What's new

What if Utah has a better record than Boston next year?!

Beantown

Assuming the Crowder trade goes down...

So it's not likely (Even though Kevin Pelton wrote about the Celtics marginal improvement with Haywood)

But for fun... can we imagine the fun of it actually happening?!

1. Boston media would be calling for Ainge/Haywood's head

2. Bill Simmons would retire

3. Robyn would leave Gordon

4. Stevens get's fired

5. Tatum demands a trade

Maybe it's not out of the realm of possibilities:

-Crowder get those Rubio dimes and is candidate for MIP

-Favors/Burks return to form

-Gobert, Exum, Hood take the next step forward

-Rubio leads the league in assists and shoots a respectable percentage

-Jazz get a little help with Isaiah's nagging hip injury and Haywood gets a scalp infection from too much hair gel

I believe in miracles.

Unlikely since the West is so stacked and 52/82 games are against the West. The more interesting questions to me are what if the Celtics don't win more than 1 game in a series against LeBron?! What if Horford and Thomas start declining because of injuries and age?

West is too tough. Hayward was scared to get made a fool by Jimmy Butler and Paul George more than twice a year.

Who are the other good (read: not terrible) teams in the east?

Cavs
Raptors
Wizards
Bucks
Heat?

And who are the bad teams in the west?

Suns
Lakers
Kings
Mavericks

They could be a much worse team than us, and still have a better record out there.

Yea the stacked West makes this impossible probably. Would need some major injuries to Boston.

The funny thing is that the West being stacked also means that tanking will be much easier here than in the East, which likely will result in the top picks in the draft will remain here if any team (yes Phoenix, I am looking at you) want to tank.

I doubt we have a better record playing in the West - almost impossible - but I think we could still end up with the better team.

I understand the need for positivism, but we need to stop blowing loads over Mitchell in two summer league games. I seem to remember Mo Almond knockin' everyone dead back when too.

I mean, sure let's just let the sweet warm wash of death roll over us then.

You have to remember that we won 51 games in the West with more injuries to our top 7 players than any other team in the league besides 1 if I recall. So, give us a healthy year, a pissed off group, Mitchell and Gay/Crowder replacing Mack and Hagwood...

Who knows...

I believe in DL, QUIN, the system, and I also believe in Karma. We are due some really good Karma at this point. Perhaps the system made Gordon better than he is? Perhaps the system helps a guy like Crowder shine more than he has...

Plus Mitchell getting major burn because he turns out so good, potential ROY candidate?

Gobert - in the running for DPOY
Exum - in the running for MIP
Mitchell - in the running for ROY
Snyder - in the running for COY

Not likely.

I'm curious to see what Hayward looks like when he doesn't have Rudy setting picks for him and secondary facilitators and shooters spacing the floor for him. It's easier to succeed as a player when you're the center of the team's universe. What made Hayward unique was his ability to play in the pick-and-roll as a 6'8" wing. In Boston, it's not clear who he's going to do that with. They don't have that roll man right now.

Remember how good Deron Williams looked when he had the right talent and system built around him. When he lost that his production and efficiency declined. Let's see if something similar happens with Hayward, or if he can really keep ascending.

Not likely.

I'm curious to see what Hayward looks like when he doesn't have Rudy setting picks for him and secondary facilitators and shooters spacing the floor for him. It's easier to succeed as a player when you're the center of the team's universe. What made Hayward unique was his ability to play in the pick-and-roll as a 6'8" wing. In Boston, it's not clear who he's going to do that with. They don't have that roll man right now.

Remember how good Deron Williams looked when he had the right talent and system built around him. When he lost that his production and efficiency declined. Let's see if something similar happens with Hayward, or if he can really keep ascending.

Isn't Al Horford a good pick and roll guy?

If Jazz can add Crowder and Olynyk maybe they can repeat last year if everything goes right?

If Jazz can add Crowder and Olynyk maybe they can repeat last year if everything goes right?

The rumor is Indiana stretched out Monta Ellis so they could offer KO at 15 million a year deal, or at least that is what I heard yesterday.

We'll see. He didn't do it all that much last year. I wouldn't say he's an elite roll man.

Definitely not elite. Still odd that Boston's two max guys are Haywood and Horford and the city is acting like they are guarenteed a ring.

I feel like Boston would have been less excited last year if they got Durant.