What's new

Utah Jazz Media Day!

You shouldn't be paying a guy who scores 12 pts 10 rebounds $10 million. I expected Favors to score more than 12 pts if he gets enough shots.

You shouldn't be paying a guy who scores 12 pts 10 rebounds $10 million. I expected Favors to score more than 12 pts if he gets enough shots.
If it's Favors you should pay. Stats aren't everything. Though I also believe he could and may score around 15 pts.

This is what I was hoping someone would bring up. I agree with your statement, BUT, if Favors is a top 10 defender, I pay it. If he is just ok...I don't pay it.

I was wondering, if you hit Feb, Favors is shooting 46%, 15 pts, 9 rebs, 2 blocks, do you trade him? He WILL get the max with those numbers, but is he worth it? I'm not so sure. If Cleveland was outside of the playoffs and wanting to get in, Favors is the perfect compliment to Irving. If you can get two firsts and another player, I'd strongly consider it.

If Favors is averaging 15, 10, 3 blocks on 53% fg then I don't trade him. He is a beast and worth a lot of money. If he averaging 10, 8, and 2, I don't trade him, because he will be cheaper and worth the money.

Would people be ok if he is just ok defensively, and puts up Al offensive numbers and the Jazz trade him?

This is what I was hoping someone would bring up. I agree with your statement, BUT, if Favors is a top 10 defender, I pay it. If he is just ok...I don't pay it.

I was wondering, if you hit Feb, Favors is shooting 46%, 15 pts, 9 rebs, 2 blocks, do you trade him? He WILL get the max with those numbers, but is he worth it? I'm not so sure. If Cleveland was outside of the playoffs and wanting to get in, Favors is the perfect compliment to Irving. If you can get two firsts and another player, I'd strongly consider it.

If Favors is averaging 15, 10, 3 blocks on 53% fg then I don't trade him. He is a beast and worth a lot of money. If he averaging 10, 8, and 2, I don't trade him, because he will be cheaper and worth the money.

Would people be ok if he is just ok defensively, and puts up Al offensive numbers and the Jazz trade him?

The Jazz seem determined to develop their players by involving Malone and Stockton, but specifically Malone in the case of Favors.

If the dude does 46%, 15pts 9rebs 2 blocks and you trade him you are not smart. If he works his butt off to get that good, he's going to continue to improve. I don't think he's going to be lazy and suck after he gets another contract or extension. The Jazz like what they see in him as a person, as a player, and like his work ethic. They don't plan on getting rid of him, they plan on teaching him and motivating him to be good, or great. Even if we don't think we are getting all we want out of him, we won't get equal value out of him in a trade unless we are trading for a younger and unproven player, which I don't think we want to do at this point.

The Jazz seem determined to develop their players by involving Malone and Stockton, but specifically Malone in the case of Favors.

If the dude does 46%, 15pts 9rebs 2 blocks and you trade him you are not smart. If he works his butt off to get that good, he's going to continue to improve. I don't think he's going to be lazy and suck after he gets another contract or extension. The Jazz like what they see in him as a person, as a player, and like his work ethic. They don't plan on getting rid of him, they plan on teaching him and motivating him to be good, or great. Even if we don't think we are getting all we want out of him, we won't get equal value out of him in a trade unless we are trading for a younger and unproven player, which I don't think we want to do at this point.

The 46% is what scares me. You will have to give him max money if he has numbers like that. 46%...that is big Al type efficiency. If he only gets you 46% this year, his ceiling is probably a lot closer to 48% overall, and I'm not sure that is good enough for a max deal. I'd hate to finally be rid of Al and AK and put ourselves right back in that spot.

He isn't a small. His fg should be at least 50% to be a max player IMO. To have him only hit 46%, four years in, then toss max money at him...you are taking a huge risk. Most of those players don't get much better. Most of those deals end up being toxic.

I think if he is only shooting 46%, but putting up Chandler numbers everywhere else come Feb, I sell high. Especially if you can get a couple of picks and talent back. If you could get two firsts and Thompson from Cleveland or one pick and Bennett (might be a reach, but Cleveland gives up potential for a known quantity with a higher ceiling)...it would be tough to say no. I'd rather have Thompson at 12 and 10 for 9 million a year than Favors at 15 and 10 and max money.

The 46% is what scares me. You will have to give him max money if he has numbers like that. 46%...that is big Al type efficiency. If he only gets you 46% this year, his ceiling is probably a lot closer to 48% overall, and I'm not sure that is good enough for a max deal. I'd hate to finally be rid of Al and AK and put ourselves right back in that spot.

He isn't a small. His fg should be at least 50% to be a max player IMO. To have him only hit 46%, four years in, then toss max money at him...you are taking a huge risk. Most of those players don't get much better. Most of those deals end up being toxic.

I think if he is only shooting 46%, but putting up Chandler numbers everywhere else come Feb, I sell high. Especially if you can get a couple of picks and talent back. If you could get two firsts and Thompson from Cleveland or one pick and Bennett (might be a reach, but Cleveland gives up potential for a known quantity with a higher ceiling)...it would be tough to say no. I'd rather have Thompson at 12 and 10 for 9 million a year than Favors at 15 and 10 and max money.

I agree with the 46%, would be a concern but I have a feeling he will get it back to his avg of 50% this year. He needs to improve his post passing when doubled and stop hesitating when getting a pnr pass. None of those 5 footers, he needs to get around or over his guy quickly and get to the rim. I would love to see him perfect the bank from there ala Duncan from 6-10, but that might be too much to ask so soon. I just get the feeling he got better at something, but he doesn't want to spill the beans.

His career avg is 50%, last year he dipped to 48%. I don't see him dipping more, but it is a legit concern with more starter type players keying on him every game.

That's a good point on the passing side. Being smarter on the shots he takes, and being able to set up cutters would completely change his game.

I have to put Jeremy in there.

So it is six for me. But I'm reluctant to even say Burke is in there. I haven't seen enough.

So, for my six it's...

The Sick Six