What's new

What's The Last Movie You’ve Seen?

Quite a few things. That one where he has to go with his family in a Winnebago to Mexico or somewhere. Drugs were involved. I think he was in that movie Grand Rapids a while back. TAG which was way better than I expected.

Just looked at his IMDB. He's still in things but nothing that major since Vacation in 2015. He's fallen off quite a bit and for good reason as I agree he's a dummy.

Watched Good Boys on HBO last night. Extremely mediocre. Had solid reviews but was just Superbad redone with 12 year olds instead. But done poorly.

Yeah, definitely not going to give Charlie Chaplin or Woody Allen or Mel Brooks a run for their money - but I found it entertaining.

I found the message to be useful - no matter how much PC nonsense or overprotective rules or helicopter parenting you drill into kids these days - boys will still be boys.

And it helped that the kids were likeable.

Yeah, definitely not going to give Charlie Chaplin or Woody Allen or Mel Brooks a run for their money - but I found it entertaining.

I found the message to be useful - no matter how much PC nonsense or overprotective rules or helicopter parenting you drill into kids these days - boys will still be boys.

And it helped that the kids were likeable.

Thays funny, because my wife and I thought all 3 kids were selfish little dicks.

Thays funny, because my wife and I thought all 3 kids were selfish little dicks.

Ah, that probably explains it - I think pretty much all 12 year olds are selfish by nature. So maybe I was a bit more forgiving.

Then again I only have one kid - that barely constitutes as a parent, lol

Finally watched "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood."

Yes it was a bit indulgent but I didn't care - still enjoyed it a lot. And I found the ending cathartic. I'm beyond sick of the glorification of Manson.

I found Pitt’s ex being named Natalie I’m very, very poor taste. Maybe even misogynistic.

hmmm....you mean Rebecca Gayheart? According to IMDB her character name was Billie.

No idea who played her but watch the scene again if you can. He refers to her as Natalie in the boat scene. I think. I’ve seen it twice and it sounded exactly like that to me.

No idea who played her but watch the scene again if you can. He refers to her as Natalie in the boat scene. I think. I’ve seen it twice and it sounded exactly like that to me.

aha....his wife's sister is named "Natalie" .

I'd link it but there's about 20 "F" bombs.

I can see how you would think that - her line is "Natalie, my sister said....." It's easy to think she's talking in the third person. Obviously QT trying to be cute.

Watched Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.

Oof. It was the worst Star Wars I watched since the prequels. Editing was terrible and what was up with powerpoint slide effect on some of the transitions? Plot felt forced and everything they tried to build in Last Jedi crashed down. There are still gorgeous visuals though and acting is good enough.

But I did not need to see young Leia. Who thought that was a good idea, anyways?

"All the money in the world" - story of the kidnapping of a billionaire J.P. Getty's grandson. Inspired by true story, I checked the facts afterwards and it's largely accurate. Good movie, interesting story, very old Christopher Plummer still delivers nice performance.

Watched The Host. It's a Korean monster/horror movie which is a lot more different than cliche Hollywood ones and it's much better. Cgi shows its age but I didn't mind it.
Song Kang-ho, the father from Parasite, does a delightful job.
As always, Koreans and their social commentary is present and it's welcome.
It's getting more and more obvious to me that Turkish and Korean drama tropes are very similar.
It's quite full of black humour.
I may have gotten in a some sort of Korean cinema circle, I have seen some of these actors in other Korean movies.

Edit: It's a Bong Joon-Ho film, somehow I have been watching and enjoying his films without checking their director.

Last edited:
The Only Son (1936) Probably my favorite old Japanese movie. I actually prefer this over Ozu's more noted masterpiece "Tokyo Story"

U will literally never see an american made film which uses the camera like The Only Son. The Camera pretty much never moves.. Plus just the eye level of the standard camera is set in a way that its like from a seated postion and your looking up at the people standing..