive someone for the roster sport.

Are there any unsigned free agents out there that could improve the roster? I know there are about 3 or 4 bigs that are unsigned and DWill hasn't signed with anyone yet. Creatively the Jazz could waive someone for the roster sport.

Unless a trade opportunity comes outta nowhere, I don't think their signing anybody else. No way you go after a guy like DWill when you just acquired Rubio and you gotta give minutes to Exum in order to decide if you want to try and resign him. That's not even factoring in Mitchell playing some minutes at the 1.

Nikola Mirotic is still a FA. Although Chicago will still match any offer plus Jazz don't have room to sign him. A sign and trade could work though.

I'm pretty high on Favor's return but I might be willing to trade him for a locked up Mirotic to pair with Gobert for the next 4 years. It would probably require a third team though since I doubt Chicago wants Favor's.

Nikola Mirotic is still a FA. Although Chicago will still match any offer plus Jazz don't have room to sign him. A sign and trade could work though.

I'm pretty high on Favor's return but I might be willing to trade him for a locked up Mirotic to pair with Gobert for the next 4 years. It would probably require a third team though since I doubt Chicago wants Favor's.

Brandon Jennings just signed with a team in China but hopes to catch on with an NBA team after the Chinese season is over.

Mirotic would be a good get for the Jazz. I wouldnt be surprised to see him take the qualifying offer from chicago and become unrestricted next year.

Mirotic would be a good get for the Jazz. I wouldnt be surprised to see him take the qualifying offer from chicago and become unrestricted next year.
Agree.
Excluding 2-way slots, Utah has 16 guys for 15 positions. I don't see any further FA signings unless a trade happens.

My concern is having Favs, Hood and Exum as FA's next summer. Jazz may lose all of them for nothing and/or be forced to decide on matching some outrageous offer. A team like Brooklyn might overpay to poach Hood or Exum.

Agree.
Excluding 2-way slots, Utah has 16 guys for 15 positions. I don't see any further FA signings unless a trade happens.

My concern is having Favs, Hood and Exum as FA's next summer. Jazz may lose all of them for nothing and/or be forced to decide on matching some outrageous offer. A team like Brooklyn might overpay to poach Hood or Exum.
The Jazz won't lose all 3 for nothing. Its nearly impossible.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

Agree.

i cant remember where i read the article or i would post it but they were talking to a lot of agents and GMs and next summer there wont be a lot of money for middle free agents like Hood and Exum

The Jazz won't lose all 3 for nothing. Its nearly impossible.

Maybe, maybe not. They obviously can match any offers for Hood and Exum. But it just takes one team to give either an offer high enough that Utah probably shouldn't match.

Brooklyn may be likely to step in and muck things up.

I see Exum as the one most likely to return. The draft was PG heavy. Most teams that will have significant cap space already have better young prospects. If Hood averages 18 pts and shoots close to 40% on his 3's, I could see Brooklyn making him a big offer. Bulls could go after any of the three. Demand for Favors, of course, depends on his health.

Maybe, maybe not. They obviously can match any offers for Hood and Exum. But it just takes one team to give either an offer high enough that Utah probably shouldn't match.

Brooklyn may be likely to step in and muck things up.

I see Exum as the one most likely to return. The draft was PG heavy. Most teams that will have significant cap space already have better young prospects. If Hood averages 18 pts and shoots close to 40% on his 3's, I could see Brooklyn making him a big offer. Bulls could go after any of the three. Demand for Favors, of course, depends on his health.
1 RFA has switched teams in the last 10 years in free agency...