What's new

UTAH COVID-19 INFO - updates on 1st post

Mask-wearing: Necessary/recommended for walking around outside in a suburban neighborhood?

Yes, I’m curious about this too. Six feet was the suggestion forever but I saw something a few days ago whereas those in China now think 25 feet may be more appropriate because of how mists can travel. I’ve only been within 25 feet of someone once (15 feet) in the last 20 days. Not counting my family of course.

Current Utah statistics (updated 4/4):
** 1428 confirmed cases from a base of 28,043 tests (5% Covid19 infection rate)
** 117 patients hospitalized (8% current hospitalization rate)
** 8 deaths (0.56% current mortality rate; 6.8% current mortality among cases requiring hospitalization)

https://covidtracking.com/data#state-UT

Current Utah statistics (updated 4/4):
** 1428 confirmed cases from a base of 28,043 tests (5% Covid19 infection rate)
** 117 patients hospitalized (8% current hospitalization rate)
** 8 deaths (0.56% current mortality rate; 6.8% current mortality among cases requiring hospitalization)

https://covidtracking.com/data#state-UT
Here's a troubling graph for the death rate stats:

What it shows is that South Korea did really well containing the disease and their healthcare system never got overwhelmed which resulted in few people dying during the peak of the infection(mostly the most vulnerable old and sick people, with multiple comorbidities), but even when the cases starting falling the deaths kept relatively steady for weeks and months after the peak. What this shows is - if not overrrun the healthcare system will be able to keep a lot of people alive for weeks and even months, but some significant portion of them will ultimately die.

If you remember South Korea was touted as an example of low case fatality rate at the peak of the epidemic at about 0.6%. Well more than a month later that rate has tripled and their CFR right now is 1.8% ...

Yes, I’m curious about this too. Six feet was the suggestion forever but I saw something a few days ago whereas those in China now think 25 feet may be more appropriate because of how mists can travel. I’ve only been within 25 feet of someone once (15 feet) in the last 20 days. Not counting my family of course.

Honestly, staying away from each other as much as possible. I’m downtown, no mask yet. But I rarely go out.

If Trump would just shut things down it would force our Governor to do the same. We’re still ****ing around and this will only make things worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a growler filled at 2-Row Brewing today (they are in Midvale). They completely dunk the growler in sanitizer and their POS (point of sale, not piece of $#!@) is one that only the customer has to touch, although they didn't have sanitizing wipes or liquid hand sanitizer, so I had to do all that at my car after I left.

They are filling growlers with 5%abv beer for $4, which is a pretty crazy fantastic deal. They have pre-filled growlers with >5%abv and their full line of bottled beer.

I got a growler filled at 2-Row Brewing today (they are in Midvale). They completely dunk the growler in sanitizer and their POS (point of sale, not piece of $#!@) is one that only the customer has to touch, although they didn't have sanitizing wipes or liquid hand sanitizer, so I had to do all that at my car after I left.

They are filling growlers with 5%abv beer for $4, which is a pretty crazy fantastic deal. They have pre-filled growlers with >5%abv and their full line of bottled beer.

Damn 2-row is my fav.

You know the rule @Gameface. Sanitize sanitize sanitize. Everything you bring in from outside your house. Everything. Sanitize groceries, wash food in cold water.

Last edited:

Damn 2-row is my fav.

You the rule @Gameface. Sanitize sanitize sanitize. Everything you bring in from outside your house. Everything. Sanitize groceries, wash food in cold water.

Not yet. But we should be staying inside as much as possible.
Honestly, staying away from each other as much as possible. I’m downtown, no mask yet. But I rarely go out.

If Trump would just shut things down it would force our Governor to do the same. We’re still ****ing around and this will only make things worse.

I agree the Salt Lake Mayor should have locked down the airport 3-weeks ago or sooner, and Summitt County should have locked down the ski resorts in February. They only made things worse.

I agree the Salt Lake Mayor should have locked down the airport 3-weeks ago or sooner, and Summitt County should have locked down the ski resorts in February. They only made things worse.

We're supposed to follow the lead of the Feds, State, Country, then City. SLC has been way ahead of every city in the state.

4/7/2020 Update

· The President has signed a major disaster declaration for the State of Utah.

· The State of Utah will use the Mountain America Expo Center as an alternate care site, or hospital overflow. The first priority for the site is not for COVID-19 patients, it is an overflow site for certain types of care, should it be needed.

· SLCo Economic Working Group: The following link is a list of economic recovery assistance for businesses https://slco.org/covid-19/economy/. SLCo has also setup a call center for those seeking more information at 385-468-4011.

