Utah Jazz guard Dante Exum has suffered a partially torn patellar tendon in his right knee and is si

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by zyzz, Mar 15, 2019 at 6:48 PM.

1. NPC D4617

NPC D4617 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    Derp.

Funny that you thought it was so hard to see this **** coming. Who the **** needed a crystal ball?

You just mad cause you were wrong. Now it time for deflection, insults, misdirection, etc..

Anyone with at least a quarter of a brain was against signing Exum. Dude sucks balls, and yes is injury prone. Thats what being injured all the time means guy.

Go derp yourself clown

2. The Thriller

The Thriller Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Saw the duke/NC game. Saw plenty of players there that I’d prefer over Exum. Lots of potential. I really wish we could draft a young dynamic guard to team up with Mitchell. It just seems like we consistently get zero from our PG spot.

3. Xthren

Xthren Well-Known Member

May 25, 2010
    For those that say he is the most fragile player forget curtis borchardt (forget spelling)

Sent from my SM-N960U using JazzFanz mobile app

Odgerton13 likes this.
  4. Xthren

Xthren Well-Known Member

May 25, 2010
    I was hoping in the off season the jazz would trade him for Dario saric.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JazzFanz mobile app

5. Eenie-Meenie

Eenie-Meenie Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2012
    You're such a compassionate human being.

6. Handlogten's Heros

Handlogten's Heros Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2014
    In life there is disappointment, but he will make at least 40M for his disappointing career. It ain’t like someone ded... oh wait

Kyoto likes this.
  7. Douchebag K

Douchebag K Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2014
    Its all about money ?? K.

8. Handlogten's Heros

Handlogten's Heros Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2014
    I know but there is disappointment in everyone’s life... most of the time that disappointment is accompanied by enormous amounts of financial security. I feel bad for him but people acting like we can’t think about what this means for our team are being dumb.

Today someone lost their job, or there dog was hit by a car, or they stubbed there toe real hard, or they didn’t get the promotion they wanted... it ain’t the end of the world

Ostertag>Duncan likes this.
  9. Rubashov

Rubashov Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2016
    That's the thing he can't get on the floor, so he has no trade value. Can't see him ever realising the potential of a top ten pick. I reckon at some point he had it but that boat is sailing

10. Jack Strop

Jack Strop Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2017
    no, we don't. 15 roster spots is at least 5 extra. Jazz just like to carry too many stiffs. Players like Niang, Thabo, Udoh...all those guys can be jettisoned. Exum will remain on the roster until his contract becomes an asset in the year it expires.
    Jazz need to carry:

2 PG's (does not include Donovan) - Mitchell and Ingles are also playmakers so only need 2. Throw in an injured Exum and that's 3. IMO, the Jazz roster has zero we should keep. Bricky isn't a competent starter and Neto isn't a #2.
    4-5 Wings. Donovan, O'Neal and Ingles. Korver is a decent role player. Need a starter or 6th man. Could be a combo guard.
    3-4 Bigs. Gobert obviously. Favors is useful because he's a great backup 5. If the team doesn't have a guy who can play 4/5, then Jazz have to carry 2 centers and two PF's. preferably shooters. I'm "meh" on Crowder. He just isn't consistent enough. He's good value at his current contract, but if he wants to get paid, then let him walk.

Remaining roster spots are superfluous. Carry young guys for 1-2 years who might develop. Cut them if they don't. Carry a couple of veterans at the minimum who have something left to give (like JJ).

What really hurts Utah is Lindsey has been really poor at drafting. You just can't keep filling roster spots with free agents. That starts bumping you up against the tax, especially if you have 3 max or near max players. You need young players on rookie contracts to fill backup spots. Jazz don't have that in Niang, Bradley and Allen. Dennis HAS to do a better job with his 1st round picks. And every once in a while get a decent player with a 2nd or undrafted like Utah did with Millsap and Matthews.

campaignist and The Thriller like this.
  11. Shad

Shad Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Matthews was undrafted sir. Just like Royce and Ingles

12. Jack Strop

Jack Strop Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2017
    Yes, I said "2nd or undrafted" because I was specifically thinking of Matthews.

O'Neal was a free agent playing in Europe. Granted he was cheaper than signing some FA's. Ingles was a good find...by the Clippers. But I'll give Lindsey credit for watching the preseason games and snagging him when the Clippers tried to sneak him through cuts (they admittedly wanted to add him later). But my critique still stands. Dennis has used FIVE 1st round picks on PG's. And come away with NOTHING as Bricky clearly needs to be shown the door. Lindsey has generally brought in around 80 players for pre-draft workouts. Not seeing any hidden talent he's identified. Instead, he's sold some picks to fatten the coffers.

So many teams have good young players stepping up to fill in for injured players or as part of their regular rotation. Playoff teams sign veterans down the stretch or have some middling talent to trade for one. Lindsey seems to think there's a ton of talent in Niang, Bradley, Udoh, Thabo. etc.

13. Tragic66

Tragic66 Active Member

Sep 9, 2017
    I’m a better person, you’re a ******!

14. Tragic66

Tragic66 Active Member

Sep 9, 2017
    Yes but word is he was.

15. footawn

footawn Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2010
    Mom! People are mad on the internet again!

DasJazz and Ostertag>Duncan like this.
  16. Kyoto

Kyoto Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Cool

17. somebody

somebody Active Member

Jun 24, 2010
    My brother used to call him Curtis Kneeshard.

Kyoto and Ostertag>Duncan like this.
  18. Sugarless

Sugarless Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2017
    He's a 23-yo multimillionaire who won't be able to play for a couple of months. It sucks for any athlete -whether pro or amateur- to be away from the sport, but it's not like he's got any serious condition threatening his life or like he hasn't faced more severe injuries before. And it's not like his professional future (which goes well beyond his basketball career, however short or long it may be) is in jeopardy either.

There's way too much drama in this thread. Wish the guy a speedy recovery and better luck with injuries in the future, and stop moaning and pointing fingers at whoever doesn't claim to be gutted and heartbroken by this. There are real problems in life (I'm sure Exum will face them too, just not because of a freaking tear on his patellar tendon). It's ridiculous.

NUMBERICA, colton, jope and 2 others like this.
  19. Wes Mantooth

Wes Mantooth Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2015
    His career (can we even call it that?) is young. Give it time and he’ll make Borchardt look like Jack LaLanne.

20. firegirl

firegirl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2017
    Isn't there some kind of injury buyout or something? Basically, if a player is injured most of the season you get money back? Am I smoking?

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz