What's new

What happens when Trump loses?

What happens?

• Small scale civil disturbances, last 24-48 hours, life goes back to normal

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Large scale rioting, January 6th but worse , attacks on government building and democrats

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Right wing terror attacks

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Nothing happens business as usual

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Trump accepts defeat exits political stage

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trump accepts defeat promises to run again

• Trump claims widespread election fraud and calls for protests

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Trump claims election was stolen calls for violence

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Other leading Republicans call for unity

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Other leading Republicans support Trumps Claims

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Does Trump start his own political party

• Total voters

Rubashov

2019 Award Winner
So Trump is looking and acting more and more like a loser. So it has me thinking what happens if he loses? Will there be violence? Will he claim the election is stolen? Will he accept defeat? Will he run again? What happens to the the Republican Party?

For me there is no way he goes quietly, there will be violence. I also think Trump will run again, there's no way he gives up the money that his personality cult generates. What I'm not decided on is if he tries to split the republican Party?

I voted

Trump claims widespread election fraud and calls for protests​

Nothing happens business as usual​

I think after this loss no one will care about him. I think a few congress people and governors are going to get surprise losses on the R side and the blame will be on Trump, even though it will actually be because of Roe V Wade.

If he loses he'll do what he did last time, try to overthrow it any way he can.

So Trump is looking and acting more and more like a loser. So it has me thinking what happens if he loses? Will there be violence? Will he claim the election is stolen? Will he accept defeat? Will he run again? What happens to the the Republican Party?

For me there is no way he goes quietly, there will be violence. I also think Trump will run again, there's no way he gives up the money that his personality cult generates. What I'm not decided on is if he tries to split the republican Party?

It's not about money, it's about feeding his narcissism. Whatever happens he will continue to feed the beast. Prison could be a starvation diet.

I'm surprised that out of 13 votes I'm the only one who voted that he'll call for violence. Seems obvious he'll go deeper than last time, especially with a decent chance of prison on the line. Of course he'll do it in his typical way but the Trumptards will probably engage in violence of some sort.

Last edited:
I'm surprised that out of 13 votes I'm the only one who voted that he'll call for violence. Seems obvious he'll go deeper than last time, especially with a decent chance of prison on the line. Of course he'll do it in his typical way but the Trumptards will probably engage in violence of some sort.
I voted for that as well. I think we see jan 6th but worse. Cults don't die quietly. They take cyanide and force their children to do the same. Or they lash out. I think you'll see Trump call for violence (please remember he actually did this last time no fewer than twice during his speech and at least once on social media during the actual attack), I think you'll see some riots and attacks on dems and government buildings, I think you'll see scattered terror attacks by the likes of the white supremacists which trump will later praise, and I think you will see prominent Republican leaders stand behind their Führer. This will not go quietly or easily. Everyone underestimate the power of self-disenfranchised people in large numbers given a cause. It'll get way worse before it gets better.

What happens to the Republican Party when he loses?
Eventually it finds a new equilibrium. The biggest threat we are facing is that Donald wins. That happens and all bets are off. Donald loses and we are somewhere been Jan 6th and maybe 1/8 of the way to actual real full-blown civil war, which then gets put down, and life generally continues. The old ****ing White supremacist core of the maga movement (note that the majority of people voting for Trump were over age 40 and the biggest proportion of that was over 55 iirc) ages out of relevancy and dies off and the party finds a new balance. Hopefully.

Of course there will literally always be racists. Worse than ****-house rats and 50x as hard to eradicate. We can only hope that we never see a surge of them together like this again.

Although realistically, at some point, we probably will.

Prediction for after Trump loses election:

Trump will be sentenced to prison.
Executive Orders will be extensively used to circumvent the people's democratically elected representatives.
No GOP politician will win a nationwide election, nor statewide elections in enough states that the DNC will establish perpetual majority status in the Senate.
Surveillance of the American people by the American government will increase substantially.
The fertility rate will crater.

Executive Orders will be extensively used to circumvent the people's democratically elected representatives.
No GOP politician will win a nationwide election, nor statewide elections in enough states that the DNC will establish perpetual majority status in the Senate.
Surveillance of the American people by the American government will increase substantially.

Yep, definitely a trumper.
Think anything good could happen in America with a trump loss? lol.

No trump as president = disaster lol.

Maybe the GOP will go back to not being insane and present the American people with a candidate that is actually a decent'ish human being for people to vote for.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Honestly I think it will be a close election and could go either way. Both candidates have a fair chance at winning.
Yep, just like basically every election. When there are 2 parties and the country is pretty split between the two and people vote for party more than country or candidate then the elections will always be pretty close.

One thing I hope for after Trump loses is that a lot of his clueless base just stops voting.”the forgotten man” needs to remain forgotten. Their participation in democracy just isn’t wanted. They’re angry, vulgar, and just clueless.

I want everyone who desires to vote to have a right to vote. But we definitely need better more inform voters. Those who think Trump is somehow an anti elitist who is saving the world from child sex predators can just stay at home and watch reruns of Matlock on tv. Let the real adults make decisions for our society.

One thing I hope for after Trump loses is that a lot of his clueless base just stops voting.”the forgotten man” needs to remain forgotten. Their participation in democracy just isn’t wanted. They’re angry, vulgar, and just clueless.

I want everyone who desires to vote to have a right to vote. But we definitely need better more inform voters. Those who think Trump is somehow an anti elitist who is saving the world from child sex predators can just stay at home and watch reruns of Matlock on tv. Let the real adults make decisions for our society.
You desperately need to watch the video I posted in the other thread. This kind of dismissive attitude toward the "forgotten man" is part of what has created the block that would vote a Trump into office. There was a time when the Democrats weren't just "leftists" but actually were the party of the common man. A common perception anymore is that they are the party of the intellectual and left elites who think the common man are now rubes and uneducated trash. No wonder they won't vote blue any more.

Oh goodie
Gerrymandering going away? I can't wait.
How can it be increased? It's already maxed out
Only if you intend to keep the immigrants out!

You desperately need to watch the video I posted in the other thread. This kind of dismissive attitude toward the "forgotten man" is part of what has created the block that would vote a Trump into office.

Yes.

There was a time when the Democrats weren't just "leftists" but actually were the party of the common man. A common perception anymore is that they are the party of the intellectual and left elites who think the common man are now rubes and uneducated trash. No wonder they won't vote blue any more.

Sorry, I take issue with your use of leftists. Democrats are a center-right neo-liberal party with an obvious bias towards corporatism and free market values. They are elites and they are liberals, but they are not leftists. We don't have a leftist, anti-capitalist party. We don't even have a Socdem labor party.

The values the democratic party holds won't allow them to do things that would significantly better the lives of the common man, You have to go full pro-worker and pro-labor and show them with policies that work. To capture the imagination of these people you have to advocate for their interests.

Naturally, some of them will still go red because there is a whole media apparatus across the spectrum that has convinced them to advocate and vote against their own self-interest.

Yes.

Sorry, I take issue with your use of leftists. Democrats are a center-right neo-liberal party with an obvious bias towards corporatism and free market values. They are elites and they are liberals, but they are not leftists. We don't have a leftist, anti-capitalist party. We don't even have a Socdem labor party.

The values the democratic party holds won't allow them to do things that would significantly better the lives of the common man, You have to go full pro-worker and pro-labor and show them with policies that work. To capture the imagination of these people you have to advocate for their interests.

Naturally, some of them will still go red because there is a whole media apparatus across the spectrum that has convinced them to advocate and vote against their own self-interest.
Hence "leftist" being in quotes as that is to emphasize the current perception among those who feel disenfranchised by the current iteration of the Democratic party, and not reflect the actual stance of most Democrats.

Hence "leftist" being in quotes as that is to emphasize the current perception among those who feel disenfranchised by the current iteration of the Democratic party, and not reflect the actual stance of most Democrats.

Oh okay. that small correction is not directed at you then.

I'm going to piggy back your post further.

DJT says stuff like "The American dream is dead" which is totally and painfully true for a lot of these people, and a lot of the current working class. He speaks directly to their pain, while democrats for the past two decades or so will be like "look the stock market is going up" and "hey more jobs created this month" but to people who are struggling to survive, this means nothing.

Unfortunately, DJT just used this righteous anger rhetoric to gain voters and then turn around and further bury these people which is especially ****ed up. Governors like Walz and Beshear have shown that a labor-forward campaign and governance can win over these people.

Back