What's new

What would it take to get Eric Bledsoe?

I'm far more interested in the possibilities of finding a good point guard in next year's draft. A pick at 6 our lower could yield a good talent.

My biggest concern about that is waiting for another 2 or 3 years for a PG from this upcoming draft to be truly ready to help this team out. Bledsoe can do that right now. He is starting to look like the 2nd best PG of that draft right after John Wall and, he is not too far behind Wall.

My biggest concern about that is waiting for another 2 or 3 years for a PG from this upcoming draft to be truly ready to help this team out. Bledsoe can do that right now. He is starting to look like the 2nd best PG of that draft right after John Wall and, he is not too far behind Wall.

So do you think it would be better to try and trade for Bledsoe before his extension deadline closes so the Jazz can try to extend him, or go after him in free agency? In the second option there would obviously be a pretty uncertain PG rotation for next year since the Jazz have 3 PGs on expiring contracts.

So do you think it would be better to try and trade for Bledsoe before his extension deadline closes so the Jazz can try to extend him, or go after him in free agency? In the second option there would obviously be a pretty uncertain PG rotation for next year since the Jazz have 3 PGs on expiring contracts.

I do think that Bledsoe can be a PG that can help the Jazz grow. He is fast, plays good solid defense, can hit the open jumper and seems to have gotten over playing out of control.

I would like to trade for him because you can try and extend him to a decent amount (6 to 8 million a year) before someone on the open market offers something crazy. Anything above 8 million is crazy. I even think that the 6 to 8 mil a year is a little high only because he has not proved to be able to run a team for an entire season. yes, he has done it in flashes here and there but nothing over a 2+ month period of time.

I do think that Bledsoe can be a PG that can help the Jazz grow. He is fast, plays good solid defense, can hit the open jumper and seems to have gotten over playing out of control.

I would like to trade for him because you can try and extend him to a decent amount (6 to 8 million a year) before someone on the open market offers something crazy. Anything above 8 million is crazy. I even think that the 6 to 8 mil a year is a little high only because he has not proved to be able to run a team for an entire season. yes, he has done it in flashes here and there but nothing over a 2+ month period of time.

I like the idea of trading for him and trying to extend him as well. Obviously the earliest that would happen (from the Clippers perspective) is after CP3 re-signs since they'd be crazy to trade Bledsoe before locking up CP3. That would only leave a window of 3.5 months to try and trade for him and sign him to an extension.

Problem with draft a PG this year is that no points are projected above 15.

Yes that is true for now but as the season progresses players start to shine. Maybe it is a freshmen that wasn't scouted very heavy. Maybe someone has a break out year.

I was and am a big Bledsoe fan coming out of school. But trading away Milsap and a good draft pick for him is overpaying. Trading just Paul away for him is too much. I would rather Sign Mo up for a few more years on a reasonable contract and bring in a new kid to learn the NBA game.

Well most likely either Bledsoe or Dragic will be available this summer. Unless that one Burke guy works out.....

I like Bledsoe, and he is doing great. It would have been good to get him for Milsap. But I still have faith in Burke, and think he will be an above average PG. Probably not an all-star, but it takes a lot to be an All-star PG in the west with Paul, Westbrook, Curry, Lillard and Tony Parker. He probably won't score like Bledsoe, but I think he can run a team and make Favors, Kanter, and even Hayward much better than Bledsoe would once he has some time in the league.

I like Bledsoe, and he is doing great. It would have been good to get him for Milsap. But I still have faith in Burke, and think he will be an above average PG. Probably not an all-star, but it takes a lot to be an All-star PG in the west with Paul, Westbrook, Curry, Lillard and Tony Parker. He probably won't score like Bledsoe, but I think he can run a team and make Favors, Kanter, and even Hayward much better than Bledsoe would once he has some time in the league.
I don't. I see him as a top backup or bottom starter. Hope I'm wrong.

I think pg coming out of college are the hardest players to try and predict. Pg is the one position that you have to try and see the game through their eyes in order to understand the player. If he was a little taller he might make a good sg but I don't think he has the vision of an elite pg.

I think pg coming out of college are the hardest players to try and predict. Pg is the one position that you have to try and see the game through their eyes in order to understand the player. If he was a little taller he might make a good sg but I don't think he has the vision of an elite pg.

wtf did you say?

I said Millsap for Paul George years ago.....