What's new

Westbrook out and Harden doubtful vs. the Jazz

I've been one of Conley's biggest defenders on here but I've just about reached my breaking point. He was okay tonight, but that's the problem, we need him to be a whole hell of a lot better than just okay. He needs to be a difference maker, one of our most impactful players. I don't know if it's a bad fit or what but it just hasn't worked at all so far and I'm losing hope that it's ever going to get any better.

Don't be a stats guy. Blocks and steals rarely don't necessarily mean good defense. You are just letting his poor play on offense cloud your judgement. He played good enough D on a team that allowed everything. Ingles sucked, Royce sucked. Mitchell was ok defensively, Bogey slept a few times. Conley played good D, so did Rudy on perimeter.
I said deflections. He had zero.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I was in school so I was just score watching, WTF happened? We let Gordon kill us?
Have you ever just been in a huge hurry to take a leak, you rush through the job while thinking about something else, miss the toilet and get pee on the floor, dribble on your pants because you didn't take time to drain things properly, then get mad and promptly zip up into some part of your dick? That, in basketball form, is what happened to the Jazz tonight. They zipped up the frank, the beans, and half the taint.

Sent from my SM-N975U using JazzFanz mobile app

I've been one of Conley's biggest defenders on here but I've just about reached my breaking point. He was okay tonight, but that's the problem, we need him to be a whole hell of a lot better than just okay. He needs to be a difference maker, one of our most impactful players. I don't know if it's a bad fit or what but it just hasn't worked at all so far and I'm losing hope that it's ever going to get any better.

Elfrid Payton could have done what Conley did tonight.

I said deflections. He had zero.

So? He contained his guy, switched quick and didn't have defensive breakdowns. Much better than any of our perimeter defenders.

So is Houston just our absolute kryptonite? Is it that Snyder hasn't figured out how to defend iso ball and how to score against a switching zone? The Ingles gobert pnr should have been absolute fire tonight but we really ran it like, what, 6 times and those were half-assed attempts at that. We damn well better hope we do not meet them in the playoffs again.

And I think that for every unforced turnover a player has Quinn needs to make them run 100 laps and shoot 100 free throws. Take care of the ****ing ball. ************!

So? He contained his guy, switched quick and didn't have defensive breakdowns. Much better than any of our perimeter defenders.
He had 5 fouls in 25 minutes. That's a bad breakdown. His defense wasn't good.

So, why is everyone putting all the blame on Conley?. Yeah, he played erratically on offense but Joe or Royce should not be given a pass. Royce and Joe's perimeter defense on Gordon/Rivers was really bad tonight. Couldn't hit open 3s. Rudy was late to contest open jumpers too (particularly in the first half). Also, the refs were terrible (especially on Bradley). The team played tight and out of sync. Dumb TOs. Just an awful performance.
Joe was really bad... all of our guards were selfish and if I was Rudy I would have some words with them tonight.

The reason I’m a little extra upset with Mike is he was supposed to be this savy vet... he’s played like garbage. It isn’t just missing shots... it isn’t just the system... it’s the awful turnovers... he mishandled a ball and one he slipped but he also just had an awful ****ing pass... it was an easy read.

His defense is adequate... it’s not great... his value is very much on the offensive end and he’s been really really bad.

Jazz: 51.2% FG
Rockets: 46.9% FG

Jazz: 29.3% 3FG
Rockets: 37.5 3FG

Jazz: 37 rebounds
Rockets: 40 rebounds

Jazz: 16 turnovers
Rockets: 15 turnovers

Jazz: 24 assists
Rockets: 14 assists

Jazz: 52 POINTS IN THE PAINT
Rockets: 42 POINTS IN THE PAINT

Jazz: 26 FREE THROWS
Rockets: 49 FREE THROWS

ERIC GORDON: 2.6 FTA PER GAME ON THE SEASON HAD 22 FTA TONIGHT

Can we stop this BS about how "the Jazz didn't play well" or "the Rockets have our number" please?

WE ALL KNOW WHAT THE F*** REALLY HAPPENED HERE.

the rockets went small and eric Gordon played aggressive? Because of the small lineup and our poor effort, we got eric Gordon going? The rockets’ coaching strategy continues to beat us? I mean, I think it’s pretty obvious that D Antoni has Snyder’s number. Eric proved that despite being a role player normally, he still has the potential to go off like a superstar? Next time, we need to clamp down defensively, stop turning the ball over, and attack the rim if our 3 pointers aren’t going? I saw a lot of standing around and Mitchell hero ball.

That’s what I got out of it. Tell me what exactly you were insinuating?

We could trade Jordan Clarkson for Dennis Schroeder if we could turn Mike Conley into a reliable scorer off the bench.

the rockets went small and eric Gordon played aggressive? Because of the small lineup and our poor effort, we got eric Gordon going? Eric proved that despite being a role player normally, he still has the potential to go off like a superstar? Next time, we need to clamp down defensively, stop turning the ball over, and attack the rim if our 3 pointers aren’t going? I saw a lot of standing around and Mitchell hero ball.

That’s what I got out of it. Tell me what exactly you were insinuating?
No one put him on his backside either.

Also, why couldn't we run at him on the offensive end and get some foul trouble going? He had ZERO fouls.

Sent from my SM-N975U using JazzFanz mobile app

Jazz: 51.2% FG
Rockets: 46.9% FG

Jazz: 29.3% 3FG
Rockets: 37.5 3FG

Jazz: 37 rebounds
Rockets: 40 rebounds

Jazz: 16 turnovers
Rockets: 15 turnovers

Jazz: 24 assists
Rockets: 14 assists

Jazz: 52 POINTS IN THE PAINT
Rockets: 42 POINTS IN THE PAINT

Jazz: 26 FREE THROWS
Rockets: 49 FREE THROWS

ERIC GORDON: 2.6 FTA PER GAME ON THE SEASON HAD 22 FTA TONIGHT

Can we stop this BS about how "the Jazz didn't play well" or "the Rockets have our number" please?

WE ALL KNOW WHAT THE F*** REALLY HAPPENED HERE.
No this isn’t on the refs at all... they had some bad calls but we let them blow by or shoot pull-up jumpers whenever they wanted... we made stupid *** fouls that got us in the penalty.

We are a good defensive team and let one guy... the only guy we had to stop... get a career high. This was effort and focus... everything else is peripheral.