What's new

What to do with AK?

I greatly look forward to a frontcourt of AK-PM-AJ showing the rest of the league--including Chicago's Boozer and a benched Okur--the impact of playing on both sides of the court.

First of all, AJ has never been accused of playing well on BOTH ends of the court.
And a 6-8 Millsap/6-10 Jefferson are even a smaller frontcourt pair as compared to a 6-9 Boozer/6-11 Okur. Considering how you were bitching about lack of size all last season and Sloan's preference towards a smaller frontcourt, I cant imagine how much your postcount is going to shoot up at the end of this next season. Have some pills ready.

First of all, AJ has never been accused of playing well on BOTH ends of the court.
And a 6-8 Millsap/6-10 Jefferson are even a smaller frontcourt pair as compared to a 6-9 Boozer/6-11 Okur. Considering how you were bitching about lack of size all last season and Sloan's preference towards a smaller frontcourt, I cant imagine how much your postcount is going to shoot up at the end of this next season. Have some pills ready.

I think it'd be hard to play a lot of hard defense if there wasn't a very good chance it would result in a W. For good teams facing other good teams defense often makes all the difference. The Timberwolves were not a good team.

Actually, when it comes to crunch time and you need to make a play whether a steal, block, or score (through assist or 3-pointer), AK has been much more clutch than Boozer. I would say he's the one more liable to win games, not Boozer. Same goes for Okur when you need big shots -- why they call him the "Money Man"

I think it'd be hard to play a lot of hard defense if there wasn't a very good chance it would result in a W. For good teams facing other good teams defense often makes all the difference. The Timberwolves were not a good team.

Not just about playing hard, but having the size, skills and lateral quickness to be able to rotate well and alter shots. Millsap always plays hard but he also always gets killed by Gasol or Odom. Jazz will be even smaller this season on the frontcourt, especially if they plan to bring Okur off the bench. If you are going to play Jefferson and Okur instead at the start and end of games, then you lose on quickness. Is Jefferson mobile enough to handle Odom or Gasol or Nowitzki?

Actually, when it comes to crunch time and you need to make a play whether a steal, block, or score (through assist or 3-pointer), AK has been much more clutch than Boozer. I would say he's the one more liable to win games, not Boozer. Same goes for Okur when you need big shots -- why they call him the "Money Man"
Boozer has won plenty of games for the Jazz. Whether it was a rebound and no look shot at the buzzer, or big baskets with a minute still left on the clock.

You're crazy if you think AK has been a better clutch player. AK hits a big shot every once in a while, but more often than not he misses it. Remember that ridiculous 3 pointer from way behind the line with about 20 seconds left on the shot clock that cost us the game against (I think it was) Cleveland?