What's new

What's The Last Movie You’ve Seen?

I watched The Lincoln Lawyer last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm not a big Matthew McConaughey fan but thought he did a great job. Enjoyed the twists and the entire cast.

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app

Edge of Seventeen—liked it quite a bit, cried a little
Free Fire—solid cast, okay. Sort of meh.
Haywire—got halfway through this before my son woke. Liked it quite a bit.

I know it's been mentioned on here but I did finally watch ' Color out of Space'. This one took a little while to grab me. I enjoyed Cage going full Cage mode, but nothing else stood out...up until a creature is created involving two of the characters and it is effectively disturbing. That changed the movie for me. It has a similar premise to 'Annihilation' but is nowhere near as good.

I also watched 'Doctor Sleep', I really enjoyed it. I'm a fan of Flanagan and he does a great job of bringing his own ideas and visual style to the table. There are several scenes from this that are really great. It's a sequel but stands up as it's own thing, up until a point. I think he got a bit carried away at the end.

This documentary on Chuck Jones is so good.. if you enjoyed old cartoons like Loony Tunes and Merry Melodies you'll probably love this.,.

Beanpole. 2019 Russian drama set in Lenningrad shortly after the WW2. Story of two young women coping with war traumas and searching for sense of existance in new reality. Intense and emotional movie with great acting and nice visual work. Pretty heavy but worth watching.

Watched Old Guard on Netflix.

It's fine if you crave some action, Charlize Theron kills it as always. The premise was good but ultimately not enough depth and dialogue felt too clunky at times. Nice hook for a sequel, though. It could get better with sequels or if it was a series.

Finally watched hacksaw ridge. I thought it was really well done. Stayed fairly true to the true story. Overall a good war flick.

Finally watched hacksaw ridge. I thought it was really well done. Stayed fairly true to the true story. Overall a good war flick.
Maybe I will watch that next.
I just watched Underwater. It was pretty good

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

This last week I have watched Bloodshot, Fury and That's My Boy. Probably binge the new season of Jack Ryan this weekend.

Ugh. Totally meh for me. It felt like (lighting, camerawork, acting) a mediocre made for tv film for much of it to me.

The protector. I think the bone breaking clips set my expectations to higher level, the muay thai was not as impressive that I imagined it’d be. Still good movie tho.

Terminator Dark Fate. Feel like they've just given up on these. I was so bored.
I think the context matters as much as the production. Fallout games, terminator 2 and movies like Threads could hit the spot like none other. But you gotta be in the right mood and mindset to enjoy it To the max too.

1917. Liked it. I appreciated the amount of production work that went into it. Felt like they meticulously planned a lot of shots and used a lot of different methods to shoot each scene. The behind the scenes stuff on this one is a must watch.

Watched 'The Gentlemen' overall I enjoyed it, Colin Farrell and Hugh Grant are both really great in it and it's the best McConaughey performance in years. Does it reach the level of Snatch or Lock Stock not quite(the humor element is a bit missing on this), but it does a lot of things well. It moves at a brisk pace and is very entertaining.

Watched 'The Gentlemen' overall I enjoyed it, Colin Farrell and Hugh Grant are both really great in it and it's the best McConaughey performance in years. Does it reach the level of Snatch or Lock Stock not quite(the humor element is a bit missing on this), but it does a lot of things well. It moves at a brisk pace and is very entertaining.

When you say best MM performance in years, you mean like 5-6 years?