What's new

We should all root for the Jazz these final games, because next season is The Year of the Tank

No, that is your misinterpretation.. You projected meanings different than what was meant.

Like hell I did, it is pretty damn blatant. People were saying things like "I hope they lose so we miss the playoffs and increase our lottery pick". My interpretation of it... what a crock.

No, I think you are wrong.

Even so, on the rare occasions that may have or may not have happened, saying "I hope they lose" is totally different then saying they should lose on purpose. The way I remember it, it was mostly people just saying they should play the youth more, and they thought the team would play better, but even if they didn't , they would be okay with that, because they wanted the youth to play more.

Even so, on the rare occasions that may have or may not have happened, saying "I hope they lose" is totally different then saying they should lose on purpose. The way I remember it, it was mostly people just saying they should play the youth more, and they thought the team would play better, but even if they didn't , they would be okay with that, because they wanted the youth to play more.

Either way they wanted the team to lose. Pathetic and shameful.

Playing the youth more is what it eventually became but it started out as rooting for the team to tank and lose. Then there was a backlash from posters like me, Mr.McGibblets, jGolds, Gameface, Nightmare...

You want to deny it and call me wrong. Fine, OK. It still happened. I am an easy going guy but it happened and I know it did.

We have nothing to lose for. We don't have much to win for, but it'd be cool to make the playoffs over the Lakers.

This draft is supposedly awful.

Next draft is supposedly great.

We're (hopefully) going to let the vets walk, throw the keys to the young bigs, and probably lose. A lot.

And we're going to get a nice draft pick out of it.

I know everyone hates Jefferson and the rest of the vets. But Jefferson, despite his inability, has been an outstanding dude here. Millsap has been with us 8 seasons, and Minn is likely his last home game. As frustrated as we've been this and last season, if you think about it long-term, it makes sense that we had these two middling seasons, especially if we tank the next one. We've positioned ourselves for a full clearing-the-books rebuild. The half/half **** seems to be nearing an end. I hope the organization has the courage for a losing season; we should go after that franchise piece. Then with one final good draft pick and through smart FA, and patience, we'll hopefully launch ourselves to a top 4 team in a few years.

Good post. I too hope the FO has the guts to hand the reins to the young guys and face the possibility of losing a lot of games. They may be surprised at what happens. They may win more than we think, or they may lose more than we think. I for one can't wait to see which...as long as our young core gets to play, and I mean PLAY.

Good post. I too hope the FO has the guts to hand the reins to the young guys and face the possibility of losing a lot of games. They may be surprised at what happens. They may win more than we think, or they may lose more than we think. I for one can't wait to see which.

They should have done that this year and my prediction is bolded.

They should have done that this year and my prediction is bolded.

I agree about this year, and am inclined to agree on your prediction as well. I really hope the FO pulls their head out and lets it happen with the C4.

Stoked has decided that everyone wanted to lose, and he wears that like a badge on his shirt. There is no use arguing. No matter what you say, write, show him, he won't believe it.

Stoked has decided that everyone wanted to lose, and he wears that like a badge on his shirt. There is no use arguing. No matter what you say, write, show him, he won't believe it.

And you are full of ****. There are those that did call for it pure and simple. Did everyone? Nope but some of those here did.

I see the distinction you are making between the youth and tanking and I agree with that. If you cannot acknowledge what I am truly saying than I will treat you no better than some of the others that I see as only trying to troll.

Either way they wanted the team to lose. Pathetic and shameful.

Playing the youth more is what it eventually became but it started out as rooting for the team to tank and lose. Then there was a backlash from posters like me, Mr.McGibblets, jGolds, Gameface, Nightmare...

You want to deny it and call me wrong. Fine, OK. It still happened. I am an easy going guy but it happened and I know it did.

No, I don't remember it that way, except for maybe one game against the Warriors, but even that is a selective interpretation, they were still saying just to play Kanter / Burks / Favors / Evans more, it was your interpretation that playing them more was equivalent to wanting to intentionally lose.

and also 2nd ex.: to trade vets for picks, again , it is your interpretation that that is with intentions of losing, but the people advocating that did not have that as their objective.

And you are full of ****. There are those that did call for it pure and simple. Did everyone? Nope but some of those here did.

I see the distinction you are making between the youth and tanking and I agree with that. If you cannot acknowledge what I am truly saying than I will treat you no better than some of the others that I see as only trying to troll.

I'm gonna have to side with green, stoked. He has made his point clear that he wanted the youth to play and would accept a couple losings seasons and the benefits that come a long with it (getting high draft picks). But you bombard what he is saying with arguments. I see him repeatedly say it mostly about playing the youth.

