What's new

Wesley Johnson

Zerol

If we can't find any quality wing in the upcoming draft, which is likely the case, do you think the T-Wolves will bite if we are to trade the top 5 pick for Wes Johnson? He is a great shooter from distance and a solid rebounder/defender.

Lineup will looks like this:

C Favors/Okur
PF Jefferson/Millsap/Evans
SF Kirilenko/Miles
SG Johnson/Hayward
PG Harris/Watson

This is one of the best suggestions I have heard in a long time, but it might take both of our draft picks to get this done.
Edit: after looking a little closer at this one, he's only averaging 35% from three and only 41% overall. Not quite enough to pull the trigger.

Great idea if he's as good as advertised (honestly, I haven't seen him very much this season). Wonder if the TWolves would bite.

I think they would, but I would only consider it if Irving and Williams are off the board (which they probably will be). There are a lot of ifs in this equation.

Were not the Twolves trying to work out a deal for Raja before the deadline?

I'd do Raja + a pick.

I would not call him a great shooter. 35% from 3, 41% from the field, 66% free throw? I would not put him in top 5 pick territory. That would be a bad trade for us imo. He is young and could develop but he strikes me as a volume scorer. I do not think I would do that trade.

He is emerging after they traded Corey Brewer away. In the last 2 games (small sample size I know) he averaged 19.5 points, 6 for 14 from 3s. Tonight against the Lakers he recorded 20 points with 3 for 7 from 3s.

I think he can help us. His stats so far are not a good basis just because the T-Wolves have been switching starting 2s constantly. He is a good shooter that the opponents have to respect his shot, similar to how Stephen Jackson is. Not sure if we can say the same about anyone from this year's lottery. Having said that, I am not saying this is the one and only option and it will for sure work.