What's new

What time do you wake up in the morning?

Keefe

And with that, at what time do you have to be at your job? And how many hours of sleep do you average per night?

On average I get up at 5:15am. I take an hour to get ready (do my stretching, core, shower, etc) and then leave for a commute and sadly stop at Dunkin usually to get to work at 7am. My school day starts at 7:55am but I like to get there a little earlier than I need and prep for the day.

I wake up at 6:30am. I have to be in front of a laptop on a teams meeting at 8am. After that I can kind of leave to whatever calls I have to take care of when I'm ready, but the sooner I take care of the calls and whatnot the sooner I can come home.

In the past I would generally wake up 2hrs before I had to leave for work. I wake up, make coffee, casually catch up on the news while I drink my coffee. Once the coffee does it's thing I poop, then shower, then dress, brush teeth, etc. Leave for work with enough time to get there with about 10 min to spare.

Working nights was a lot different because I would just wake up whenever I woke up and usually have 3-4hrs at least before I had to be to work.

I shoot for going to bed at 10pm but usually don't go to be much later than 11pm. I'm big on having close to 8hrs of time to sleep.

Most of the year I get up at 5:30 M-F. exercise, shower, and make breakfast (2 poached eggs, Malt-O-Meal with blueberries and spices). Works starts at 8, so I'll head upstairs at about 7:45. During summer session, I skip the exercise and wake up at 6. Either way I get about 7 hours of sleep during the week. sometimes as much as 8 on the weekends.

I get home from work close to midnight and usually get to sleep by 12:30. Wake up at about 8 (so about 7.5 hours of sleep) and then dont have to leave for work until 12:30 pm. On my days off I stay up till about 1 or 1:30 am and still wake up around 8 am so i get a little less sleep on my days off. Plus I usually party pretty hard on my days off so the sleep is of less quality.

I get up around seven, get outta bed around nine.

Damn, ya'll get up way before you go to work. I need to be to work usually around 9:30/10. I have two offices one 3 min away, one about 30 min away. I wake up at about 9. If its the close office I relax, eat, drink coffee, eat breakfast. If its the far office, then I rush a little faster and get over there. I am late a lot of days because I know my boss will be later and I dont need to be there for anything in the morning. I go to bed about 1ish. The weekends depending on work are much different I stay up later and sleep in. I go out every weekend for something. I also go out Wednesday and usually one other day, sometimes more.

If I have to work earlier for some reason I give myself 10 minutes to get ready and the amount of time to get where I need to go.

Damn, ya'll get up way before you go to work. I need to be to work usually around 9:30/10. I have two offices one 3 min away, one about 30 min away. I wake up at about 9. If its the close office I relax, eat, drink coffee, eat breakfast. If its the far office, then I rush a little faster and get over there. I am late a lot of days because I know my boss will be later and I dont need to be there for anything in the morning. I go to bed about 1ish. The weekends depending on work are much different I stay up later and sleep in. I go out every weekend for something. I also go out Wednesday and usually one other day, sometimes more.

If I have to work earlier for some reason I give myself 10 minutes to get ready and the amount of time to get where I need to go.
That is how I will be when im on dayshift. When you start work at 1pm its just different. No way I can sleep until 12:20 pm or something.

That is how I will be when im on dayshift. When you start work at 1pm its just different. No way I can sleep until 12:20 pm or something.
Yeah, strange shift starting times through everything off. I havent done one in a few years but they are rough. I hated that swing shift, especially when I was younger. I felt like I missed everything and the only free time I had was a weird time of day in the late morning where all I can do is be lazy.

I really value my time in the morning. I've been getting up about 2hrs before I have to leave since I was in middle school.

I wake up at 6am, I usually get to work around 7am.

I typically go to sleep around 11pm, so 7hrs. I do have a sleeping disorder though, so I often get much less sleep than that.

Yeah, strange shift starting times through everything off. I havent done one in a few years but they are rough. I hated that swing shift, especially when I was younger. I felt like I missed everything and the only free time I had was a weird time of day in the late morning where all I can do is be lazy.

