What's new

What is Wrong with Quin

Gobert is a complete liability against a small ball line up. We know this and have known it for years. We must find someone to play center when a team goes small

How long does it take for him to realize he needs to take out Gobert and play small ball?
He was never that great. Was good in regular season and bombed in college during March Madness as we. It's his Blueprint. You can't win just being 3 point team because it changes in playoffs and people been saying this all year and Jazz fans didn't want to hear it. I was told I'm not a Jazz fan since I said it. Just being truthful!

Gobert is a complete liability against a small ball line up. We know this and have known it for years. We must find someone to play center when a team goes small
And like those nuggets games in close out games when team actually start Ding up Mitchell he throws it away and takes bad shots..

except we don't have the five guys needed to play small?

cuz DL decided to tripled down on fourth string center and small shooting guards who can't guard a chair, instead of finding him the necessary personnel like long 3D wings and mobile forwards that can fit into a small ball lineup.

He was never that great. Was good in regular season and bombed in college during March Madness as we. It's his Blueprint. You can't win just being 3 point team because it changes in playoffs and people been saying this all year and Jazz fans didn't want to hear it. I was told I'm not a Jazz fan since I said it. Just being truthful!
He's supposed to be smart. Why didn't he adjust to the small ball, even before this game. And Gobert is really soft. How many times did he lose ball on passes to him or get the ball stripped from him when he should've had the rebound?

Like Quin so far has tried Niang, Oni, Forrest and all three of them have sucked balls. And those guys are considered the better performers for us during the regular season.

But sure, it's definitely his fault for not trying Ersan, Morgan, Doke, Hughes and Thomas cuz you know? Those scrubs who sucked in the regular season are just saving their gas for the ultimate big stage to take over in what is considered as our biggest game in playoffs.

Unlike Oni or Brantley, Mann actually showed up during the regular season and played well enough to convince Lue to give him a chance to fill in for Kawhi despite being their eighth or ninth man in the rotation for most of the season.

Oni and Brantley just never looked like legit NBA players in any serious NBA minutes(call them the king of garbage time or whatever) but Quin has to keep playing them cuz there just aren't any better competitions. And that is on the FO.

Last edited:
Like Quin so far has tried Niang, Oni, Forrest and all three of them have sucked balls. And those guys are considered the better performers for us during the regular season.

But sure, it's definitely his fault for not trying Ersan, Morgan, Doke, Hughes and Thomas cuz you know? Those scrubs who sucked in the regular season are just saving their gas for the ultimate big stage to take over in what is considered as our biggest game in playoffs.
The Clippers were constantly getting wide open threes from the corner because of Rudy standing in the paint. It would've better to have Niang or Ersan playing and actually guarding someone. I had a feeling they were going to blow it when the Clips started to come back, thanks to couple of flubs by Gobert.

His coaching was about as bad as I've ever seen.

He's brilliant at creating a system, but absolutely brutal with adjustments and rotations.

His coaching was about as bad as I've ever seen.

He's brilliant at creating a system, but absolutely brutal with adjustments and rotations.
So true. It's so frustrating to sit there and watch the Clippers continually making wide open 3's and Quin doing NOTHING to stop it.

I said it in the game day thread but he's become far too stubborn in his ways. He used to be far more innovative and more lenient. Now it's all by the book.

I guess he was afraid of taking his star player off the court and making him mad. I'm afraid it may have cost him his job. Rudy got absolutely cooked that entire second half. Damn near every 3 pointer they made was Rudy's guy.

It would've better to have Niang or Ersan playing and actually guarding someone.
except that sounds like an awful idea?

we all saw how awful Niang's defense was all series long. And when has Ersan's defense ever helped his team win? Not in his prime. and certainly not in his age 35 season.

Look, we all know what exact adjustment is needed to help the Jazz take the next step. EVERYONE knows cuz it's been like this three years in a row now. but it would be nice to actually give your coach the necessary personnel to make that adjustment possible instead of wishful thinking