What's new

US. OPEN at Pebble beach

it's fact. In terms of golf architecture and conditioning it's atrocious for that level of golf
Have you been there during the US OPEN, because I have been there the last two times Pebble has hosted the US OPEN, and it’s always been spectacular!! They have it in perfect working order during one of its majors. They wouldn’t play a major golf tournament in a dump.

Maybe it’s not well kept during the rest of the year, but I’ve walked all 18 holes after the tournament is over twice. And it’s in perfect shape

It really is an amazing course, when weather conditions are good, you get some great scores, but when the winds get going, you are in big trouble, and it plays as hard as any course, which is why I love it when they play the us open there

It really is an amazing course, when weather conditions are good, you get some great scores, but when the winds get going, you are in big trouble, and it plays as hard as any course, which is why I love it when they play the us open there

In terms of design characteristics and the subtlety of risk / reward, bunkering and other features that typify great courses ... it’s a good public course

Whats your handicap?

nah had a disagreement with the missus. Not talking to her for the last day, clears the head lol

I was in a filthy mood when I got to work yesterday but was welcomed with the news that one of our regulars died overnight and then 15 minutes into the shift went old school on an arsehole, improved my mood immensely.