What's new

Utah Jazz take Butler's Gordon Hayward

baka98

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/700043019/Utah-Jazz-take-Butlers-Gordon-Hayward.html

OK, backing away from the ledge and talking myself out of jumping...

I just about crapped my pants when this pick went down. I've taken a couple of hours to try and digest the move. At the point, nobody wanted to trade with us who was above us and I was not sold on Davis. After further reflection, this is either a very shrewd move by KOC or a very stupid one.

After reading this article, this jumped out at me:
In his five minutes spent discussing Hayward, Sloan — not usually a name-dropper — managed references to Walt Frazier (because of his ability to play with the vision of a point guard, which the 6-foot-8 Hayward played when he was a 5-4 eighth-grader), Willis Reed (who also came from a small school, Grambling) and Hayward's fellow Hoosier Larry Bird (for his persistence and ability to think "above the rest of the play").

If Hayward can be anything near Frazier I would be estatic. I have come to the conclusion that I am going to wait to pass judgement on this pick. I know I made some strong remarks, but I remember 4 years ago when the Jazz took Deron over Paul and everyone was bad mouthing them, saying they took the wrong PG. Looking back, Paul's been out w/significant injuries while Deron's become the best PG in the league. Perhaps the FO knows something we don't.

Let's see how Hayward does...

BREAKING NEWS!

Utah takes Gordon Hayward!

Thanks for letting us know... the last 2 pages of threads were really confusing

Baka, you have failed your life's test. I was hoping you'd develop into an intelligent human being, but this is the last straw. Have fun in eternal darkness.

Kitten_mittens.gif

I was posting a new article . I know what everyone's been posting about if you'd read I've been participating.

And by the way, JC, could you be more offending in your posts and utilizing that name? I'm sure I'm not the only one who is offended in the way you use your username. I would appreciate it if you change it. Your arrongance is galling.

I was posting a new article . I know what everyone's been posting about if you'd read I've been participating.

And by the way, JC, could you be more offending in your posts and utilizing that name? I'm sure I'm not the only one who is offended in the way you use your username. I would appreciate it if you change it. Your arrongance is galling.

yeah im with baka98.

I like JC and personally feel it's He himself so I'm not sure how your diss of the sacrificial dude is any less repulsive.

The correct word is "offensive," my son. And if you are offended by the words of Jesus Christ, then I would suggest you pray a little stronger. Find me within your heart.

The correct word is "offensive," my son. And if you are offended by the words of Jesus Christ, then I would suggest you pray a little stronger. Find me within your heart.

You're no longer even trying.