What's new

Video Game Thread

What is a discord? How does one join it? Do they allow players of different skill levels to play together?
Discord is an app that you can form groups on. It has a text chat feature and is also used so that you can voice chat with your friends without depending on the specific games voice chat feature.

We can use it to coordinate when were going to play and stuff like that.

Anyone do any metaverse ****? I gotta get into those stocks. In a shaky market those have been crushing it.

Discord is an app that you can form groups on. It has a text chat feature and is also used so that you can voice chat with your friends without depending on the specific games voice chat feature.

We can use it to coordinate when were going to play and stuff like that.
Oh that is way cool. Then we could communicate about strategic things and whatnot? Like who is acting as goalie and things like that? That would be really beneficial i think.

Thought I'd give everyone my impression of Elden Ring now that I've passed it.

Honestly, it's overrated. It's a good game, one I would say is great in the first 10-15 hours but that sheen wears off quickly once you have to devote yourself to farming more and more. And the late game is just a total slog of throwing boss fight after boss fight at you (to the point of repeating bosses you've already beaten which is just lazy). Overall, being an open world instead of mostly linear just felt like padding vs. trying to make a better product.

The intention is to give you replayability by choosing some different classes and weapons and going at it another way again, but I'm just drained and have no desire to go through it all again. It's going to eBay where I can feel good about getting some money back yet still saying I completed it.

Honestly, it's overrated. It's a good game, one I would say is great in the first 10-15 hours but that sheen wears off quickly once you have to devote yourself to farming more and more. And the late game is just a total slog of throwing boss fight after boss fight at you (to the point of repeating bosses you've already beaten which is just lazy). Overall, being an open world instead of mostly linear just felt like padding vs. trying to make a better product.

The intention is to give you replayability by choosing some different classes and weapons and going at it another way again, but I'm just drained and have no desire to go through it all again. It's going to eBay where I can feel good about getting some money back yet still saying I completed it.
Thanks for the follow up!

Boo. Git gud

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Totally kidding. Good write up Avery even though my opinion is very different.

I just passed 100 hours and I'm still in my first playthrough and I'm still finding stuff to kill that blows my mind. Up until the very endgame I'm still discovering new weapons and with crazy arts and incantations that look amazing and can blow through a boss's HP meter. I don't think I've ever been more satisfied with a game. This is personal GOAT material. This is just my first go around and I still have about 7-10 big bosses to go from what I can tell.

I probably won't stop here either, I ran a Strength/Faith build and I can take this one to NG+ and also there are at least three other builds I want to try out (I mean I'm a grown man who doesn't have this kind of time but I can dream)

Anyways if you can catch on to the game play loop that a souls game offers I highly recommend it. I'd recommend giving it a try at least if you haven't tried one of them before.

Totally kidding. Good write up Avery even though my opinion is very different.

I just passed 100 hours and I'm still in my first playthrough and I'm still finding stuff to kill that blows my mind. Up until the very endgame I'm still discovering new weapons and with crazy arts and incantations that look amazing and can blow through a boss's HP meter. I don't think I've ever been more satisfied with a game. This is personal GOAT material. This is just my first go around and I still have about 7-10 big bosses to go from what I can tell.

I probably won't stop here either, I ran a Strength/Faith build and I can take this one to NG+ and also there are at least three other builds I want to try out (I mean I'm a grown man who doesn't have this kind of time but I can dream)

Anyways if you can catch on to the game play loop that a souls game offers I highly recommend it. I'd recommend giving it a try at least if you haven't tried one of them before.

Part of my issue is also limited gaming time. Some nights, I could only play for 30-45 minutes and spent that time learning boss pattens and getting wrecked but closer.

Still think the first 2/3 of the game was much better than the end (especially the late game boss gauntlets).

I did and he ghosted me...

Sorry. I still think about this. Hopefully i get around to it. I have been working a lot lately. In the midst of a 60 hour work week currently and im going to the gym every day. Time is limited

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Part of my issue is also limited gaming time. Some nights, I could only play for 30-45 minutes and spent that time learning boss pattens and getting wrecked but closer.

Still think the first 2/3 of the game was much better than the end (especially the late game boss gauntlets).
This is my problem right now. I haven't been in any game except BOTW a few minutes here and there because I have a 1.5 hour commute one way and am currently working 10-12 hour days, so between 13 and 15 hours away from home, get home exhausted, eat, spend some time with the wife and the dog, maybe watch some tv, then if I can't get to sleep I might play a little BOTW or something easy to get in and out of quickly, then bed, then repeat, Monday through Saturday and some Sundays recently. After a few more weeks I will have more time.

This is my problem right now. I haven't been in any game except BOTW a few minutes here and there because I have a 1.5 hour commute one way and am currently working 10-12 hour days, so between 13 and 15 hours away from home, get home exhausted, eat, spend some time with the wife and the dog, maybe watch some tv, then if I can't get to sleep I might play a little BOTW or something easy to get in and out of quickly, then bed, then repeat, Monday through Saturday and some Sundays recently. After a few more weeks I will have more time.
BOTW is such a great game. Looking forward to BOTW 2 coming out hopefully later this year.

BOTW is such a great game. Looking forward to BOTW 2 coming out hopefully later this year.
Me 2. I have an unholy number of hours in BOTW, and I expect to have much much more in BOTW 2. Absolutely the best open-world game ever. The amount of freedom is crazy and the tiny details you still discover even this deep into the game is off the charts. No wonder it has taken them so long to get the sequel out, tough to stay even with, let alone top, a game like BOTW.

Man. We all some wage slaves aren't we

I've been playing X-COM Apocalypses from 1997 for the last couple days. Damn that game was something else. I wish they would just recreate that with updated graphics and less clunky inventory management but without taking away the flexibility and awesomeness of how that works. I like the new XCOM series but it pales in comparison to X-COM Apocalypse.