fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
Another domino falling towards 4 super conferences with a total of 64 teams seperate from the ncaa.

I hope BYU and Utah get in.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Now im hearing that Washington and Oregon are also leaving the Pac12. Im hearing that the pac 12 and big 12 are going to try to add teams from the opposition of whats left after the dust settles from the USC, UCLA, Oklahoma, Texas, Oregon, and Washington moves.
Crazy stuff. Maybe BYU and Utah will be in the same conference again lol.

It’s dumb if they dont. At least Utah anyway. They are consistently a top 40 team, no?
Certainly. Better than top 40. Unfortunately how good you play on the field isn't the main thing they are looking for. What they want are teams that get the most eyeballs on televisions. It's all about money money money (like everything else these days)

Not entirely surprising, but seems really ****** and shortsighted by these two schools. Have you seen the map of the conference now? They will be flying across the whole damn country for every game. It's not just football, all those basketball games too. Not to mention all the sports people don't talk about.

We seem headed for super conferences. PAC-12 should have become the entire west coast conference. Now they don't have near enough influence to do that. I have no clue what will happen to college football on this side of the country now. I really think it would have been better for everyone if they had stayed put, and the PAC-12 worked on expanding, and even rebranding to 'West Coast Conference' or whatever.

Not sure what happens now, but hope the Utes can stay in the game.

Not entirely surprising, but seems really ****** and shortsighted by these two schools. Have you seen the map of the conference now? They will be flying across the whole damn country for every game. It's not just football, all those basketball games too. Not to mention all the sports people don't talk about.

We seem headed for super conferences. PAC-12 should have become the entire west coast conference. Now they don't have near enough influence to do that. I have no clue what will happen to college football on this side of the country now. I really think it would have been better for everyone if they had stayed put, and the PAC-12 worked on expanding, and even rebranding to 'West Coast Conference' or whatever.

Not sure what happens now, but hope the Utes can stay in the game.
I think the utes should have done enough in the pac12 to get a seat at the table. Between facilities, coaching salary, recruiting, and on field win loss record they should get a seat. But they aren't a blue blood and are not in a huge tv market so you never know for sure.

I think the utes should have done enough in the pac12 to get a seat at the table. Between facilities, coaching salary, recruiting, and on field win loss record they should get a seat. But they aren't a blue blood and are not in a huge tv market so you never know for sure.
I’ll pull for BYU for you Fish.

I’ll pull for BYU for you Fish.
Thanks man. I dont feel great about the chances but at least both teams seem to be peaking at the right time.
Could be kind of funny. I have heard that there could be 2 conferences of either 24 or 32 teams each. A north and a south conference. The north conference will be mostly academic schools with more liberal views and the southern conference would be mostly religious schools with conservative views. Maybe BYU gets in simply due to religion lol. You could call the northern conference the union or the libs or something and the southern conference the confederacy or the conservatives lol. Would make for an interesting if stupid storyline to blend politics into the fabric of the new league that breaks away from the NCAA.

PAC-12 is up the creek. My bet is that Utah ends up in the B12 as they expand with three other PAC-12 teams.

Between these super conferences, transfer portal and NIL, college football is completely controlled by the almighty dollar.

Not a fan of any of this. I think utah gets into the B12. But I’m not at all a fan of what’s happening to college football.

I read somewhere that the Pac12 and ACC are talking about some sort of agreement and that the winners of each would play a game for an ultimate champion of the 2. If this works out the Pac12 won't have to get broken up and split up.

Found it.
BR Article - Pac12 ACC

I read somewhere that the Pac12 and ACC are talking about some sort of agreement and that the winners of each would play a game for an ultimate champion of the 2. If this works out the Pac12 won't have to get broken up and split up.

Found it.
BR Article - Pac12 ACC
Thats interesting and would work out nicely right up until the point when the big10 and/or SEC come and take all the most relevant programs (washington, Oregon, Clemson, FSU etc). If and when that happens then no one will care much.