What's new

We Got Swindled by Sexton (And Eddie Zero Sucks)

I only have the energy to say one thing about this game...

If you're relying on and featuring Collin Sexton this much, you're not gonna win many basketball games. It's been tried before.

That's it. Bye.
Blah, blah, blah...we know every player on the Jazz sucks except Lauri.
Sexton had a pretty good game tonight.
Jazz probably win it if Lauri made a few shots before the 4th quarter.

Last edited:
Sexton surprised me. Excellent game! Needs to keep it up. Good composure and ran the offense well. We lost because we can not defend the post well enough and we sag for help defense constantly leaving open perimeter shooters. Let them play because we have possibly 2 lotto picks upcoming to find additional help and athleticism

Blah, blah, blah...we know every player on the Jazz sucks except Lauri.
Sexton had a pretty good game tonight.
Jazz probably win it if Lauri made a few shots before the 4th quarter.
Lauri? He most definitely sucked. Obviously he was one of the biggest reasons we lost.

But while everyone's celebrating Sexton's big game, IMO it bears repeating that his brand of out-of-control basketball doesn't get you W's. He had a bright green light for a long time at Cleveland and put up big scoring numbers, but that had absolutely no effect on the wins column.

The only sensible role for Sexton on this team is a sparkplug off the bench, playing 15 to 20 minutes. He's the definition of a guy who needs a short leash. Sexton can be useful at times if the offense resembles a clogged toilet, but you can't let him run a team. This isn't complicated.

Lauri? He most definitely sucked. Obviously he was one of the biggest reasons we lost.

But while everyone's celebrating Sexton's big game, IMO it bears repeating that his brand of out-of-control basketball doesn't get you W's. He had a bright green light for a long time at Cleveland and put up big scoring numbers, but that had absolutely no effect on the wins column.

The only sensible role for Sexton on this team is a sparkplug off the bench, playing 15 to 20 minutes. He's the definition of a guy who needs a short leash. Sexton can be useful at times if the offense resembles a clogged toilet, but you can't let him run a team. This isn't complicated.

While I think Sexton might become better... In a long run we can not start both him and JC if we do not want so suck forever. Two score-first guards is not a winning formula. As long as Conley is with the team, and is in the game, things look all right. The flow of the offense is better, and it usually serves the bigs shooting rhythm the best way, bc bigs naturally are not on ball as much. But thank goodness Mike is back soon.

I only have the energy to say one thing about this game...

If you're relying on and featuring Collin Sexton this much, you're not gonna win many basketball games. It's been tried before.

That's it. Bye.
wrong imo, there is not more than probably 5 elite current NBA players, that could have done more to help those teams win, that Sexton played on.
No spacing on average, packed paint. You get the picture right? His biggest hurdle is getting teammates to their spots and getting them to trust him.
I cannot believe the amount of lazy *** non-realistic takes, regarding Young Bull ,exist on the net, But,you are the not alone, most critics have the same narrow mindset. Maybe its all of you that have tunnel vision lol
BTW he was almost never the point guard and almost always the 1st option in Cleveland. This means the ball was going back to him a lot even when he did play within the system, instead of just putting up buckets on teams void of other options.

Glad to see Sexton is getting better at passing out of the context of what he does. Still needs to cut down on the bad decisions to be a good PG

Glad to see Sexton is getting better at passing out of the context of what he does. Still needs to cut down on the bad decisions to be a good PG
In the past two games hasn’t he averaged more points, assists and fewer turnovers than Mike’s average at any point in his career?

Your argument should be small sample size and not that he needs to cut down bad decisions… if the guy was doing this all season he’d be a fringe all star.

Haters going to hate.

In the past two games hasn’t he averaged more points, assists and fewer turnovers than Mike’s average at any point in his career?

Your argument should be small sample size and not that he needs to cut down bad decisions… if the guy was doing this all season he’d be a fringe all star.

Haters going to hate.
He needs to score efficiently, playmake for others, never commit turnovers, and play shut down defense… then the haters will MAYBE admit he is better than a guy that is shooting 39% from the field and 25% from 3.

The biggest mistake he is still making is he attempts to score at the rim when he is very likely to get swatted… honestly not even sure I care that much as it’s happened twice in two games and he has like 6 blow by layups in that time. No one is mistake free…. He’s clearly trying and capable.

The biggest mistake he is still making is he attempts to score at the rim when he is very likely to get swatted… honestly not even sure I care that much as it’s happened twice in two games and he has like 6 blow by layups in that time. No one is mistake free…. He’s clearly trying and capable.

I mean, yeah, keep going at the rim. You go forceful enough you are going to score half the time, get fouled another 25% and get blocked 25%. I can live with that. I'd rather that than the patented Donovan floater that doinked off the back of the rim 55% of the time. Donovan has a lot of positive to his game. That damn floater wasn't one of them.

Additionally, Sexton going hard to the rim draws the defense, making that nice dump off pass to the trailer in the post work pretty well.