What's new

US. OPEN at Pebble beach

There was a record amount of under par rounds for a us open. Just go look at all of the comments golfers had about the course and all the praise they had for the conditions and how the course played.

It was boring af in terms of a spectacle to watch on tv compared to the way the masters is set up. Watching guys trying to find their ball in deep rough just off the green and then just having to play the same type of recovery shots is tedious.

Never mind dude, you don’t get it I’ll move on and happily enjoy watching the British Open
You just aren’t the avid golf fan I am then. Luckily for you there was no wind all weekend or it would’ve been completely unwatchable for you. The US OPEN is tests everything about a golfer’s wit and mental side of the game.

Personally I was disappointed there was no wind. One thing I love about Pebble is that it’s shorter than other corses with smaller fairways and greens. Forces you to be more Strategic and pin point. To me it’s the post prestigious major in golf because if you want to win, on that weekend, you have to be great! A great example is Woodland on 17 with that flop shot on the green, probably the shot of the tournament.

it's a dog track One of the worst courses a major championship has ever been played on. Beautiful scenery that's about it

it's fact. In terms of golf architecture and conditioning it's atrocious for that level of golf

The fact is Pebble is ranked #1 public golf course in USA and 7 in all golf courses in USA. THAT IS FACT!!

My brother has played it 6 times and has told me and everyone who will listen it’s the best golf experience he has ever had, and had you been at this tournament like I was you wouldn’t be calling it a dog track, which is one of the most idiots statements I’ve ever heard, and ignorant as hell!!

The fact is Pebble is ranked #1 public golf course in USA and 7 in all golf courses in USA. THAT IS FACT!!

My brother has played it 6 times and has told me and everyone who will listen it’s the best golf experience he has ever had, and had you been at this tournament like I was you wouldn’t be calling it a dog track, which is one of the most idiots statements I’ve ever heard, and ignorant as hell!!

Lol it’s a good public course. Mediocre design. Way too expensive

There are so many other better courses in the US and a zillion better ones internationally

You just aren’t the avid golf fan I am then. Luckily for you there was no wind all weekend or it would’ve been completely unwatchable for you. The US OPEN is tests everything about a golfer’s wit and mental side of the game.

Personally I was disappointed there was no wind. One thing I love about Pebble is that it’s shorter than other corses with smaller fairways and greens. Forces you to be more Strategic and pin point. To me it’s the post prestigious major in golf because if you want to win, on that weekend, you have to be great! A great example is Woodland on 17 with that flop shot on the green, probably the shot of the tournament.

Lol that wasn’t a “flop shot” lololol

And that was a great shot but it was the only choice he had. The last thing the US Open tests is a players wit, it is a great test of patience. The players are given little choice in what type of shots to hit, it’s just “here hit this target, and if you miss it even by a few inches you’re dead” And if you don’t get what I’m saying you don’t appreciate the nuances of course design and challenges of golf in its purest form. Have you played outside the US ?? How many great golf courses have you played ?? Last year for example Shinnecock Hills is widely considered one of the great courses in the US, I’ve been there and seen the different type of challenge that poses, how much more it asks of a player in terms of positioning tee shots, what types of approach shots. Pebble is a good public course in comparison to a great course like Shinnecock.

The US Open has always widely been considered the weakest major unless you’re from the US as it is your national open.

Last edited:
Lol that wasn’t a “flop shot” lololol

And that was a great shot but it was the only choice he had. The last thing the US Open tests is a players wit, it is a great test of patience. The players are given little choice in what type of shots to hit, it’s just “here hit this target, and if you miss it even by a few inches you’re dead” And if you don’t get what I’m saying you don’t appreciate the nuances of course design and challenges of golf in its purest form. Have you played outside the US ?? How many great golf courses have you played ?? Last year for example Shinnecock Hills is widely considered one of the great courses in the US, I’ve been there and seen the different type of challenge that poses, how much more it asks of a player in terms of positioning tee shots, what types of approach shots. Pebble is a good public course in comparison to a great course like Shinnecock.

The US Open has always widely been considered the weakest major unless you’re from the US as it is your national open.

You should try playing these courses in Utah. You dont know golf til youve played here.