What's new

Westbrook out and Harden doubtful vs. the Jazz

It could be a psychological move, figuring that if they can stay with us without them, then they will surely beat us with them come playoff time.

They’re on a back-to-back from Denver too, so even at full strength it would be a really tough game for them. Ideally the Rockets win tonight and we beat them tomorrow so we gain a game on both of them.

It could be a psychological move, figuring that if they can stay with us without them, then they will surely beat us with them come playoff time.
They are not the same team that almost knocked out Durant's GSW any more, in fact they got much worse. Utah on the other hand has become a formidable team. I think they're afraid of a rematch if anything.

Why would they cancel any games? I mean Kobe was a great player, and this is tragic, but it isn't 9-11.

I don't think that they would cancel games. That would screw up the entire season. But it wouldn't surprise me if they rescheduled the games tomorrow. Yeah he was just a player but this has greatly impacted a lot of people.

Unless I have tickets. Then I might care. A little. . .
True. But in the end, you know what I have loved the most about every jazz game that I have been to? When they won.
I was at a game where LeBron scored like 46 or something and just blew the crowds mind by his brilliance. We lost though. That game sucked and I left unhappy despite seeing Bron ball.

I also went to games against total crap opponents when we won by 20. It was great and I left happy. It would be better if it were a close win or win against an awesome opponent but any win beats any loss imo.

P.S. this rule of thumb doesn't apply to the tank for Exum season.
I remember going to a game against some horrible team (Charlotte I think) that year with @Spycam and we were having a blast rooting for the loss. People around us were mad at us. But I wanted the best draft pick possible. Man that was supposed to be like the best draft ever. And we ended up with Exum and the draft was so underwhelming.
I never want to go through that again.
Edit:. I wouldn't have even rooted for losses that year if the young guys (core 4) would have been getting major minutes.
Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

True. But in the end, you know what I have loved the most about every jazz game that I have been to? When they won.
I was at a game where LeBron scored like 46 or something and just blew the crowds mind by his brilliance. We lost though. That game sucked and I left unhappy despite seeing Bron ball.

I also went to games against total crap opponents when we won by 20. It was great and I left happy. It would be better if it were a close win or win against an awesome opponent but any win beats any loss imo.

I remember going to a game against some horrible team (Charlotte I think) that year with @Spycam and we were having a blast rooting for the loss. People around us were mad at us. But I wanted the best draft pick possible. Man that was supposed to be like the best draft ever. And we ended up with Exum and the draft was so underwhelming.
Edit:. I wouldn't have even rooted for losses that year if the young guys (core 4) would have been getting major minutes.

Yeah, always a win first. However, if I go to a game I want a LITTLE excitement because I go so rarely and the atmosphere is part of the fun. If I'm at home watching on TV, give me the 30 point blowout every single time.

If only we had a future predictor and could have known that the top of that "all time" draft sucked so hard!

Agree. All I care about is winning. Of course it’s nice when we win a big, emotional game or come from behind or whatever, but those wins I’m not sure are worth the trade off for me. Being stressed out of my mind for a couple hours. I’d like to lay back and relax a bit. Fanning is too often a moonlighting gig that you’re not getting paid for. I suppose it’s all the close games we’ve played this season that are fatiguing me, but I’d like to relax a little more.

Also, we tanked and got Clarkson. Your efforts weren’t completely in vain.

Last edited: