What's new

What's wrong with SLC?

We have our lot of those out here as well... Who are more concerned about how they look than anything else. I ride fixed gear myself, but have gone the route that some cycling fans take...graduating to road bikes. In fact, Im buying my first road bike today.

Ahhhhh, the fanny pack.

Biking is so cliquish. On one side are the Fixed Gear Freaks who are really into purity which apparently means you have to suffer. But on the other side are the Weight Nazis who pay outrageous sums of money to shave 3 millionths of an ounce from their bike. And they both look like *******s, the Fixies with their rolled up jeans and the Prettybike guys with all that matching spandex.

I will only ever own a road bike. My only advice to anyone buying a bike is get a steel frame--not aluminum and not carbon (or titanium or whatever.) Those frames are lighter but more rigid. Steel is heavier but a much smoother ride. And basically get all the cheapest components--derailleur, brakes, shifters--because all that **** is priced by weight, not performance. Spend money on rims and tires.

On another note, being bothered by lack of people of whatever race you are in a city is downright insane. My city is 0.5% Jewish and I don't exactly cry into my matza ball soup about it.

Biking is so cliquish. On one side are the Fixed Gear Freaks who are really into purity which apparently means you have to suffer. But on the other side are the Weight Nazis who pay outrageous sums of money to shave 3 millionths of an ounce from their bike. And they both look like *******s, the Fixies with their rolled up jeans and the Prettybike guys with all that matching spandex.

I will only ever own a road bike. My only advice to anyone buying a bike is get a steel frame--not aluminum and not carbon (or titanium or whatever.) Those frames are lighter but more rigid. Steel is heavier but a much smoother ride. And basically get all the cheapest components--derailleur, brakes, shifters--because all that **** is priced by weight, not performance. Spend money on rims and tires.

STEEL IS REAL

But so is titanium.

ye, the wasatch range is merely a part of the periphery of the rocky mountains, which stretch from new mexico to north west Canada.