What's new

What is going on!

Benny17976

Hi all. I'm a Utah fan from Australia. Been reading these forums for a while now & thought l'd put my two bits worth in as l've been frustrated as hell with what's going on in SLC. I think whats happening & everyone's frustrations are the result of a number of things. Firstly, the coach - Ty seems to have it all wrong. His P/T allocations, his actions towards players in particular the developing ones & quite simply a terrible night in, night out game plan! These young guys namely Gordon, Derrick, Enes, Alec, Jeremy as myself & most of you agree are the guys in this next 3-5 year window (along with other draft picks or trades) who should turn this team into a supposed championship contender in this timeframe. These are the guys who will probably still be on the roster & hopefully have developed there games to the points needed to compete with the best night in & night out. Currently, there miles from this mark & there development is suffering big time for a number of reasons:
1) To develop these guys you need a few key ingredients:

Good coach who can develop these guys game on the practice court & then provide them with decent P/T to fully develop these new skills because thats where they are going to get maximum impact in real time situations. But for this to happen you need a coach who is going to provide encouragement to the guys when there on court to experiment with new skills as this is the only way they will learn & gain confidence. Unfortunately if your names not Al or Paul you're pretty stuffed because you've had a fear instilled of playing your natural game & naturally making mistakes & ultimately a withdrawal in doing the things you need to do to improve. Unfortunately, giving it to Al or Paul along with a license to do what they like with it, is detrimental to this team & its young personnel development. These guys need P/T crucially to improve quickly to the potential alot of them have & Ty just doesn't seem to be a good fit with these young guys or there development. We know these young guys can play, but they don't get the playing time or "license to try" they need to develop the two C's - Consistency or Confidence. He's either got to change his coaching philosophy & approach or he has to go. I believe he has the ability to change the way he approaches the team & game but whether it happens or not remains to be seen. So far l've been left doubting.

AJ never was, never has been & never will be a franchise player. He is not the player to carry this team on his back & to rely on in clutch situations on offense & defense to make smart basketball decisions & either involve himself or team mates when it's all on the line. He thinks he can carry the team & should get the ball to make the crucial play without the need of the other 4 guys on the court to help & sorry to say he can nowhere near deliver! There's only a handful of clutch players in this league who can be relied upon more often than not to come up with something when it matters most & he will never be one of these guys. He's hindering development & truth be told is not going to be there in 3-5 years time if & when this team reaches a contending phase. Plain & simple - he's gotta go now or at the end of the year as the development of our young guys is delayed the longer he spends on this team.

Point guard is a big problem that needs to be addressed as this is another big issue with this current ball club. We have nobody who can do a good enough job at distributing the basketball, penetrating, making a big bucket or making a play for a team mate when the other team gets hot, not to mention defend his opponent with any real intent or heart. With the tools at this teams disposal in the forseeable future, it's crucial to get a player who brings these attributes to the team, especially ball distribution cause if these young guys are given the development & support needed to "go for it" they will each develop & become confident in there own moves, patterns and skills & getting the pill to them where they do there best work is going to be high on the list. Everyone has off nights, but limiting these will really improve this team ten-fold. Can't say what they should do with Devin or Earl but these aren't the guys to work with our young talent & develop them & don't know enough about the guys coming out of college to comment on that. What l can say is somebody in the mould of a Steve Nash or Rajon Rondo would be a good fit with this team now & into the future. Basketball smarts has to be at the top of the list & these guys have it in buckets! They know where their team mates excel best & can get them the ball in the spot alot more often & regularly come up with big plays both on O & D when needed.

Veteran Presence is of obvious importance & this is where guys like Paul (who will bust his ***, would be a great compliment to the young guys in 3 years time, who cares more about his team than himself & who has achieved more thru hard work & effort than anybody would have imagined), Raja (though he won't be around then but short-term yes) can provide the lead by example attitude & both on & off court level headed presence that takes young guys a while to develop. I see this as very important in the next 3 years. These two play hard (most of the time) & you have to bring this attitude night in night out to be competitive with the best & ready every time you step on the court.

