What's new

What does it take to get Yao?

Not worth the risk. Great player but he's constantly injured and his build leads me to believe he'll continue to be injury prone.

Not worth the risk. Great player but he's constantly injured and his build leads me to believe he'll continue to be injury prone.

If all it took to get Yao Ming is Andrei Kirileko's expiring contract, you try to keep from laughing at the Rockets' front office until after you sign the trade agreement.

Doesn't Yao have it in his contract that he must stay in a big market? I don't think they can just trade the flagship of Chinese Basketball to just any team. However, I could be wrong....

his contract expires next summer (assuming he takes the option). not much risk, unless you think the jazz can do better with Andrei's expiring contract.

Not sure he is worth the financial commitment. He is super injury prone and coming what was considered a career threatening injury. Then again he might be at his buy low stage...

Not sure he is worth the financial commitment. He is super injury prone and coming what was considered a career threatening injury. Then again he might be at his buy low stage...

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Remember that four of the last five NBA champions had a major trade before their run:
Heat - traded for Shaq
Celtics - KG and Allen
Lakers - Gasol

I think it's written in stone that the Jazz cannot compete with LA without a big center.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Remember that four of the last five NBA champions had a major trade before their run:
Heat - traded for Shaq
Celtics - KG and Allen
Lakers - Gasol

I think it's written in stone that the Jazz cannot compete with LA without a big center.

Getting past the fact that both numbnuts' contracts are expiring, you then have to ask yourself why either team would do it from a basketball perspective. The Jazz would do it for obvious reasons at the 5. The Rockets? Um, yeah, it makes no sense at all. They already have two guys in Battier and Ariza who are great defenders at the 3 and aren't injury-prone, and they'd suddenly become weaker at the 5 by shipping him off. It would save them a few bucks (okay, maybe more like 2-4M) but still, we'd have to trade something else of value.

What does it take? It takes a team with good doctors and medical staff and a toilet that sits about a foot and a half taller than normal ones.

Getting past the fact that both numbnuts' contracts are expiring, you then have to ask yourself why either team would do it from a basketball perspective. The Jazz would do it for obvious reasons at the 5. The Rockets? Um, yeah, it makes no sense at all. They already have two guys in Battier and Ariza who are great defenders at the 3 and aren't injury-prone, and they'd suddenly become weaker at the 5 by shipping him off. It would save them a few bucks (okay, maybe more like 2-4M) but still, we'd have to trade something else of value.

Adelman's system is very efficient with great big passers (remember the deadly combo of Weber/Divac?)
Adding AK to their 3/4 rotation would not hurt the offense and is a plus on the defense. Sure, they get weaker at the 5, but I think the Rockets are a better team going small anyway.

If adding Memphis' pick and/or rights to Tomic get it done, it would be a dream come true.

But doubt that it's likely will ever happen. Fans can dream though, right?

How is it that we've passed around enough Kool Aid to believe that trading Andrei for Yao is a "risk"?

What does it take to get Yao?
Would love to rip this idea but dwill#1 already took care of that, and since you asked a serious question I'll give you a serious answer.
Any deal for Yao would have to start with this guy:
deron-williams.jpg