You seem to always take his argument the wrong way. You make it about some ethics battle about rooting for your own team to lose. His argument is clearly....play the youth + probably lose = good thing because we will aquire more talent for the rebuilding process and we will develop our current youth. Your argument is... ok with playing youth + close eyes + pound chest + don't say Jazz might lose outloud = ok with you. Its not even really an argument. You want the same thing, you just want to sound like a better and more loyal fan.

And that goes for everyone else arguing about "tanking". It doesn't make anyone lesser of a fan or dumber because they think it might be a better approach, for our market and team, to win a championship. Its not even unethical either. Its well within the rules and makes a lot of sense if there aren't any good free agents to be had, and you have youth to develop. Obviously the approach taken has not worked. That idea has been tried again and again with no success. All the evidence points to hitting the lottery for best results.

There is no chance that burks will start over foye if foye is on the team next year :(

I disagree with this. If you remember back to the first game after Ty moved Hayward to the bench Foye made it very clear that when he signed here in Utah he was told he would be coming off the bench for scoring/in a 6th man roll. He was moved into the starting lineup because of his ability to space the floor for Al. With no Al next year Foye is not going to be as important as a starter as he is now with Al.

If he does resign here I have a feeling it well be what he was signed here in the first place for. A Bench scorer.

I'm gonna have to side with green, stoked. He has made his point clear that he wanted the youth to play and would accept a couple losings seasons and the benefits that come a long with it (getting high draft picks). But you bombard what he is saying with arguments. I see him repeatedly say it mostly about playing the youth.

You seem to always take his argument the wrong way. You make it about some ethics battle about rooting for your own team to lose. His argument is clearly....play the youth + probably lose = good thing because we will aquire more talent for the rebuilding process and we will develop our current youth. Your argument is... ok with playing youth + close eyes + pound chest + don't say Jazz might lose outloud = ok with you. Its not even really an argument. You want the same thing, you just want to sound like a better and more loyal fan.

And that goes for everyone else arguing about "tanking". It doesn't make anyone lesser of a fan or dumber because they think it might be a better approach, for our market and team, to win a championship. Its not even unethical either. Its well within the rules and makes a lot of sense if there aren't any good free agents to be had, and you have youth to develop. Obviously the approach taken has not worked. That idea has been tried again and again with no success. All the evidence points to hitting the lottery for best results.

Can you show me where I ever said Green, by name, was cheering for the Jazz to tank? I understand the difference Green is making and i tend to agree with him on alot of points. Such as playing the youth over the vets. i think they are just better.

However, the arguement was made initially, and loudly, that the Jazz should tank.

Listen, if we win with the C4 we win with the C4. I don't want us to lose intentionally. In fact I'd be thrilled watching the young guys make the playoffs, no matter the seed--that'd be an awesome season. I'm just saying, we probably lose when we hand them the keys, and as a fan base we should be okay with it, because it may be necessary. We could have something special in Kanter and Favors, and it's time, over a course of a season, to see how special they could be. I'm thinking we could have a dominant front court in the future with those two, if we can get them both playing right. Favors offense scares me sometimes, but he's been so good lately it's hard to be worried about him. Hayward is Hayward, we know what we have there. An extremely-solid-borderline all-star piece. And also a deity. Burks is more of an enigma, but we know we have something.

Now it's about smart FA signings, smart trades, and I'd like one more lottery pick.

I figure its not to big of a deal if they make the playoffs or not ... the draft is not a sure fire thing ... if they don't make the playoffs atleast that gives us a better pick and a greater chance of some sort of change for the better or worse... as fans we need to let everyone know that were not content with just being GOOD .. we want to have a differnt result!

Can you show me where I ever said Green, by name, was cheering for the Jazz to tank? I understand the difference Green is making and i tend to agree with him on alot of points. Such as playing the youth over the vets. i think they are just better.

However, the arguement was made initially, and loudly, that the Jazz should tank.

I disagree with everything you said. Green did make at least one thread advocating for the team to tank, probably argued this more strongly than anyone else.... but you are focusing on .01 percent of the posts, and twisting their meaning. No one ever wanted the Jazz players to throw games.

I disagree with everything you said. Green did make at least one thread advocating for the team to tank, probably argued this more strongly than anyone else.... but you are focusing on .01 percent of the posts, and twisting their meaning. No one ever wanted the Jazz players to throw games.

What do you think tanking is? It is losing on purpose. How am I twisting that?

I am not twisting their meaning. I am saying, yet again, that people came out here advocating for the team to tank. The arguement may be refined and different now but at first it was clearly to tank. There is nothing to twist.