Nailed it.
Thank god i go to day shift soon

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Ok fuh-rill though (that was pure Utahn...had to throw that in there), I get up every single morning, Mon-Fri, at 4:50 am. I leave the house by 5:15 am and get to work by around 6-6:15. I plug my car in and go to work. I generally work a 10 hour day, so I leave around 4. If things are flowing well I can get out at 9 hours. I don't really ever take a lunch, too much to do and I don't like eating during the day, makes me feel sluggish. My commute home tends to be in the hour and a half range, so leave at 4, get home at 5:30. 12 hours round trip, commute included, every day. If things at work are rough it can easily morph into 12 hour or longer days. That sucks.

I try to get to bed at a commensurate time, like 8:30 or 9 or so, but I am a chronic insomniac with issues getting to sleep, so it is common for me to get to sleep around midnight on good nights, sometimes as late as 1 or 2, then back up again at 4:50, every day. Very rarely I have the all-nighter, when I just cannot sleep no matter what. AJR has that nailed down in their song "Way Less Sad"...

Well, I can't fall asleep and I'm losin' my mind
'Cause it's half-past three and my brain's on fire
I've been countin' sheep but the sheep all died
And I'm tryin' too hard but I can't not try
Well, I can't fall asleep and I'm losin' my mind
'Cause it's half-past three and my brain's on fire (brain's on fire)
I've been countin' sheep but the sheep all died
And I'm not dead yet, so I guess I'll be alright

The part about trying to hard but I can't not try is 100% spot on. Although I have taught myself to get up if I can't get to sleep within a half hour. Get out of bed, do something else, only go back when I feel like I am nodding off. I try to keep good bedtime habits but it often doesn't matter. Sleep comes when it wants to, not when I want it to.

When I was younger the short hours of sleep didn't affect me as much, but into my 50's I am really feeling it. I used to have an hour maybe of sluggishness if I had short sleep and then was fine, but recently, read: in the last year or 2, I feel it well into mid-day. I avoid caffeine as I want to give myself the best chance I have to get to sleep at night, but on days like that I usually sip a red bull or monster or something for the first half of the day. Because I don't do much caffeine as it is, it tends to give me a real crash if I drink it all at once, so I space it out and it is a little better. That at least gets me through and I try not to have any at all for a full 8 hours before I go to bed.

One scary thing recently is that my percocet has been causing me sleep disruption. This is common in long-term users, but I had largely avoided it until the last year or so. It causes my brain to fire in weird ways and I end up in this strange limbo thing where I am not really asleep and not really awake. I lie there for a couple hours this way usually then just get up and say, **** it, another night with no sleep.

Interestingly the best things I have found for sleep aids before bed are chamomile tea and valerian root. Valerian has been very effective without leaving me with medicine-head the next day. This is the one I use, one capsule maybe an hour before bedtime.

Amazon product ASIN B00014HN14View: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00014HN14?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

And for pain, kratom has been an absolute god-send. When my pain is moderate, I take a measured dose of kratom extract and it is every bit as effective as a percocet. It is crazy. And it has fewer side-effects for me. When the pain is severe I still need the percocet to really make a dent, but maybe 70% of the time kratom does the job just as well. The problem it, it is expensive. I found a place to get it online and it costs me about $13 per bottle of extract. It is actually supposed to be a "shot" of it, like a 5 hour energy, but I take about 1/3 of it because I am looking for pain control, not to get high. Although it does that as well. I wish they would do more research on kratom. They have found it can cause liver damage, I think, so they really just stopped working on it, although there are a few groups out there taking a look at it. But for me it has been a miracle, kid you not. My dr hasn't had an issue with me using kratom as long as I stick to the same source and control dosage. He has done blood work on me a few times since I have started and everything looks fine, so, so far so good.

I know this thread wasn't necessarily for this kind of thing, but I feel it is all related.

I normally wake up around 12, sometimes later, knock the top off it, pop the coffee on, breakfast around 1pm, then watch a bit of tellie, do **** all, maybe sort through my work emails, hit the shower around 2, get to work around half 2. knock off at 11, get to the pub around 12, have a couple of pints and get home around half 2 or 3am... Its a full day...

