What's new

Walker Kessler Should No Longer Play Until KO is Traded

Once again this old chestnut shines with Kessler picked to play in the rising stars game .

I hear Cy has packaged Kessler , sexton and Beasley for Bones hyland

Jazzfanz is beyond lucky to have such a visionary amongst us .

Once again this old chestnut shines with Kessler picked to play in the rising stars game .

I hear Cy has packaged Kessler , sexton and Beasley for Bones hyland

Jazzfanz is beyond lucky to have such a visionary amongst us .
Yall are so obsessed with me you have to make **** up.

For the season the Jazz have the 6th worst defense and the 3rd best offense. Overall we have the 11th best net rating this season.

In the last 9 games since Kessler started compared to other teams last 9 games we are the 9th best offense and the 13th best defense giving us the 7th best net rating.

But in those last 9 games our offensive rating is actually up from 116.6 to 119.2 and our defense rating is up from 115.1 to 114.8. Its not actually much of an improvement on defense by this but a bigger jump on offense. But the sample size might be too small.

With Kessler starting and Olynyk back I think our overall numbers will improve as well.

For the season the Jazz have the 6th worst defense and the 3rd best offense. Overall we have the 11th best net rating this season.

In the last 9 games since Kessler started compared to other teams last 9 games we are the 9th best offense and the 13th best defense giving us the 7th best net rating.

But in those last 9 games our offensive rating is actually up from 116.6 to 119.2 and our defense rating is up from 115.1 to 114.8. Its not actually much of an improvement on defense by this but a bigger jump on offense. But the sample size might be too small.

With Kessler starting and Olynyk back I think our overall numbers will improve as well.
Yeah, I think the sample size is too small. In that time we played Charlotte, the worst offensive team in the NBA, and played Dallas without Luka and the Clippers without PG or Kawhi.

It appears that Kessler will remain in the starting lineup for the rest of the season, and I will be interested to see how that impacts our defense moving forward.

Yeah, I think the sample size is too small. In that time we played Charlotte, the worst offensive team in the NBA, and played Dallas without Luka and the Clippers without PG or Kawhi.

It appears that Kessler will remain in the starting lineup for the rest of the season, and I will be interested to see how that impacts our defense moving forward.
I agree the sample is too small. We actually played none of the top 10 offenses in the league during that stretch.

On the flip side we also had few of the best pure scorers in NBA go ballistic on us in Dame, Kyrie and Donovan. Some of that falls on our defense, but those guys are known to scorch even the best defenses when they get going.

Hmm... something fishy about that list. That "relative" term.. what does it mean?

I think..... Bismack Biyombo = Giannis Antetokounmpo? Lmao.

In actual DFG% Giannis is #1 I think and Kessler + Lauri are both also top 5ish. So Kessler and Lauri are almost equally good on DFG% than rDFG%.. but Giannis goes from #1 to not on the list?

Hmm... something fishy about that list. That "relative" term.. what does it mean?

I think..... Bismack Biyombo = Giannis Antetokounmpo? Lmao.

In actual DFG% Giannis is #1 I think and Kessler + Lauri are both also top 5ish. So Kessler and Lauri are almost equally good on DFG% than rDFG%.. but Giannis goes from #1 to not on the list?
Actually scratch that. I opened the post and the author said it only has C and C-F listed. Giannis is listed as F he is filtered out.

The look on my face knowing this thread will be bumped everytime Kessler has a great game

homer-smile.gif

One of the wild things about Kessler's story is that he could barely see the floor as a Freshman at UNC to the point where he had to transfer. Going from that to a ROTY contender (though he has no shot, he will at least be mentioned as a candidate) in two years is wild.
He has a Gobert like effect on defense. The rebuild has been sped up by a year or two. Wowzas!