· Please help us in communicating to businesses that sick employees should stay home. We are finding instances in where symptomatic individuals continue to work when ill.

· SLCo County Parks and Recreation Golf Courses will begin operating under new social distancing guidelines to protect the health of patrons and employees. Courses will begin taking reservations immediately. Please see the attached link for play restrictions https://slco.org/globalassets/2-par...salt-lake-county-golf-modified-operations.pdf

· As you are well aware, group gatherings are especially impactful with the spread of COVID-19. We are very concerned that warming weather will lead to crowds and group gatherings in our parks and on the trails this weekend. A number of hot spots of COVID-19 spread can be traced back to group gatherings. We are asking that you maintain signage of playground equipment closures and continue to monitor your parks. Where possible, have officers assigned to prevent groups from congregating. Additionally, we are discussing ways to address this challenge in the coming weeks as the weather warms up. Los Angeles shut down their beaches, trails and parks and we are working hard to keep ours up and running as we understand the importance of our outdoors to our health.1 Tier I + Zoo Deadline: F

· The State has announced a program for essential employees (Health Care and Emergency Responders) to access childcare. Individuals can go to www.jobs.utah.gov to register for this free childcare program.

· Vulnerable populations are a major concern for SLCo. For more information on the County’s efforts on vulnerable populations, please visit https://slco.org/covid-19/vulnerable-populations/.

· UTA new route and frequency schedule went into effect yesterday. More information can be found at www.rideuta.com.

· Damage Assessments continue to be collected and should be submitted to the State of Utah (State) by April 22nd. We are continuing to be on alert for aftershocks, which are expected to continue.

Suggested Guidance for Local Law Enforcement: (We Ask That You Consider and Pass Along)

While we recognize that each municipality controls its own law enforcement agency, we hope to have a coordinated approach. If you agree please pass along the following (or a version of the following):

In an effort to minimize confusion by the public, Salt Lake County is seeking to have law enforcement enact fairly uniform methods for violations of its recent health order. The order is a stay at home order but allows for a comprehensive list of essential activities and businesses and thus we believe there will continue to be a large number of residents moving throughout the community. However, we know mass gatherings can significantly spread the virus. State law requires penalties for violating a local public health order, class B for the initial offense, class A for repeat offences):

Salt Lake County is recommending:

(1) When law enforcement witnesses or is notified of violations of six-feet social distancing it should determine if it is a family unit. The order allows for family units to be together so there will be cases of the violation of social distancing, which are not violations of the order.

(2) If not a family unit, and a minor violation, law enforcement should educate/give a verbal warning. If there are repeat or egregious violations (large group gatherings in parks, for example) law enforcement should consider citations.

(3) At this time, given the large number of essential activities that allow for movement through the community, we are asking that law enforcement not stop people traveling within the County, require credentials or letters identifying the whether the travel is authorized under the Order, nor set up check points.

Please feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns.

Contact Info:

SLCo: www.slco.org/covid-19/

SLCo Health Order: https://slco.org/covid-19/

State of Utah: www.coronavirus.utah.gov

The State of Utah Health Directive: www.coronavirus.utah.gov

Federal: https://www.coronavirus.gov/

Coronavirus Info Line: 800-456-7707

Healthcare Workers: 888-374-8824

State Media Inquiries: 685-429-0015

Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746

SLCo Economic Development Business Hotline: 385-468-4011

SLCo Intergovernmental Liaison (Ryan Perry): 801-541-0539, rperry@slco.org

Salt Lake County

Epidemiology:

• Cases: 799
  • Deaths: 7

Utah

Epidemiology:

• Confirmed cases: 1,675
  • 33,394 people tested (5% positive)
  • Deaths: 13 (7 SLCo; 2 Utah Co.; 2 Davis; 1 Weber-Morgan; 1 Southwest)

United States

Epidemiology:

So I have a problem with this “real info” in that they’re not testing everybody who probably has it. I just read a story on KSL.com in which a missionary came home from Mexico, feels fine, but his dad decides to take everybody’s temperature, just for ***** and giggles. Turns out, Elder tests positive. A few days later, dad starts feeling it and tests positive. Soon, two of his brothers come down with symptoms. They’re told not to test, but to assume they also have it. These numbers we’re being fed don’t tell the whole truth and that’s kind of scary.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Announcements to local partners from Unified Command: Mayor Jenny Wilson, Gary Edwards, Clint Mecham

Salt Lake County (SLC0) continues to see promising numbers for new cases of COVID-19 cases. We continue to monitor data to determine effectiveness of current measures and next steps. We will need additional days of similar data to give us a better idea on trajectory. Here are the updated items for today:

· Unified Command will be extending the current health order which expires on April 13, and will announce a new timeframe tomorrow at 11:00 a.m. Major changes are unlikely and the time frame for the extension is being considered based on evolving data regarding the peak of the virus and our community's ability to respond. You will be sent an update on the new time frame prior to the public announcement at 11:00 am. The goal is to get that update to you around 10:00 am.

