What's new

Whats the lowest draft pick they could get?

im not an expert on the draft lottery so can someone tell me whats the lowest the nets pick can end up? 9th?

expect $tern to give utah the worst possible picks

Since it's only possible for 2 teams to jump us into the top 3 the worst the pick can be is #8

Since it's only possible for 2 teams to jump us into the top 3 the worst the pick can be is #8

Actually, that's not accurate. The lowest the Jazz's first lottery pick could theoretically be would be 9th overall, as 3 teams could possibly jump ahead of them. The lottery is for the top 3 spots in the draft, not just the top 2. The New Jersey pick will either be in the top 3 or it will be 6th, 7th, 8th, or 9th. The Jazz second lottery pick will either be in the top 3 (unlikely) or 12th, 13th, or 14th.

You are right pappyman. I guess it is possible for it to be 9th looking at the rules. But in the history of the lottery the 6th pick has never dropped below the #8 spot. Thats what threw me when I read it.

Maybe we will get lucky and

A. Jump into the top 3 with the Nets pick.

B. Stay put and nobody jumps ahead of us.

C. Get WAY lucky and have our own pick jump us.

D. Win the lottery and have both our picks jump.

But after reading this and laughing about it I guess it wouldn't surprise me if we ended up with the #9 and #14 picks.

https://www.nba.com/jazz/features/draft2011_lotterypreview.html

What Getting a Top 3 Pick Would Mean for the Jazz
Landing a top-3 pick is about as likely as landing a back stage pass to a Justin Bieber concert… if we were into that sort of thing. A top-3 player could be just what we need to propel us back into the playoffs. It could also stimulate player movement, as we could use this pick to obtain depth or future draft picks.

Jazz Lottery Luck
We have none. Some may call Kevin O'Connor's 2005 draft-day trade with Portland to move up and acquire Deron Williams, "luck." And they would be wrong. That’s just good, old fashioned "wheeling and dealing" folks. Does anyone even remember the last time we won a tie-breaker coin toss? Sacramento, do you? The long of it is that we've given up on traditional luck aiding devices; shamrocks, coins, horseshoes, rabbits feet - BAH!

I'm expecting the worst and hoping for the best. Let's face it, when it comes to anything to do with "chance", the Jazz aren't blessed with luck.

The last time we were in the lottery (2005) we had the 4th worst record but ended up with the 6th pick. So getting the 8th or 9th pick in this lottery would definitely not surprise me.

If we get the #1 pick and land Irving that would be great. Dwill2 @ 2 would be good, but let's face it this draft is weak on superstars.
There are still a lot of good players out there that I hope to land, but no one I'm dying for. Irving maybe.

Point is, this isn't the draft to cash in our luck.

What ever happens KOC needs to take a chance and make a move for either one of the top 2 picks this year, lets not try and get a guy at 6 and hope he is the answer, lets make a move. We even have a similar situation next year. Come on KOC be a man and make a move.

What ever happens KOC needs to take a chance and make a move for either one of the top 2 picks this year, lets not try and get a guy at 6 and hope he is the answer, lets make a move. We even have a similar situation next year. Come on KOC be a man and make a move.

After this past season, I will seriously never question the cojones of Kevin O'Connor.