What's new

What will return reaction be?

oneye

2018 Award Winner
Donovan’s definitely taking the brunt of fan reaction, whether on here, Twitter, Facebook, wherever. Rudy is pretty clearly going to get a very warm welcome when he returns. I do think it’s more likely than not Donovan is traded before season if we can ever get past this whole KD thing. What fan reaction do each get when they return?

I would cheer really loudly for Rudy. I probably wouldn’t boo Donovan(I might depending on how this goes), but he wouldn’t get a cheer from me either.

I'll cheer for them both... and hope they lose. I think they've both been overall good for Utah. I miss the Donovan who used to just randomly interact with the local communities. I think he's good dude, but is getting caught up in things that are not him at his core. If he stays, I hope he has the maturity to lead... If he leaves, I hope he's as gracious in his departure as Rudy was.

When the truth comes out about everything we'll know. Rudy is loved by the fans who really watch the Jazz. Don was loved. This year alot of us flipped on him. His play and disrespect of Rudy was obvious.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

I'll cheer for them both, while hoping they lose also. It was a fun run and I'm really curious to see how each does under a different setting. If Don ends up in a big market I'll probably hope more success for Rudy but just because I love an underdog.

I wouldn't boo either of them(unless they are shooting an important FT in the clutch, then all bets are off). I would probably applaud both the first time they are back. I might actually cheer for and chant Rudy's name game 1... then back to supporting my team.

i would definitely cheer for them
it is not easy to dedicate yourself all over one team...
and i would applaud for the wonderful moments that donovan brought us
they both deserve a standing ovation
and they are all fabulous jazzmen

Cheer them both. I got no problem with either of them. Definitely have more love for Rudy but I also have lots of love for Donovan.
This. I hope they both see success wherever they go. I really had hoped we would get there with them both here, and it kills me that we lost one of them, and even worse if we are losing both. This was a fun and exciting and enticing era in Jazz basketball, one of the best iterations of the team we have ever had. We just had really ****** FO moves that did nothing to capitalize on having 2 all-nba level talents on the team, and actually dragged us down in lots of ways (Conley trade, Doke pick, etc. etc.).

I am afraid we are heading to 3-5 years of mediocrity, which is worse than being at the bottom, because at least being at the bottom for a year or 2 you have a solid shot at a true game-changer in the draft. Now we will be in the 11-15 range for a few years if they don't move Mitchell, which means we will be counting on striking gold again like we did with both Mitchell and Gobert. And planning on lightning striking twice is a pretty bad plan, even worse hoping for it three times. I sure hope we have more stuff coming, because if we roll with the team as it is right now we are in big trouble and we will Lindsey all over ourselves for the next few years.

People let media dictate how they react. Like with D-Will, Sloan was constantly antagonizing and dictating him, and not letting him run the offense at all. In the end, he was seen as the bad guy who ran Sloan out.

Donovan doesn’t deserve a warm welcome back sorry. Idc about booing him. The reaction should frankly be mundane imo. Nothing either way. Dude has been a totally douche for 3 out of the 5 years he’s been here’s and holds an animosity towards the fanbase.