What's new

What's The Last Movie You’ve Seen?

Looks like the 50's and 60's was the golden age of films according to critics. Nothing recent on the list. One of the movies on the list was from 1929 lol.

Oh If you're referencing "Man With a Movie Camera"... That movie is actually breathtaking, it's buzzing with life and has aged spectacularly WAY ahead of its time and truly a masterpiece of cinematography. Many consider it to be the greatest documentary ever made.

Here it is, it's public domain.. The soundtrack isnt from 1929.

I love that Mulholland Drive (2001) is the most recent film on the critics poll, and also so high up... thats a great film that I think probably went over a good bit of heads.

I would also agree that the best movies seemed to have come from the 50's and 60's tbh. Especially when you look at international films from that Era, thats when many of the titans were in their prime in europe and definitely japan too.

Last edited:
@Lord Bullingdon

Ever see Birth? I ****ing loved that movie the first time I saw it. And Ebert had it in his top 10 movies of all-time list one year...iirc. Crazy but I'm pretty sure he did.

Last edited:
Looks like the 50's and 60's was the golden age of films according to critics. Nothing recent on the list. One of the movies on the list was from 1929 lol.
Seems to be a good starting point on discovering older movies/history of film. It's crazy to think sometimes that Nosferatu is nearly 100 years old.

Just watched one of the more modern films on that list. Yi Yi(2000). From a Taiwanese director. I think it's really good. beautifully shot... I found it on youtube so i'll just post it here, this channel has some really good international films.

the kid actor in this slays

Last edited:
The Vast of Night on Amazon.

It has some of the coolest filmed tracking scenes I've seen.

New Mexico. 1950s. Sci Fi. Sign me up.

I watched "Paradise" and "Ford v Ferrari" over the weekend. I had no idea what Paradise was going to be about. Great flick. And I was angry about the end of Ford v Ferrari because it was a true story and so ridiculous. People in power suck.

I watched "Paradise" and "Ford v Ferrari" over the weekend. I had no idea what Paradise was going to be about. Great flick. And I was angry about the end of Ford v Ferrari because it was a true story and so ridiculous. People in power suck.

Ford vs Ferrari is funny because it tries to frame one of the biggest car companies in the world with an unlimited budget as the underdog vs the tiny car company on the verge of bankruptcy. It was a fun movie though. Tough to screw up with Damon and Bale but the whole plot and idea behind it was kind of stupid.

Last edited:
There used to be a stripper named paradise as a strip club called northern exposure. She was my favorite

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Shirley (2020). It's labelled as: biographical, drama, thriller but it doesn't really fit none. It's a fictional story about the horror writer Shirley Jackson though you won't really learn much about her life from that movie. It's too banal for a drama and the thriller label there is just to attract the viewers I suppose. I don't know why but there is something I can't stand about Elisabeth Moss although I agree she is a good actress. I read some reviews claiming her performance in that movie is brilliant, Oscar deserving etc. Seriously I don't get it at all, nothing extraordinary, whole movie I felt that it is just Elisabeth Moss in heavy make-up, not a real character.

Shirley (2020). It's labelled as: biographical, drama, thriller but it doesn't really fit none. It's a fictional story about the horror writer Shirley Jackson though you won't really learn much about her life from that movie. It's too banal for a drama and the thriller label there is just to attract the viewers I suppose. I don't know why but there is something I can't stand about Elisabeth Moss although I agree she is a good actress. I read some reviews claiming her performance in that movie is brilliant, Oscar deserving etc. Seriously I don't get it at all, nothing extraordinary, whole movie I felt that it is just Elisabeth Moss in heavy make-up, not a real character.
Hmm

Shirley Jackson is one of my favourite writers. Haunting of Hill House and We Have Always Lived in the Castle are perfect gothic horror stories. She has influenced many horror writers as well.

And I have always been impressed by Elisabeth Moss whenever I saw her. She has quite the range.

The trailer has me hyped.

Hmm

Shirley Jackson is one of my favourite writers. Haunting of Hill House and We Have Always Lived in the Castle are perfect gothic horror stories. She has influenced many horror writers as well.

And I have always been impressed by Elisabeth Moss whenever I saw her. She has quite the range.

The trailer has me hyped.

I haven't read anything by her but certainly will. I doubt that it would change my perception of the movie though.

Goodland.

Was scrolling through free on demand films and decided to watch it. Direction is mediocre at best. Acting is worse. But I sort of liked the script. I feel like in the hands of a good director it could have been a really solid flick. Would’ve loved to see what Jeff Nichols or the Coens could do with it.