What's new

What’s the best tv option?

Kar

Does anyone have a good cheap option to stream the Jazz games this year? I figured I had another week to worry about it but the NBA League pass free trial blacked me out. What are you guys doing to watch the games? Thanks in advance.

Fubo is the best legit option

I accidentally let my Fubo renew this month. Now I'm remembering... Picture is s***. Rewind only sorta works. It won't play at all in Chrome on my second monitor (bizarre). At least tonight's game was available. Sometimes they just forget to show the games and leave the poker on instead.

the directTV streaming has to be better?

Last edited:
I accidentally let my Fubo renew this month. Now I'm remembering... Picture is s***. Rewind only sorta works. It won't play at all in Chrome on my second monitor (bizarre). At least tonight's game was available. Sometimes they just forget to show the games and leave the poker on instead.

the directTV streaming has to be better?

Problem I ran into last year with Fubo (along with what you mentioned) was if a game went into overtime or went over the scheduled time for the game, Fubo would go into whatever was next up on the schedule cutting the end of the game off.
So I ended up going to DirecTv stream which was the only option left. It worked fine. It’s just tough to justify the cost. As the standard package doesn’t include Att Sportsnet so you have to upgrade, so basically $100 a month.
This season I haven’t used either, and not sure if I will. I’m using league pass at thee moment but stuck in the blackout restriction even though I’m not in Utah and six hours from Salt Lake. So I get a 3 day delay before I can watch the Jazz games.
Missing HeHe streams.

The ****ers at nba.com (or, actually, perhaps Microsoft) have Done Things to make sure LP doesn't work on Linux, so right now I'm down options.

The ****ers at nba.com (or, actually, perhaps Microsoft) have Done Things to make sure LP doesn't work on Linux, so right now I'm down options.
Just run MS on VM.

So far crack stream, I think it is renamed to meth streams, has worked great. One game in. I just cannot bring myself to pay for LP for this season, but if we keep winning maybe I will.

I tried to set up a win 10 in a VM, but it failed with DRM issues as well. Not sure exactly what, but I'm thinking it could be TPM or UEFI issues. Or maybe I just lacked something else...
You ought to try VMware workstation.

You ought to try VMware workstation.
Yeah, should do that I guess. I always like to use the "proper" linux stuff, like libvirt, but this is a matter of pragmatism anyway. I'm pretty sure I have access to VMWare licenses and stuff at work anyway. Thanks for the tips.

Yeah, should do that I guess. I always like to use the "proper" linux stuff, like libvirt, but this is a matter of pragmatism anyway. I'm pretty sure I have access to VMWare licenses and stuff at work anyway. Thanks for the tips.
No problem. I dabble with this stuff, so I am no expert, but I have a few different PCs I play around with and have a Linux setup with a couple of VMs for dumb stuff. I bootlegged my VM, lol. Bootlegged my windows too I think (Win 7) until they dropped 10 essentially for free. I don't do much with them anymore, too much other stuff going on, but it is fun. I run the original Doom on a VM on one PC with Windows 98, but with a better sound setup.

No problem. I dabble with this stuff, so I am no expert, but I have a few different PCs I play around with and have a Linux setup with a couple of VMs for dumb stuff. I bootlegged my VM, lol. Bootlegged my windows too I think (Win 7) until they dropped 10 essentially for free. I don't do much with them anymore, too much other stuff going on, but it is fun. I run the original Doom on a VM on one PC with Windows 98, but with a better sound setup.
Haven't had anything running anything but Linux myself since I had a Windows 98 dual boot to play Heroes of Might and Magic around the turn of the century, so I'm quite rusty on that other platform, to say the least.