I’m up around 7 every morning. Make breakfast for the kids and myself. Spend some time with them before I go to work. In the shower around 8:30. Leave the house around 8:50 and arrive at work at 9:15. Normally get off around 4:30 or 4:45. Get home at 5 or 5:15. Normally go to bed around 11 or 12. When kids are both down by 8 it is relaxation time from 8-11 or so. Watch TV, post on here, spend time with the wife. My day is non-stop during the week for sure.

Ok fuh-rill though (that was pure Utahn...had to throw that in there), I get up every single morning, Mon-Fri, at 4:50 am. I leave the house by 5:15 am and get to work by around 6-6:15. I plug my car in and go to work. I generally work a 10 hour day, so I leave around 4. If things are flowing well I can get out at 9 hours. I don't really ever take a lunch, too much to do and I don't like eating during the day, makes me feel sluggish. My commute home tends to be in the hour and a half range, so leave at 4, get home at 5:30. 12 hours round trip, commute included, every day. If things at work are rough it can easily morph into 12 hour or longer days. That sucks.

I try to get to bed at a commensurate time, like 8:30 or 9 or so, but I am a chronic insomniac with issues getting to sleep, so it is common for me to get to sleep around midnight on good nights, sometimes as late as 1 or 2, then back up again at 4:50, every day. Very rarely I have the all-nighter, when I just cannot sleep no matter what. AJR has that nailed down in their song "Way Less Sad"...

The part about trying to hard but I can't not try is 100% spot on. Although I have taught myself to get up if I can't get to sleep within a half hour. Get out of bed, do something else, only go back when I feel like I am nodding off. I try to keep good bedtime habits but it often doesn't matter. Sleep comes when it wants to, not when I want it to.

When I was younger the short hours of sleep didn't affect me as much, but into my 50's I am really feeling it. I used to have an hour maybe of sluggishness if I had short sleep and then was fine, but recently, read: in the last year or 2, I feel it well into mid-day. I avoid caffeine as I want to give myself the best chance I have to get to sleep at night, but on days like that I usually sip a red bull or monster or something for the first half of the day. Because I don't do much caffeine as it is, it tends to give me a real crash if I drink it all at once, so I space it out and it is a little better. That at least gets me through and I try not to have any at all for a full 8 hours before I go to bed.

One scary thing recently is that my percocet has been causing me sleep disruption. This is common in long-term users, but I had largely avoided it until the last year or so. It causes my brain to fire in weird ways and I end up in this strange limbo thing where I am not really asleep and not really awake. I lie there for a couple hours this way usually then just get up and say, **** it, another night with no sleep.

Interestingly the best things I have found for sleep aids before bed are chamomile tea and valerian root. Valerian has been very effective without leaving me with medicine-head the next day. This is the one I use, one capsule maybe an hour before bedtime.

Amazon product ASIN B00014HN14View: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00014HN14?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

And for pain, kratom has been an absolute god-send. When my pain is moderate, I take a measured dose of kratom extract and it is every bit as effective as a percocet. It is crazy. And it has fewer side-effects for me. When the pain is severe I still need the percocet to really make a dent, but maybe 70% of the time kratom does the job just as well. The problem it, it is expensive. I found a place to get it online and it costs me about $13 per bottle of extract. It is actually supposed to be a "shot" of it, like a 5 hour energy, but I take about 1/3 of it because I am looking for pain control, not to get high. Although it does that as well. I wish they would do more research on kratom. They have found it can cause liver damage, I think, so they really just stopped working on it, although there are a few groups out there taking a look at it. But for me it has been a miracle, kid you not. My
I know this thread wasn't necessarily for this kind of thing, but I feel it is all related.
I’m up around 7 every morning. Make breakfast for the kids and myself. Spend some time with them before I go to work. In the shower around 8:30. Leave the house around 8:50 and arrive at work at 9:15. Normally get off around 4:30 or 4:45. Get home at 5 or 5:15. Normally go to bed around 11 or 12. When kids are both down by 8 it is relaxation time from 8-11 or so. Watch TV, post on here, spend time with the wife. My day is non-stop during the week for sure.

All of ours with kids is.