What's new

We need a game thread: OKC@UTAH

So this Westbrook thing seems like a thing... how come everyone was so quick to jump to the “the fan must have said something racist or about his family” defense when Westbrook has been known to be moody and pissy to media and others? Dude threatened physical violence on a woman... at some point you have to chill.

I attend games in other arenas and will catch some nasty **** from other fans occasionally... it’s pretty easy to just let it go and say that guys an idiot. Hell as a missionary I was verbally abused in about the worst way you could be pretty frequently... dude has a screw loose and everyone defend his ***.

KSL just had an interview with the fan. He claims he said: "Sit down and ice your knees, bro!" Westbrick just mis-heard it. He is pretty convincing.

Honestly the ice your knees thing sounds more fluid and probable than what Patterson claims.

Is the Patterson comment inferring like some gay sexual acts or like some racist stuff... I have no idea.

As a professional you're supposed to ignore the idiots.

As a human you are supposed to ignore the idiots... the dude that gets too heated in pickup ball... ignore him... the person that flips you off on the road... ignore. It isn’t that hard.

Honestly the ice your knees thing sounds more fluid and probable than what Patterson claims.

Is the Patterson comment inferring like some gay sexual acts or like some racist stuff... I have no idea.

don't know at all but i would have guessed it's a reference to being on your knees symbolic as being a slave ??? If that's what was actually said i can understand Russ being heated but ... dunno

Get on your knees seems more like a suck a dick reference more then a racist term lol
Someone needs to explain to me how telling an African American basketball player with a wife and kids to "get on your knees like you're used to" is a dick sucking joke and not racially driven because I don't understand that at all

don't know at all but i would have guessed it's a reference to being on your knees symbolic as being a slave ??? If that's what was actually said i can understand Russ being heated but ... dunno

Might be... which is 1000% over the line. I would think a fan would come forward and tell on the guy if he was making racial comments... if it was normal heckling and he was the target then Russ is an asshat and needs to stfu

Someone needs to explain to me how telling an African American basketball player with a wife and kids to "get on your knees like you're used to" is a dick sucking joke and not racially driven because I don't understand that at all
Well i can only speak for myself and i might be ignorant or something but if I hear the phrase "get on your knees like your used to" it 100% would be referring to sucking a dick rather than anything racial (being insensitive to gays isn't any better than being insensitive to african americans though so either way its crossing a line) but thats just my experience with the phrase. I mean i have heard similar things said a handful of times by co-workers when referring to someone who seems to be a brown noser *** kisser to the boss or by friends in an insulting "ribbing" way when talking ****.
Never heard it used in a racial context.
When you put the phrase in a context of a white MAGA dude saying it to a black guy it definitely makes things a bit different but i still see it more as homophobic comment rather than racist when thinking of the phrase. Though I admit it could be a racist comment, I just personally have never associated getting on you knees with people of color. For me getting on your knees has always been a phrase used to mean fellatio or like a hands tied behind your back execution scene in a movie or in the context of praying. But never have i heard the that phrase used in a racism setting. there is a first time for everything though.

Might be... which is 1000% over the line. I would think a fan would come forward and tell on the guy if he was making racial comments... if it was normal heckling and he was the target then Russ is an asshat and needs to stfu
On the other hand maybe the fans didn't come forward to tell on the guy cause they didn't recognize "get on your knees" as being racist. I know i wouldn't. Though he should still get ratted out for saying homophobic **** imo anyway.

Then again if he said ice your knees like he says he did then he didnt do anything wrong imo.

On the other hand maybe the fans didn't come forward to tell on the guy cause they didn't recognize "get on your knees" as being racist. I know i wouldn't. Though he should still get ratted out for saying homophobic **** imo anyway.

Then again if he said ice your knees like he says he did then he didnt do anything wrong imo.

Exactly... we will never know... his social media stuff is kinda damning. I’ve been in crowds where things go over the line, not in Utah, fans give side eye and people would very likely turn on their own fan if what they said was over the line. No one wants to sit near the guy that is the loud heckler... they are usually not funny and think they cool AF.

Westbrook has been triggered here before... guy was just like holding a camera phone at the tunnel and he lost it. Did that guy say something fascist?

I don’t think things should get personal but the guy that talks a ton of **** to opponents, rocks babies to sleep after scoring on a guy, calls his ex teammate a cupcake... that guy doesn’t get to demand respect from opposing fans... don’t cross lines... don’t get personal.

Really deflating last few games after the best few games of the season.

We arent there and have a needed tweak hopefully can be fixed this offseason.

At least we are close!