What's new

What MLE's can we pick up?

homeytennis

I'm assuming the Jazz chances of getting a glitzy free agent are slim and none. That leaves the the mid level exception crowd meaning players like Booker. Who will be out there that could help us?

You're assuming wrong, this franchise is becoming a very attractive destination for players right now bud

You're assuming wrong, this franchise is becoming a very attractive destination for players right now bud

Ok, so who is coming to Utah and at what price? Do you have any understanding of Utah's financial situation and what it would take to sign a top FA?

Why MLE? Doesn't the Jazz have more than 5m in cap space?

I'm thinking if we get some other team's free agent it will be at the price of Booker per year and not much more.

The MLE allows you to sign a player for up to 5m (or something like that) if you're over the cap. It doesn't mean "players who don't make a lot of money".

I predict the Jazz will keep Booker, bring over Tomic, and sign nobody of note.

I'm thinking if we get some other team's free agent it will be at the price of Booker per year and not much more.

MLE stands for mid-level exception though, and Utah won't have that exception because they have cap space. I think you just mean players that are mid-level free agents. Also, I think there's a good chance Utah uses their cap space by making a trade where they take back more salary than they send out. If not, I wouldn't mind Utah signing someone like Andre Miller.

The MLE allows you to sign a player for up to 5m (or something like that) if you're over the cap. It doesn't mean "players who don't make a lot of money".

When Bargs show up in a Jazz uni do not get to upset. :)

I think I could see the Jazz do, an underrated move because of there beefed up scouting department. Anyways go Jazz!!

Just looking...what do you guys feel about adding

Marco Belinelli? adds scoring to bench and a decent 3 point shooter. Brings some playoff experience from playing with the Bulls and Spurs.

Jazz bring over Tomic
Jazz keep Booker
Jazz trade up in the draft
Jazz trade Burke for another vet PG that better fits the team

Outside chance that the Jazz trade Burke and assets for a SG and sign an average vet PG in FA.