· SLCo has released a new dashboard on data related to COVID-19. The dashboard can be found at https://slco.org/health/COVID-19/data/.

· SLCo has linked to guidelines related to wearing cloth coverings on our website. Additional information can be found at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/diy-cloth-face-coverings.html

· SLCo has been working to find lodging solutions for First Responders and COVID-19 front line workers who may have been exposed to the virus. Additional information will be released as it becomes available.

· State of Utah (State) will begin issuing wireless alerting system for all roads entering Utah. Anyone entering the State will be asked to fill out survey.

· SLCo Economic Impact Working Group will be reaching out to the finance directors about financial, budget and business data to begin tracking and supporting at a local level. The following link is a list of economic recovery assistance for businesses https://slco.org/covid-19/economy/. SLCo has also setup a call center for those seeking more information at 385-468-4011.

· Additional Federal COVID-19 relief packages are being presented to Congress. Individual stimulus checks are expected to start being sent out on April 15th.

· SLCo Council approved an extension of the SLCo declaration of Emergency. The extended declaration (declaration of emergency is different than a Health Order) will go through July 6th.

· Please help us in communicating to businesses that sick employees should stay home. We are finding instances in where symptomatic individuals continue to work when ill.

· Group gatherings are especially impactful with the spread of COVID-19. We are very concerned that warming weather will lead to crowds and group gatherings in our parks and on the trails. A number of hot spots of COVID-19 spread can be traced back to group gatherings. We are asking that you maintain signage of playground equipment closures and continue to monitor your parks. Where possible, have officers assigned to prevent groups from congregating. Zoo Deadline: F

· Vulnerable populations are a major concern for SLCo. For more information on the County’s efforts on vulnerable populations, please visit https://slco.org/covid-19/vulnerable-populations/.

Please feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns.

Contact Info:

SLCo: www.slco.org/covid-19/

SLCo Health Order: https://slco.org/covid-19/

State of Utah: www.coronavirus.utah.gov

The State of Utah Health Directive: www.coronavirus.utah.gov

Federal: https://www.coronavirus.gov/

Coronavirus Info Line: 800-456-7707

Healthcare Workers: 888-374-8824

State Media Inquiries: 685-429-0015

Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746

SLCo Economic Development Business Hotline: 385-468-4011

SLCo Intergovernmental Liaison (Ryan Perry): 801-541-0539, rperry@slco.org

With today’s launch of the Salt Lake County COVID-19 Data Dashboard, this will be the last daily email update for the Salt Lake County COVID-19 internal response group.

In the future, you may access this information (and more) by visiting the dashboard from the SLCo Health Department COVID-19 page. You can access state and country data at the Utah and United States data sites.

These data sites are updated daily (if not more frequently) so the latest information is available to you at any time.

Thank you to the SLCoHD Epidemiology Bureau and Roxie McSwain of the SLCo Office of Data & Innovation for creating the data dashboard.

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Salt Lake County

Epidemiology:

• Cases: 868
  • Total hospitalizations to date: 78
  • Persons tested: 18,413
  • Deaths: 7

Utah

Epidemiology:

• Confirmed cases: 1,846
  • 36,116 people tested (5.1% positive)
  • Deaths: 13 (7 SLCo; 2 Utah Co.; 2 Davis; 1 Weber-Morgan; 1 Southwest)

United States

Epidemiology:

So I have a problem with this “real info” in that they’re not testing everybody who probably has it. I just read a story on KSL.com in which a missionary came home from Mexico, feels fine, but his dad decides to take everybody’s temperature, just for ***** and giggles. Turns out, Elder tests positive. A few days later, dad starts feeling it and tests positive. Soon, two of his brothers come down with symptoms. They’re told not to test, but to assume they also have it. These numbers we’re being fed don’t tell the whole truth and that’s kind of scary.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Simply passing on whats being reported by multiple Federal, State, and County agencies. As to accuracy of the test data, I think that a work in progress worldwide.

Not sure if this is legit (sorry for posting in here if it isn't) and I doubt it is but my friend just texted me this
Screenshot_20200409-123717.jpeg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Dude. Don't spread stuff like that here please. I'm posting directly from local government organizations. Even if this is real (HIGHLY DOUBT IT), not here bruh. Sorry.
Fair enough. That's kinda what I was thinking too and went against my better judgement

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app