I guess my thoughts are in-line with most other fans on here, just thought l'd add a slightly more in-depth opinion. It seems like the Jazz is stuffed in alot of areas right now & perhaps they are. Unfortunately they all can't be fixed up in one go, but they can be fixed if the right approach is taken by the right people. Lets hope a step in the right direction happens soon for everyone's sake & l hope you enjoy reading. Share your thoughts!

"What l can say is somebody in the mould of a Steve Nash or Rajon Rondo would be a good fit with this team now & into the future."

If you can figure out a way to get either of those guys without sacrificing the future or breaking the young core I'd love to hear it.

"What l can say is somebody in the mould of a Steve Nash or Rajon Rondo would be a good fit with this team now & into the future."

If you can figure out a way to get either of those guys without sacrificing the future or breaking the young core I'd love to hear it.

Did you miss that part? He is not advocating for Steve Nash or Rajon Rondo themselves.

Where are Steve Nash & Rondo clones readily available?

No one ever said they were but that is still clearly what he was saying. Personally I am not a fan of Rondo but would not mind a Rondo type player. Rondo himself seems like a punk.

If we can only get an All-star pg or even a HofF pg we might get better?

I never said it did not sound funny only that he was not saying Nash and Rondo themselves. That's it. no hidden message or deeper meaning.

Where are Steve Nash & Rondo clones readily available?

Well obviously you don't buy them off a rack. And the closest thing i have seen to clones in the NBA were the identical twins that played for Phoenix some years back. What i'm trying to say is everyone's different to
some degree, but people who will be as great as Nash or Rondo or whoever are out there. They are hiding in the same types of places that Nash and Rondo used to be ( Canada /UK/anywhere ). Benny the Aussie has it just right, we
need to find, identify and create or own Nash/Rondo. I know, much easier said than done. But it has the advantage that when they do emerge they emerge as young players with no miles on them. That's why i simply
don't advocate trying to purchase through trade or FA a Nash or a Rondo. Sometimes you just need to get lucky as in "lucky draft pick". It's not quite the science (drafting) that some make it out. I would look for
great attitude and hard workers that want to be great players rather than sheer talent.

Nobody is making clones. The rumors you heard are false. Here at Prescott Pharmaceuticals we follow the most stringent of bioethics policies.

Sieg Heil.

I like posts like these. Some would say I'm a wit connoisseur.

No! Sorry, only one per customer/lifetime.

Good since I have not filled my order I'd like to say F basketball guy clones.

I just cannot decide which brunette I want:

Jessica Alba
Jessica Biel
Kate Beckinsale

you can get good point guards without breaking the bank...
many mid to late first rounders turn into very good point guards, like what's his name, Stockton somethin'...
but you've got to help them develop their skills, the job isn't done once you get them.

Forget the point guard issue -- we don't have a good one and we are unlikely to get one until next season. Instead we should focus on the problem that can be solved now: Kanter's, Burks's and Favors's playing time.

We have all read and spoken about how the cancelled summer league and abbreviated training camp have stunted our young players' development. We've also heard that the compressed schedule just doesn't give the team much time to practice. So what is left? Well, you can either give them pt in the game for on-the-job training or you trash 1/4th of their contract and let them rot on the bench.

Apparently Ty has chosen to let them rot. In fact, the only adjustment he is considering is moving Howard into the starting lineup and benching Hayward.

Forget the point guard issue -- we don't have a good one and we are unlikely to get one until next. Instead we should focus on the problem that can be solved now: Kanter's, Burks's and Favors's playing time.

We have all read and spoken about how the cancelled summer league and abbreviated training camp have stunted our young players' development. We've also heard that the compressed schedule just doesn't give the team much time to practice. So what is left? Well, you can either give them pt in the game for on-the-job training or you trash 1/4th of their contract and let them rot on the bench.

Apparently Ty has chosen to let them rot. In fact, the only adjustment he is considering is moving Howard into the starting lineup and benching Hayward.

I disagree with "ignoring" a problem. It may not be your primary focus but ignoring them never helps anything. I think you meant something along those lines but just worded it poorly.