What's new

What's The Last Movie You’ve Seen?

I need a good pick me up

What types of movies do you like? I'm more into drama, science fiction and independent/foreign movies. A few foreign movies I really like:
  • Ida (Poland)
  • The lives of others (Germany)
  • The Salesman (Iran)
  • In the Mood for Love (Hong Kong)
  • Good bye Lenin (Germany)
  • The Hunt (Denmark)
  • Wild Tales (Argentina)
  • Amour (France)
  • Amores perros (Mexico)
  • Le Concert (France)
  • Cinema Paradiso (Italy)
  • Retablo (Peru)
  • The secret in their eyes (Argentina)
  • A separation (Iran)
  • Ciudad de Dios (Brasil)
  • Amelie (France)...

What types of movies do you like? I'm more into drama, science fiction and independent/foreign movies. A few foreign movies I really like:
  • Ida (Poland)
  • Life of Others (Germany)
  • The Salesman (Iran)
  • The Hunt (Denmark)
  • Wild Tales (Argentina)
  • Amour (France)
  • Amores perros (Mexico)
  • Le Concert (France)
  • Retablo (Peru)
  • A separation (Iran)
  • Amelie (France)...

Have you ever seen a movie called "Secret of the Roan Inish"?

It's an Irish movie but one of my all time favorites.

I think he is a good actor but yeah, he was out of place in Aquaman (and I would include Spiderman). They are terrible movies though. Not my cup of tea. Haven't watched Platoon in aaaages, probably now it's a good time to rewatch it.
Pretty much everything was out of place in Aquaman.

• Ida (Poland)
  • The lives of others (Germany)
  • The Salesman (Iran)
  • The Hunt (Denmark)
  • Wild Tales (Argentina)
  • Amour (France)
  • Amores perros (Mexico)
  • Le Concert (France)
  • Retablo (Peru)
  • A separation (Iran)
  • Amelie (France)...
Great list.

It's been some time since I watched Ida but I can still remember some shots. Great directing.

City of God has been my go to 'favorite movie' when asked.

Have you watched Nebraska?

Great list.

It's been some time since I watched Ida but I can still remember some shots. Great directing.

City of God has been my go to 'favorite movie' when asked.

Have you watched Nebraska?

Hard to pick a favorite movie. Godfather I&II are still very high on my list along with some of the foreign movies I posted. I'm also a big Kubrick fan.

Yeah, with Bruce Dern right? I remember his acting was amazing. Great movie.

Right now I'm downloading Secret of the Roan Inish (@DasJazz advice...it's taking forever by torrent, probably downloading it directly from his computer :D), Portrait of a Lady on Fire and Kieślowski's Three Colors trilogy.

Hard to pick a favorite movie. Godfather I&II are still very high on my list along with some of the foreign movies I posted. I'm also a big Kubrick fan.

Yeah, with Bruce Dern right? I remember his acting was amazing. Great movie.

Right now I'm downloading Secret of the Roan Inish (@DasJazz advice...it's taking forever by torrent, probably downloading it directly from his computer :D), Portrait of a Lady on Fire and Kieślowski's Three Colors trilogy.
That's true. I only went with it only when pressured. I don't even think it would be on my top 10 list, lol.

Spirit of the Beehive is probably my fave movie of all-time, though. I haven't seen it recommended much.

Portrait of a Lady on Fire was quite good. I liked it.

Have fun watching!

Rented A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood the other day. Wanted a surefire feel good movie and did it ever deliver. Brought the cheers and the tears in equal and profound measure. As a rule most of the time I try to avoid based on a true story movies because I think they are manipulative but made an exception for Fred Rogers. What an absolute bastion of kindness that man was.

Would also reccomend Won't You Be My Neighbour which might be even better. I think I caught that on Netflix if anyone is interested. Felt it was a balanced portrait of his life, where other (lesser) movies might be too eager to aggrandize and let some problematic facts slip through the cracks. He was basically flawlessly scrupled but it let you in on some of the turmoil and dillema's he faced. I thought the quandry he was in with the black man who played the policeman who also happened to be gay interesting. Honestly his whole message still resonates huge and is just as relevant today as it ever was.

Edit: Just watched the trailer and it made me ball like crazy all over again.

Last edited:
Rented A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood the other day. Wanted a surefire feel good movie and did it ever deliver. Brought the cheers and the tears in equal and profound measure. As a rule most of the time I try to avoid based on a true story movies because I think they are manipulative but made an exception for Fred Rogers. What an absolute bastion of kindness that man was.

Would also reccomend Won't You Be My Neighbour which might be even better. I think I caught that on Netflix if anyone is interested. Felt it was a balanced portrait of his life, where other (lesser) movies might be too eager to aggrandize and let some problematic facts slip through the cracks. He was basically flawlessly scrupled but it let you in on some of the turmoil and dillema's he faced. I thought the quandry he was in with the black man who played the policeman who also happened to be gay interesting. Honestly his whole message still resonates huge and is just as relevant today as it ever was.

I'm gonna have to watch these now. Got choked up watching that trailer

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Some really good foreign movies mentioned here. I’ll have to check out some of the ones I haven’t seen.

A couple others come to mind I really liked.

A Turkish film. Once Upon a Time in Anatolia.

A Spanish (I think) film. The Invisible Guest.

And a Scandinavian film. I can’t remember the name of it. There’s a boy biking through a meadow. He disappears. Then I think something similar happens 25 years later or something. A serial killer thing basically.

Watched "J'accuse", latest Polanski's movie. It's about a true story of Alfred Dreyfus, Jewish officer in French army at the end of 19th century who was injustly accused of treason. As all Polanski's movies it's very well made, good acting, very good costumes, interiors. It's historically accurate so if you don't know about that case it's definitely worth watching.

The Silence was that Scandinavian foreign flick I liked. Not as good as my other two recos but very solid.

I enjoyed both of them, and I had never seen an episode of his show.

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app

I enjoy watching cheesy thrillers late at night.

Last night, at 11pm, I watched I See You with Helen Hunt. I REALLY liked this. It had to be straight to video but gets a 6.7 on IMDb and I’d give it a little higher, around a 7.3. Felt quite original, well acted, well woven and written (one or two minor complaints) and some other great **** I don’t want to mention.

Then I watched Unsane. Claire Foy is in it. There’s a solid and surprising cameo in it too. I had remembered the commercials for it and decided to give it a whirl. Solid. Not as good as I See You imo though.

I enjoy watching cheesy thrillers late at night.

Last night, at 11pm, I watched I See You with Helen Hunt. I REALLY liked this. It had to be straight to video but gets a 6.7 on IMDb and I’d give it a little higher, around a 7.3. Felt quite original, well acted, well woven and written (one or two minor complaints) and some other great **** I don’t want to mention.

Then I watched Unsane. Claire Foy is in it. There’s a solid and surprising cameo in it too. I had remembered the commercials for it and decided to give it a whirl. Solid. Not as good as I See You imo though.

Thanks for recomandation. I watched I See You yesterday and enjoyed it. But what the hell happened to Helen Hunt's face? It was the most scary thing in the movie.

Watched Cube(1997). I first came across it like 15+ years ago, the premise is still pretty neat, smartly made on not much of a budget. I think I read somewhere they use the same room throughout the movie, just change the lighting. I enjoy it even though the cop actor over acting is still amusingly bad and the cgi hasnt aged well.