What's new

Warning Question

Scat

I received a warning for a personal attack on another member:

Reason:
-------
Insulted Other Member(s)

warning issued for personal attack. Please refrain from posting things like this. You do have a history.
Next time it will be an infraction.

The person that I "insulted" with a personal attack gave me pos rep for the post.

Thread: Special shout out on...
lol

So, my question is, did they pos rep me and then complain or did my post simply insult somebody's sensibilities and they decided to give me a warning on Chitown's behalf? If the person that I supposedly insulted did not complain, I feel I deserve to have the warning lifted. They obviously did not feel personally attacked and laughed at my post.

As far as my having a history, I haven't received a warning or infraction in over a year. Apparently they may expire but they never go away, eh?

So, my question is, did they pos rep me and then complain or did my post simply insult somebody's sensibilities and they decided to give me a warning on Chitown's behalf? If the person that I supposedly insulted did not complain, I feel I deserve to have the warning lifted. They obviously did not feel personally attacked and laughed at my post.

It was reported by someone else, not Jerry. Your point about him giving you pos rep for the post is a valid one. However, since the post was indeed quite rude I think I'll let the warning stand. Warnings don't really do anything, anyway, they just alert you that you are close to crossing the line--which is the case here even if Jerry didn't object.

As far as my having a history, I haven't received a warning or infraction in over a year. Apparently they may expire but they never go away, eh?

The moderators see a record of all of your past warnings & infractions, yes. The expiration after a year is just with regards to our suspension/banning policy.