What's new

We can't even play garbage minutes

udflyer

I want to see Hayward & Evans developed.

Evans was in the last 5 2/2 minutes, Hayward the last 3.

The point of garbage minutes is to run plays as if it was close and develop players.

I want to see some curls for Hayward, maybe some spot up 3's.

I want to see some offense set for Evans other than putback dunks (obviously not a play). See if he can post up.

All we do is have Price go 1 on 5 for layups...that helps us.

I want to see Hayward & Evans developed.

Evans was in the last 5 2/2 minutes, Hayward the last 3.

The point of garbage minutes is to run plays as if it was close and develop players.

I want to see some curls for Hayward, maybe some spot up 3's.

I want to see some offense set for Evans other than putback dunks (obviously not a play). See if he can post up.

All we do is have Price go 1 on 5 for layups...that helps us.

yes, would have helped if we had an actual point guard in the game. Price is clearly not a point guard.

OP has a point. Might as well at least pretend we are making garbage time count for something. Developing the younger guys with some extra PT makes sense and should be the focus, with set plays that the Jazz actually run. I think too often that last unit comes in and tries to win the game with frantic play for the last 5 minutes. They need a true PG in there (not Price) to help them run those plays and get some experience beyond the and1 sets. They can already play streetball. They need to learn Jazz ball.

The real question, why did Sloan take Jefferson out of the game at the beginning of the 4th quarter. Play him and make that push, that was so much needed. And Millsap has been a big let down lately. It's funny when he plays awesome, like 2 games ago, we win. When he doesn't were aweful. Solution; cash Millsap and Hayward in!!

The real question, why did Sloan take Jefferson out of the game at the beginning of the 4th quarter. Play him and make that push, that was so much needed. And Millsap has been a big let down lately. It's funny when he plays awesome, like 2 games ago, we win. When he doesn't were aweful. Solution; cash Millsap and Hayward in!!

Sloan was following his rotation. He has disrupted countless runs and let countless bad stretches go on too long due to rigidly following his sub patterns.

Sloan was following his rotation. He has disrupted countless runs and let countless bad stretches go on too long due to rigidly following his sub patterns.

He's the most erratic coach in the league when it comes to this. Often we say "wow, what terrible rotations - they are too rigid, etc", and then as soon as we say that, he makes a reasonably good sub pattern change for a game or two, it works out, and we are all bewildered. I can't tell if it's just a coincidence or what, but he seems to always mismanage matchups, and when he gets a favorable match-up he doesn't exploit it.

He's the most erratic coach in the league when it comes to this. Often we say "wow, what terrible rotations - they are too rigid, etc", and then as soon as we say that, he makes a reasonably good sub pattern change for a game or two, it works out, and we are all bewildered. I can't tell if it's just a coincidence or what, but he seems to always mismanage matchups, and when he gets a favorable match-up he doesn't exploit it.

He is getting old and senile. Undoubtedly he has changed his rotations throughout the years, maybe every 5 or 6 years or so, who knows. What you are seeing is him remembering the wrong rotation and playing that instead for a game or 2.

sloan.jpg