What's new

Utah Flash are Done

mellow

Jazz were unwilling to partner with them again, so the Flash are shut down. Does this mean NBA season is over, or are jazz going to keep thier rookies and young players and employ more coaches?

Lots of options.

https://www.ridiculousupside.com/2011/6/18/2230174/the-utah-flash-are-gone-from-the-d-league

Also the Las Vegas Summer League has been canceled. No this does not mean a return of our beloved Rocky Mountain Revue, it means there is no chance the players and owners can find agreement by June 30th.

https://www.examiner.com/nba-in-national/2011-nba-summer-league-canceled

Last edited:
Wow, thats to bad. I have family up there that would go to Flash games all the time. They seemed to be a pretty good deal for the Jazz being that close. I am sad it didn't work out.

This is why the nbd needs an official minor league that is completely run by the parent club. I wonder if this had anything to do with the jazz draft a certain player and attracting fans from the bubble?

This probably means they will affiliate again with the Idaho Stampede. CJ Miles played in Boise some his rookie year.

I have a feeling it had something to do with that young owner, that guy was a ding dong.

Did he arrange the Michael Jordan -vs- Byron Russell rematch?

I could see the Jazz wanting to distance themselves from that guy.

I have a feeling it had something to do with that young owner, that guy was a ding dong.
D-League just doesn't make money. I know there was a real push to have the Flash run a similar system to the Jazz so the young players could develop. That kind of happened 2 years ago, but last year the Jazz didn't use the D-League that much. One of the problems is that more teams are going with the minimum number of players on their rosters (13) in order to save money. One injury and that means no one is available for their D-League affiliate. And with NBA teams sharing D-League franchises (Atlanta also uses the Flash), there are always going to be differences of opinion over playing time for the rookies from each team, particularly if each has a guy at the same position they've assigned to the D-League.

I don't think the Jazz really care; hence the decision to not purchase the team. With two lottery picks and no second-rounder, they won't have any players to allocate this season. And from last year, only Favors, Hayward and Jeremy Evans would be eligible. Evans would be the only guy from that group you MIGHT consider sending down, just so he can get additional PT.