What's new

Utah mentioned as a possible destination for Pierce

So.. I made a trade thread before this thread came out about Pierce and I got no response. Some blogger says something and then it becomes interesting to you.

**** you guys.

I'll admit, I didn't read the trade-for-Pierce thread. I'll do that and probably rip on that one too.

I'd do this. I'd actually consider trading both our picks this year if it means getting Rondo and getting rid of Fat Al.

Rondo-Tinsley
Hayward-Foye (yeah, I know he'd start)
Pierce-Marvin
Millsap
Favors-Kanter

That's a real solid nine man rotation with Burks and Carroll sprinkled in there. Good enough for us to get to the 2nd round and compete imo. If we meshed quickly enough. Heck, we could beat the Clips in a seven game series imo.

Favors, Sap, Pierce, Haywad, Rondo...

Consider?

Favors, Sap, Pierce, Haywad, Rondo...

How about Burks and the Jazz 2015 first unguaranteed as well.

All star potential, Just outside All Star, Was All Star still is almost All Star, will be All Star, All Star. <<<<We scare the hell out of you more than a Memphis dream.

Consider???

^ The Lakers team and the Celtics team are much different dynamics. I think this blog has some traction, just my opinion.
url didn't work. Al and Mo for Paul and Rondo.

And we give them the better of GS or our pick.

There's no way that trade goes through unless we give up Favors or Kanter. And if Pierce comes, I still want Hayward talking our last shot.

I'd trade Al straight up for Pierce as it would prevent, in large part, much of this same insanity being perpetuated into the next four years. If we could also pick up Rondo I'd throw in Burks, possibly the GS pick and any of the other garbage from our team they want. Oh, and Ante Tomic.

Thinking semi-realistically here:

Pierce, Rondo

for:

Al, Mo, Burks, GS 1st, UT 1st

Anyone?

Yes, obviously. Then, when Corbin feels he needs to 'play the vets FTW!' it won't be hindering anyone's development behind Pierce, unless Corbin mindlessly gives heavy minutes to Marvin, Randy and DeMarre and leaves Hayward out, which is possible.

Here was my idea in another thread:

Thanks for the input. How about this:

https://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b93v37j

The changes are this:

Utah gives up Al and Paul.
Boston gives up Rondo and Pierce
Brooklyn gives up Humphries
Clippers give up Bledsoe and dead weight (Hill, Odom, Green)

Utah:
Rondo - Mo - Tinsley - Watson
Foye - Hayward - Burks - Murphy
Williams - Carroll
Favors - Humphries - Evans
Kanter

Clips look like this:
Paul - Billups
Crawford - Barnes
Pierce - Butler
Griffin - Thompkins
Jordan - Turiaf - Hollins

Boston:
Bledsoe - Terry - Bradley
Lee - Barbosa
Odom - Green - Hill
Garnett - Bass - Sullinger - Wilcox
Big Al - Melo - Collins

The Nets basically swap Humphries for Millsap.

The Clippers gain a superstar and keep Crawford.

Boston gets their superstar with Al (I know, I know, but you can sell him as a guy to go next to Garnett), young potential pg, and cap room next summer.

New Jersey gets Millsap for nothing.

The Jazz get Rondo, and keep the big 4. I think the Jazz take the biggest risk out of the group. They give up two known commodities for potential in Favors and Kanter and Rondo might demand out if it doesn't pan out quickly.

Here was my idea in another thread:

Thanks for the input. How about this:

https://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b93v37j

The changes are this:

Utah gives up Al and Paul.
Boston gives up Rondo and Pierce
Brooklyn gives up Humphries
Clippers give up Bledsoe and dead weight (Hill, Odom, Green)

Utah:
Rondo - Mo - Tinsley - Watson
Foye - Hayward - Burks - Murphy
Williams - Carroll
Favors - Humphries - Evans
Kanter

Clips look like this:
Paul - Billups
Crawford - Barnes
Pierce - Butler
Griffin - Thompkins
Jordan - Turiaf - Hollins

Boston:
Bledsoe - Terry - Bradley
Lee - Barbosa
Odom - Green - Hill
Garnett - Bass - Sullinger - Wilcox
Big Al - Melo - Collins

The Nets basically swap Humphries for Millsap.

The Clippers gain a superstar and keep Crawford.

Boston gets their superstar with Al (I know, I know, but you can sell him as a guy to go next to Garnett), young potential pg, and cap room next summer.

New Jersey gets Millsap for nothing.

The Jazz get Rondo, and keep the big 4. I think the Jazz take the biggest risk out of the group. They give up two known commodities for potential in Favors and Kanter and Rondo might demand out if it doesn't pan out quickly.

Don't know if the Clippers would realistically want to gut 3/4 of their bench just to land Pierce. Their strong bench is one of the reasons they're doing well.

They may have learnt the lesson from their room mate, the Lakers.

Try 2, I'm trying to find something that splits us down the middle on who would take it because that probably signifies it's close.

Pierce, Rondo

Al, Favors, Burks, 2 1sts.

If you swap Burks with Hayward I'm 99% sure Boston would be all over that. As a Jazz fan, I don't think I could pull the trigger on it though.

Try 2, I'm trying to find something that splits us down the middle on who would take it because that probably signifies it's close.

Pierce, Rondo

Not giving up Favors for anything realistic. Maybe we throw in another future pick with Al, Mo, Burks, GS 1st and Utah 1st

I like rondo alot, but i think favors, al, burks and 2 first rounders is too much...... and i dont want pierce at all.

Pierce, Rondo

This is almost the exact trade we made with D-Will.
Except Favors is proven now. I wouldn't do this.