What's new

What's The Last Movie You’ve Seen?

I swear that movie is so damn funny it leaves u constantly at an impasse if you should laugh or just sit there in amazement. The timing of all the layers of comedy is just impeccable.

I swear that movie is so damn funny it leaves u constantly at an impasse if you should laugh or just sit there in amazement. The timing of all the layers of comedy is just impeccable.
I love that movie. Sellers is incredible. Did Shirley MacLaine have a better performance? Her opulent vacancy in that film is astounding, and the things she says are so perfect.

Just watched The Raid. That is hands down one of the best action movies ever. As one review put it, the fights are like dance scenes, in that the cinematographer makes sure you can see their feet. The final fight is one of the best I've ever seen, and it has a hallway scene right up there with the original Oldboy.

I love that movie. Sellers is incredible. Did Shirley MacLaine have a better performance? Her opulent vacancy in that film is astounding, and the things she says are so perfect.
The dialogue/audio throughout is so marvelously executed it's difficult for me to pick and choose.

The old dying millionaire played by Melvyn Douglas to me stands out as a supporting actor just because of how essential he was to selling the main gags that allowed Chance's influence to really grow like a garden.

As absurd as the conversation with the president is, the conversations with Melvin Douglas' character throughout are just as, if not more, absurd. From that alone this movie just has such a legendary tone set to it.

This is something thats aged spectacularly and will continue to do so.

Also; whoever cast the Nanny/Maid that raised Sellers character couldnt have found a better actress for the job

Last edited:
So my town library is awesome. You can buy used DVD’s there for 50 cents. One I bought and just watched, after years of waiting for it to come back on streaming, was Incendies. Great ****ing film. I highly recommend it. It’s a foreign film by Denis Villeneuve, the director of Prisoners and Sicario, amongst other things. It’s essentially a mystery and was so damn good.

The suicide squad was great

Looking forward to seeing free man, stillwater, and the green knight

A Prarie Home Companion (2006) 9.5/10 Love this movie! one of my favorites from the 2000s for sure.

Robert Altmans farewell is masterfully directed imo. extremely high quality cuts. Its got the classic Altman feel to it in spades. Its crazy he died same year this came out there's some lines that mustve been written way earlier that hit perfectly.

Garrison Keillor slays! The way the movie kinda carries on while hes hitting all his cues for the Radio show is just too perfect.

Last edited:
The suicide squad was great

Looking forward to seeing free man, stillwater, and the green knight
I really liked Free Guy. It was full of inconsistencies and silly premises, but was surprisingly deep, if a little heavy-handed in their philosophical message. But well worth the watch for sure.

I really liked Free Guy. It was full of inconsistencies and silly premises, but was surprisingly deep, if a little heavy-handed in their philosophical message. But well worth the watch for sure.
My wife and I were going to see that recently but then my daughter got sick so we didn't want to take her to the babysitter.
That one is definitely on my list

Werewolves Within was fun. Not a lot to take away but great lead and while quite predictable, it still keeps you in.

Anyone see Licorice Pizza, Nightmare Alley, Macbeth, or Spielberg’s West Side Story?I
I want to watch Licorice Pizza.

I DID watch Karate Kid III because I'm watching Cobra Kai and despite that I LOVED Karate Kid when I was a little Karate Kid I watched number II but never watched Karate Kid III. Totally worth it just for context for the Cobra Kai series.

I want to watch Licorice Pizza.

I DID watch Karate Kid III because I'm watching Cobra Kai and despite that I LOVED Karate Kid when I was a little Karate Kid I watched number II but never watched Karate Kid III. Totally worth it just for context for the Cobra Kai series.
And part III is worth it for the over-the-top acting by Silver especially. He did all but wring his hands and cackle in a low menacing voice while staring into the camera with his brow raised like a vampire or something. Gotta love the 80's movies for that. This was like the pinnacle of 80's excess in acting. Hilarious!