What's new

Utah Jazz are the Rodney Dangerfield of the NBA national media

I tweeted this info earlier today:

Unimpressed by Utah's 10-game streak because most of their opponents are -.500? #TakeNote of this list of losses to sub-500 teams by the NBA's best teams over the past 10 games:

LAC 1 (MEM)
MIL 1 (SAS)
BOS 2 (SAS/WAS)
TOR 2 (SAS/POR)
DEN 3 (NOP/WAS/CLE)
HOU 3 (GSW/NOP/MEM)
MIA 4 (WAS/ORL/BKN/NYK)
*LAL have not lost to a -.500 team this season

Note also that Utah has played four of the teams that have beaten a top NBA team over their past ten games. Four out of ten of Utah's recent opponents recently beat a +.500 team. (ORL/NOP/WAS/BKN)

Of course, this doesn't account for any back to backs, home vs. road, etc. But I still think it's telling. Also, dang the Lakers are doing well.

I tweeted this info earlier today:

Unimpressed by Utah's 10-game streak because most of their opponents are -.500? #TakeNote of this list of losses to sub-500 teams by the NBA's best teams over the past 10 games:

LAC 1 (MEM)
MIL 1 (SAS)
BOS 2 (SAS/WAS)
TOR 2 (SAS/POR)
DEN 3 (NOP/WAS/CLE)
HOU 3 (GSW/NOP/MEM)
MIA 4 (WAS/ORL/BKN/NYK)
*LAL have not lost to a -.500 team this season

Note also that Utah has played four of the teams that have beaten a top NBA team over their past ten games. Four out of ten of Utah's recent opponents recently beat a +.500 team. (ORL/NOP/WAS/BKN)

Of course, this doesn't account for any back to backs, home vs. road, etc. But I still think it's telling. Also, dang the Lakers are doing well.
Add to this:

CHI had been playing blistering defense for the better part of a month before that game

Brooklyn had Kyrie back; and, when he’s healthy, they are way better than their record says they are.

NOLA was hot when we played them.

WAS had Beal, Bertans, and Bryant back for our game against them. And, when all healthy, they’re better than their record.

add to all of this: we beat each team on their home floor.

Last edited:
Keep winning and we will get all the attention we deserve. You can slice it any way you want but we are beating non playoff teams. We will get multiple chances before the end of the month to show if we are legit.

At least we're beating the teams we should be beating. We weren't doing that in past seasons to the needed degree. Getting home court advantage come playoff time will be essential as we've shown we're especially solid at home this season.

ESPN are pro-Lakers so this isn't a surprise at all. They also know that Lakers beat the Jazz twice too, which is why they aren't giving the Jazz enough credit.

Keep winning and we will get all the attention we deserve. You can slice it any way you want but we are beating non playoff teams. We will get multiple chances before the end of the month to show if we are legit.

Actually, a number of the - .500 teams ARE playoff teams. That's why they are going to such great lengths to make sure and say "teams under .500" because the Bulls were seeded when we played them last time, so were the Magic (current 7th seed) and the Nets (current 8th seed), Pistons (currently 10th, I believe they were 8th when we played them), and if you count the last 15-1 games we beat the Grizzlies (currently 8th in the West, but still with a losing record at 19-22). Add in the Clippers, and Grizzlies, and about 1/3 of our wins have been against PLAYOFF teams (just not to seeded ones). Although, to be perfectly fair 19-22 in the West is tough to do - if the Grizzlies were an Eastern team they would probably be around the 4-6 seed.

We won't be relevant in their eyes until we prove that we could advance past second round in the playoffs

Bottom line - when the Jazz win in the playoffs they have to talk about them. What choice do they have? Not talk about the WCF? LOL