What's new

Walker Kessler Hype & Appreciation Thread

Walter is down this year. All date are worst then first year except block. He is a great defender but need to regain confidence in shooting. He is young, second year is always tough so i'm confident he can do it. But on my opinion he will always remain a lower version of Rudy. Not because he is less talented because he is much more but because of amount or work he put in.
He is too soft where Rudy work like hell to become what he is because he perfectly know he got less talent than many others. Time will tell.
Rudy had a nastiness to him that Walker does not have.

Like the last two games Walker had had really nice highlight plays he should be talking some ****. Peacock a little bit. Remember when Rudy would flex on people or salute?

I know you have to be yourself, but Walker displays his emotions when bad stuff happens by sulking and shaking his head, he can do it when he does good stuff as well

Kesslers last 5 games:
18.4 minutes (needs to increase)
75% from the field
80% from the line (8-10)
6.6 rebounds
3 blocks
9.6 points

Per 36 last 5 games:
Over 18 points, over 12 rebounds and 6 blocks per game.

Kessler is at 4.2 blocks per 36 for the season. He would almost certainly lead the league in blocks per game if he were getting enough minutes. Even at his only 23 minutes per game he is damn close to leading the nba in blocks (kessler averages 2.7 per game and the league leader is at 3.1)

His free throw percentage this season is now better than last season. Blocks too.

Last night in Kesslers first start in a long time he was over his season average in field goal percentage field goal attempts, free throw percentage, free thow attempts, assists, steals, and blocks. He was also under his season averages in turnovers and fouls.

4-6 from the field, 2-2 from the line, 10 points, 9 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals, 4 blocks, zero turnovers, 1 foul in 27 minutes. 3rd on the team in plus/minus (behind George and Dunn)

Not bad.

Last night in Kesslers first start in a long time he was over his season average in field goal percentage field goal attempts, free throw percentage, free thow attempts, assists, steals, and blocks. He was also under his season averages in turnovers and fouls.

4-6 from the field, 2-2 from the line, 10 points, 9 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals, 4 blocks, zero turnovers, 1 foul in 27 minutes. 3rd on the team in plus/minus (behind George and Dunn)

Not bad.
Also, last 8 games he's 10/12 from the line. Obviously you'd want more FTs than that, but I feel like they have looked significantly better this period. Short period, of course, but promising never the less.

Also, last 8 games he's 10/12 from the line. Obviously you'd want more FTs than that, but I feel like they have looked significantly better this period. Short period, of course, but promising never the less.
Very promising. By far the thing he needed to improve the most.
Really encouraging

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Last night Kessler passed brook lopez in blocks per game. He is now 2nd in the nba.

Just pulled up some Jazz advanced stats and Im not exactly sure how these are calculated but it has kessler second on the team in offensive rating behind Lauri (KO was actually second and Kessler third but KO is gone) and first on the team in defensive rating.

Kessler also first on the team in true shooting% and EFG% (markannen is second in both categories), and second in rebound % (yurtseven is first). He is obviously #1 in block %. Not bad

Oh and in case anyone didn't know, Kessler also has really low usage.

Last edited:
Just pulled up some Jazz advanced stats and Im not exactly sure how these are calculated but it has kessler second on the team in offensive rating behind Lauri (KO was actually second and Kessler third but KO is gone)

You can't use ORTG without looking at USG% as well. Usage has a huge effect on offensive efficiency.

With Ochai gone, Walker now has the lowest usage % on the team (13.1). He's a non-dribbling, non-shooting traditional big who only scores on open dunks and layups at the rim. It would be an absolute disaster if his ORTG wasn't near the top.

Even Kelly had a very low usage % (15.5) but that's mostly because he was a facilitator and ball mover, two things that the USG stat doesn't consider at all.

Lauri plays with 24.8% usage, which definitely isn't sky high, but when you take into account his difficult shot profile and tendency to play far from the basket, his high ORTG tells you he's an elite offensive player in this league and miles ahead of Kessler.

Last edited:
You can't use ORTG without looking at USG% as well. Usage has a huge effect on offensive efficiency.

With Ochai gone, Walker now has the lowest usage % on the team (13.1). He's a non-dribbling, non-shooting traditional big who only scores on open dunks and layups at the rim. It would be an absolute disaster if his ORTG wasn't near the top.

Even Kelly had a very low usage % (15.5) but that's mostly because he was a facilitator and ball mover, two things that the USG stat doesn't reward at all.

Lauri plays with 24.8% usage, which definitely isn't sky high, but when you take into account his difficult shot profile and tendency to play far from the basket, his high ORTG tells you he's an elite offensive player in this league and miles ahead of Kessler.
I actually can.

But it's fine, just for you I will edit my post.

Last edited:
Don't worry TU, I've got you covered

That's only because kessler has been coming off the bench most of the season and playing against backups and that stat/chart doesn't take into account how horrible Kessler is at defending the perimeter and at close outs.

JK, great find megadoo

Who said he's not a great rim protector? Literally nobody.

Let's cool it with these strawmen

Who said he's not a great rim protector? Literally nobody.

Let's cool it with these strawmen
Who said anyone said he is not a great rim protector?
I just saw someone post something positive about a jazz player and knew it needed a response with a good amount negativity. I got it done so you didn't need to.

The actual content of the negativity is irrelevant. It's the negativity that matters.

Damn how many teams have found 2 generational defensive talents basically back to back. Crazy ****.

Rudy had a nastiness to him that Walker does not have.

Like the last two games Walker had had really nice highlight plays he should be talking some ****. Peacock a little bit. Remember when Rudy would flex on people or salute?

I know you have to be yourself, but Walker displays his emotions when bad stuff happens by sulking and shaking his head, he can do it when he does good stuff as well
Rudy wasn't flexing on anyone in his second year, unless it was in the GLeague.