What's new

Vacations, Dogs, Graduations, Etc...

Oh and since dogs are in the title of the thread, i would just like to say that i have the best dog in the world. Shout out to my boy Rex

A couple of places i like to go: diamond fork campground and payson lakes.

Never stayed at Diamond Fork but the campground actually looks pretty bad *** on a drive through. It's very tight with tons of vegetation to give that secluded fill. Busy as hell though.

Payson Lakes has a very unique vegetation too. Unlike the usual Utah Pine-Aspen-sage mix. Check the stocking reports and you can get your fill of rulers.

Anyone done Fantasy Canyon? Can't believe this isn't as popular as Goblin Valley. Plus the fishing up that way is bad ***. Not many places left in Utah to hook into good sized pan fish.

fantasy-canyon-045_.jpg

ut_Fantasy_Canyon_crblm.jpg

What kind of dog is Rex? And does he have tiny front legs?

He is a healer, austrailian shepherd mix that rescued. Great dog

Never stayed at Diamond Fork but the campground actually looks pretty bad *** on a drive through. It's very tight with tons of vegetation to give that secluded fill. Busy as hell though.

Payson Lakes has a very unique vegetation too. Unlike the usual Utah Pine-Aspen-sage mix. Check the stocking reports and you can get your fill of rulers.

Diamond fork is a great place to camp, but you are correct about it being crowded. The fishing in the river has gotten much better in the last 5 years and now there are quite a few cutthroats to go along with the browns.

Payson is way too crowded and i usually only camp there in the middle of the week, i always catch alot of fish there, but they are all planters and small so its not the one of my favorite places for the fishing, but i think it is one of the prettiest places around

I have never had as good of experiences with pure-breds as mixed. Best dog, ever, was a mixed Siberian/Shephard.

That sounds like a very cool mix!

I've been pining for a jungle adventure for a few years now just watching documentaries and such, and then I read a Francisco Orellana biography a few months ago that put me over the edge. So I convinced a few guys to come with me and we'll be hiring some locals in South America to trapise through some jungle terrority in July for a couple weeks. It's actually looking like a pretty dang cheap trip so far. The planning stages have already been so shady that I know it's going to be awesome too. I might end up being a hostage of some drug cartel or something by not going with a travel agency tour guide or something, but hey, that's the type of risk you can take when you don't have any dependents.

Just stay out of Venezuela and Columbia. Personally I'd choose brazil, upper Rio Negro area.

I bet you got a helluva deal on a cruise leaving out of Orlando.

They put you on Le Bus and drive you down to Lake Okeechobee where you cruise around on one of these bad boys for a week:

AirBoat.jpg

All the Natty and hush puppies you want!

Oh and since dogs are in the title of the thread, i would just like to say that i have the best dog in the world. Shout out to my boy Rex

I have had dogs my whole life:

Drake
Max
Bubba
Gizmo
Coffee
Shelby
Smokey
Beanie
Snap
Izzi...

Places I want to go most are Japan, Australia, Brazil, South Africa and Spain.

Put me down for Brazil, Irian Jaya, Kenya, Australia & scuba diving in the Red Sea.

The thing with Brazil is that you can literally visit some of the most beautiful places you'll ever see.

Beaches? Can't go wrong with Fortaleza.
Jungle? Hit up Manaus.
The "LA" of the country? Rio.
Go inland and you'll see some awesome ranching and mining communities.
Visit Sao Paulo, and you'll be amazed at history and just sheer size
Go further inland and you'll see crocs, fish, and other exotic wildlife. Everyone should visit Iguazu falls.
Go south and you'll see some sweet history, eat some of the best BBQ, and German villages.

Much like the USA, you'll encounter some of the most diverse and unique sights seen on this planet.

Iguazu Falls:

Iguazu_2011.jpg

Pantanal:

pantanal50.jpg

Mining community inland:

images

Cathedral in Sao Paulo built centuries before the USA was even founded:

images

I'd love to visit central America and visit Brazil. I have zero interest in Asia.

The thing with Brazil is that you can literally visit some of the most beautiful places you'll ever see.

Beaches? Can't go wrong with Fortaleza.
Jungle? Hit up Manaus.
The "LA" of the country? Rio.
Go inland and you'll see some awesome ranching and mining communities.
Visit Sao Paulo, and you'll be amazed at history and just sheer size
Go further inland and you'll see crocs, fish, and other exotic wildlife. Everyone should visit Iguazu falls.
Go south and you'll see some sweet history, eat some of the best BBQ, and German villages.

Much like the USA, you'll encounter some of the most diverse and unique sights seen on this planet.

Do they have Nikes and capris in Rio?? I want to be able to woo the locals if I ever venture down in Brasil.

-George